What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow opportunity - need advice

highsteppa

Veteran
You can use a transplanter or some people do it by hand even on acreage because it is faster and they have a crew. Clones and seedlings both have their pros and cons but seedlings are less expensive and easier to produce. You’ll want to start with some soil tests and by taking a look at your water source availability.

highsteppa

Veteran
I’d be interested in hearing about the details. Is there any barns/buildings at the location. Will you have greenhouses? How many acres?

midwestkid

Veteran
Well I'm still gathering the details and trying to feel out what my responsibilities would be. He has mentioned turkey houses or chicken houses (commercial scale) I think he is wanting to try to retrofit some of these facilities for indoor year round production.
Can you tell me more about this Otto you guys are running? How does it perform? Size, cycle length, cbd percentages, etc

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I am under the impression we will be growing flowers for cbd production. No fiber or seed.
What varieties are you growing highsteppa?

You should find out, because if there are hemp fields all around you, you won't be getting any bud.

Now if you can find a late flowering CBD strain, you can do it because traditional hemp males flower very early and continue for a couple months. So you'd have to plant late and by the time your crop starts flowering the hemp pollen shouldn't affect your flowers a great deal. Still, that's high risk. Traditional hemp has very little CBD so finding commercial CBD seeds with very low THC will cost you a bundle. If I were you (them), I'd partner with someone who wants a foothold in the US. Someone like Endoca.

Sounds like fun, but the risk level would be too high for me. And I have a very high tolerance for risk.

midwestkid

Veteran
Tycho this will be happening in Arkansas and from what I've heard there aren't many hemp grows going yet. So hopefully cross pollination isnt a huge factor just yet. We will in fact be trying to produce flowers. I will research Endoca. Thanks for the lead. Searching for proven cbd flower genetics is one of the things I've been doing to feel like I'm being proactive while all of the planning is up in the air...

midwestkid

Veteran
A few high cbd lines ive heard about so far:
The wife
Trump
Otto
Then there's OregonCBD

What others?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Tycho this will be happening in Arkansas and from what I've heard there aren't many hemp grows going yet. So hopefully cross pollination isnt a huge factor just yet. We will in fact be trying to produce flowers. I will research Endoca. Thanks for the lead. Searching for proven cbd flower genetics is one of the things I've been doing to feel like I'm being proactive while all of the planning is up in the air...

That's how you do it. That way if they have a question, you'll have an answer for them. Pollen doesn't travel very far so you should be good.

highsteppa

Veteran
Trump or t1 is good but smaller plant, so you’ll need more per acre. There’s lots of sources, just got to poke around.