What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How many years will it take before I can open an online weed market?

kinesis

Did the recent federal lawsuit against DOJ that protects medical marijuana businesses and forces the federal government to respect the state laws effect online marijuana vendors?
This is the one:
http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/10/20/victory-medical-marijuana-court-tells-doj-lay-legal-providers
I wnt to make an online store where people in recreational states or med mj patients can buy high quality herb and related products.

I found a really cool looking store on Anoox. it was a joke though because it didn't have SSL and asked for credit card info. It had a catchy name with good keywords in it. There's also a med mj online store that dubs itself "The world's first online marijuana market" but I can't drop the name here due to ICMag rules. They only ship to CA med mj patients and make you send in ID with a fax of your doctor's recommendation.

Is interstate commerce protected by that lawsuit mentioned above, and if not when do you think I can open an online store for weed for all jurisdictions with legal cannabis worldwide?

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
if you want an exact date i would recommend you contact rj reynolds tobacco company.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you want an exact date i would recommend you contact rj reynolds tobacco company.

Sad, but true.....or Monsanto. Sigh.

Years ago, (after 9/11) when traveling to Arizona, I didn't want to pack anything in my bag, so I ordered from a Compassionate Friends type web site, (Goggling "where to buy pot on line in Arizona") and had 2 different strains delivered to the golf resort! Amazing!

It still goes on....you just need to know how to keep it covert.

kinesis

Sad, but true.....or Monsanto. Sigh.

Years ago, (after 9/11) when traveling to Arizona, I didn't want to pack anything in my bag, so I ordered from a Compassionate Friends type web site, (Goggling "where to buy pot on line in Arizona") and had 2 different strains delivered to the golf resort! Amazing!

It still goes on....you just need to know how to keep it covert.
Monsanto says on their website that their rumored involvement with cannabis is a myth:
http://www.monsanto.com/newsviews/pages/myths-about-monsanto.aspx
http://hoax.trendolizer.com/2015/04/monsantijuana.html
Myth: Monsanto is developing GMO marijuana
Monsanto has not and is not working on GMO marijuana. This allegation is an Internet rumor and lie.

I lol'd

SpaceJunkOG

worldwide or nationwide - i wouldn't even think about it at the moment. just asking for trouble. and you don't wanna be the first one, IME. let somebody else be the guinea pig for that one. and you're gonna need a few million to start it up, if you want to service the whole country.

statewide? companies already do this here in CA and maybe other med states. there's a gel cap / edible company for example, probably the most well known MMJ gel cap maker, i buy direct from them online, they ship to my house. i just have to send them a screenshot of my rec, it takes them a few days to verify it, they send me an email saying they've verified and I can place an order, I order with my CC from their online store, and my order shows up at my house a few days later. I'm sure they aren't the only company. They are in CA, I'm in CA, so I assume it works because it's all in-state. No discreet shipping needed, no fake sender address, it's all a very legitimate transaction. i don't know of any other websites like this. i don't know why there aren't any others either. it's strange to me. i've always wondered how they can exist, but they have for years and they still sell online.

There are a LOT of people who would jump at the opportunity to start an online weed business, to be able to sell their product but not have to deal with the customer in person, or worry about a storefront or robbery attempts. Imagine all the current owners of dispensaries who might want to add an online side-business to accompany their storefront. I'm actually surprised this question hasn't been raised more or talked about more. It's such a gaping hole in the market, online sales have outpaced storefront sales in almost every industry, when / if it ever does become a fully legitimate venture, I'd bet it's gonna blow the fuck up fast. A lot of people would love to be able to buy their weed online with everything else. (a lot of people will always go to dispensaries because they will want to see, smell and inspect the product, but still a ton would buy online and stop going to the storefront altogether).

Subbing this thread, very curious now what the status of this is and where it might go in the next few years.

SpaceJunkOG

Monsanto says on their website that their rumored involvement with cannabis is a myth:
http://www.monsanto.com/newsviews/pages/myths-about-monsanto.aspx
http://hoax.trendolizer.com/2015/04/monsantijuana.html

Myth: Monsanto is developing GMO marijuana
Monsanto has not and is not working on GMO marijuana. This allegation is an Internet rumor and lie.

So, they're just working with regular marijuana, but they're not genetically modifying it. That's how i interpret that statement.

kinesis

Yes there are a couple online vendors in Canada that operate 'grey area' but its not like going to Amazon or eBay to buy weed. If I try to list weed for sale on those sites I could get into some trouble. I mean like, real interstate commerce in the US.. It could take a long time for UNODC to remove weed from the drugs list and make it global though. With the Richard Branson memo leak, hopefully weed will be globalized soon. We'll see in maybe 3 years what Canada does to shape the world. The US has a cannabis bureaucracy, it is corrupt and problematic. I posted a letter template to congress and presidential candidates to stop it here -> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=315037 and plan on doing a Whitehouse.gov petition soon. From what I see, Bernie, Hillary, and Trump all say they are for the bureaucracy - not the people.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
you can setup shop rght now - i hear theres a thing called the "dark web
" you access through something called "tor" - google "ross ulbricht" and you will find lots of current marketplaces that would be happy to have you on board.

seriously , just a little humor. as for a legit site, you need to wait for the feds to reschedule and or legalize and that, and the money against legalizing it are the biggest obstacles.

kingroot

Medical marijuana

Medical marijuana

medical-marijuana.jpg

I wnt to make an online store where people in recreational states or med mj patients can buy high quality herb and related products. I found a really cool looking store on Anoox. it was a joke though because it didn't have SSL and asked for credit card info. It had a catchy name with good keywords in it. There's also a med mj online store that dubs itself "The world's first online marijuana market" but I can't drop the name here due to ICMag rules. They only ship to CA med mj patients and make you send in ID with a fax of your doctor's recommendation. Is interstate commerce protected by that lawsuit mentioned above said:
Hi, kinesis
I think going online is little bit risk. As per latest reports, most of the North American countries will legalise weeds for both medical and recreational purposes within next 10 year. The Canadian PM already stated that the govt is planning to legalize both medical and recreational use of weeds.:peacock:
I assume that will be a golden opportunity for smokers and sellers. Most smokers prefer offline store as it will be much faster and the customer can directly check the quality and amount of weed they are willing to buy.
I choose the offline store, as I had a bitter experience from online buying of weeds(most of them are risky and fraud).I prefer you to start a medical marijuana store. I am saying this most of the Canadians(40%) hold a medical card to smoke weeds. it is very easy to get a medical card from local clinics and thus, they are using smoking it legally. :)
We are also planning for a medical marijuana business(offline store ) and do online when the govt lift all types of Ban. Her in Canada it is easy to start a medical marijuana business
:thank you:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
All it takes is some big balls n some creative sales techniques.... Buy this rolling paper for 50bucks n receive a free gift... It's been being done for quite some time now....

The problem with online sales is cannabis and concentratr quality are completely subjective. You can have a vendor with the best reviews but if those reviews are made by weekend smokers, it's not going go help anyone but other weekend smokers. We all have vastly different tolerances and buying cannabis online is a shot in the dark.