What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the likelihood of being mugged in the weed business?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
having a second party that hangs back and watches your back is smart.......lol... I aint had any serious issues....it depends on the individual and his or her customers...don't be a pussy and don't deal with scumbags ...and keep your mouth shut ...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Love 731
Studies show that everybody in the "Biz" will at some point meet death. Quit being a pussy, get out there and get yours!1
ying.gif

This needs more love. Ironic that it would be from one love :laughing:darth

Ironic that this would be from Darth Vader:biggrin:

good call ghost...good call :) where im from dudes that deal with professionals,dont flash money, live normal appearing lives with normal cars and stuff all make it, dudes that go the other way get mugged via cops,stick up dudes and the common junkie. I'de think on the bussiness side I would make sure to keep changing things up in your routine and dont keep schedules the same for long, incase you got people casing you out. I previously have never had the chance of running a legit weed company but I think i'de do it about the same with taxes and paper work..i dunno im gonna burn one and not think about it :)

T

tropicannayeah

when I used to buy wholesale I hated how I had to test the bud first, weigh it then count out all the money ..I hate counting when I'm stoned while talking biz in what is usually a paranoid situation..I hated spending so much time with the seller (or buyer), I hated walking out stoned and blurry. So what I did first was just say that I wanted to change how things are done. I stopped testing the stuff, stopped weighing it and just exchanged cash and bud or hash and left without hanging around. If the deal was short on weight or unacceptable then I would get my money back with no questions asked...the less time together doing the switch over the better it is ...the deal could be done in seconds

My beef is with the dispensaries accepting vendors during business hours , all deliveries of medicine should be done before a shop opens , old men like me have been robbed and some of us have robbed ourselves , here in Sonoma and Mendocino there are home invasions and robberies every fall , I am so frigging sick of it , I never sell to anyone anymore , the marijuana business and all it,s hustlers can go to hell .

WelderDan

Veteran
I've never had a problem, but then again I only deal with folks I know. Buying or selling. If you're slinging weed on the corner, well you're taking a chance.

Being 6'4" 225lbs and very confident my chances are slim. People can tell when your not to be fucked with. I have been put in some shitty situations by dispensaries though. Most recently I was handed around 10k in cash infront of a whole club full of thugs. A big guy came up to me and told me to "watch my roll". I looked him square in the eye and told him "don't worry I got it" and walked out. Definitely checked over my shoulder on the way to the car.

A

acridlab

Being 5'6 & 140 pounds.
Never had a problem..
Shit gets ignorant,I will put a slug in that ass tho

St. Phatty

Probably 95%.

It depends on location, too.

We're developing a model of Cannabis Worker Mortality, sorted by Geography, using the Google Earth API.

The take-away is that it's pretty damn safe. :woohoo:

I hear about grow-rips and home invasion robberies happening a lot more in Humboldt than in South Oregon.

I wonder if it's because people in Oregon are more likely to have guns ?

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Of course if you are going to have a friend "shadow you" it might make sense if he is also an authorized/registered "armed guard". A few years ago an LA dispensary was making a delivery to an apartment complex in Brea and the armed guard shot and killed one of the robbers; the security guard was never charged and the bad dudes went up river.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/griffin-305597-dang-delivery.html

"The incident began as the marijuana dispensary employee and his security guard went to the apartment complex to make a delivery to a customer, Griffin said.

That's when Dang and his friends apparently approached the delivery vehicle, confronted the driver and a struggle ensued, Griffin said. Dang, who was armed with a handgun, went up to the armed security guard, who fired several rounds, he said.

"Dang approached carrying a handgun," Griffin said. "The security guard fired three rounds striking the victim."

Officers responded to reports of shots fired and found Dang on the ground. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Officers detained the suspects at the scene.

The delivery man and the security guard were questioned and released, Griffin said."

Moral of the story: Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

The Master

Weed is not a simple business to be in. Its VERY complex. If you don't get mugged by some low life, you will get exploited by banker or investor.

If not, the bugs will kill your crop. Or someone like me, with a BIG ego and BIG results will run put you out of business because eating noobs and goofs satisfies my ego more than the cannabis cups under my belt.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Ya know newbie, you seem to know somethings, You're remotely interesting. But yr acting like a DB. THAT usually indicates a closet grower. There are many Master Growers here. Along with the closet/you Tube Guys. Show some respect.

Remember :

"Those who know don't tell, and those who tell, don't know."

jd4083

Veteran
Being 5'6 & 140 pounds.
Never had a problem..
Shit gets ignorant,I will put a slug in that ass tho

I don't know you from Adam but I can be 100% certain from this post alone that you are a punk ass bitch.

"put a slug in that ass tho" lmao get the fuck outta here kid

DarthFader1

Veteran
Ya know newbie, you seem to know somethings, You're remotely interesting. But yr acting like a DB. THAT usually indicates a closet grower. There are many Master Growers here. Along with the closet/you Tube Guys. Show some respect.

Remember :

"Those who know don't tell, and those who tell, don't know."

Yes this.

And also, i was just checking in to see if anyone got mugged yet?

A

acridlab

I don't know you from Adam but I can be 100% certain from this post alone that you are a punk ass bitch.

"put a slug in that ass tho" lmao get the fuck outta here kid

Just saw this one after all this time, lol..
Guess u don't know what it's like to b shot, or live in a shitty area with a bunch of idiots running around cracked out...
So if what I said, means I'm a punk ads bitch,, then u my friend ,, can suck my chiappa :)

Latest posts

Latest posts