What's new

anti-anxiety strain for my situation

A

Aeronoob

Ive searched alot of threads on this subject, but since going into a doctors office wouldent answer this question of mine....What is THE perfect strain for some one who gets anxiety whenthey smoke. I sued to be able to take arizona ice tea gravity bongs of train wreck and strawberry cough ect. At some point in my life I started getting anxiety whenever I smoked and my tolorence hit rock bottom. One hit gets me as ripped as it would take 5 bong rips too. also the high has changed. I cannot relax no matter what strain ive tried the past couple years. Only thing that was close was GDP. I also worry about my heart alot, so when i smoke, if its strong which it always is I start freaking out about my heart which give me anxiety, I also get heart palputations when im not smoking some times really bad which freaks me out, so when i smoke and I can "feel" my heart beat or whatever It starts the anxiety wheel going.

any strain out their that will jsut be cloud 9 happy thoughts. Im looking for a really light, warm happy high to relax on not be ripped or stoned sour. Ive been smoking nothing but dank shit but whats the point if all these strains are not letting me enjoy relaxing being high when i get home from work or my day off....they all make me feel geekd and tense.

some one tell me THE strain for anxiety, and ill never let it go, it will stay in my grow forever.

G

Guest3498

I'd recommend something along the lines of sour bubble, bubba kush, or like you mentioned, GDP.

Blueberry may also fit the bill, but I know that it's a pain to find a good blueberry keeper...

b8man

Veteran
Check out some Mandala strains. Sadhu and Hashberry for a more mellow indica buzz, Satori for a slightly more active one. Shouldn't have your heart racing, easy to find good phenos and cheap readily avail seeds.

It's happened to me too. Anxiety attacks age you.

I highly reccommend the Sadhu as well. Not the most potent strain, but it isn't meant to be. I think the reputation of low potency is because of higher than normal CBD, suppressing the THC a bit but also being anti-psychotic/relaxing. Just guessing here, I don't have a gas chromatograph. It also had the most resinous buds I've grown in my limited experience. As medicine, I'd always reccommend Sadhu over stronger, more popular strains like C99, which can make me anxious.

Also, no amount of meds can fix a fucked up life situation if that's what's getting you down.

Here's some Sadhu. The trichome heads are naturally big, about 33% more than my C99

Last edited:
A

alien12

Cannabis breeders seem to have bred strains for high THC content and not the anti anxiety CBD

Indicas have CBD up to 1.5% and Sativa has even less CBD.

Try some higher CBD to THC ratio weed like a pure indica.

O

OrganicOzarks

I went from being able smoke anything all of the time to being almost in the same boat as you. Now I pretty much stick to c99. I will throw in a little bit of svf OG Kush, but 90% of what I smoke is C99. When I was younger my anxiety got so bad that I had to be pulled out of school. I then went to psychiatrists and all they want to do is dope you up. Finally I got a handle on it for the last 13 years. However it did start to creep back a bit, and i noticed my tolerance go away almost completly. I could take two hits, and be stoned for a couple of hours. The first hour being very uncomfortable. Basically what I did was find a strain that seemed to work well, and before I went to bed I would smoke until I could not smoke anymore. A couple of joints will do it. The wife is a sleep, the kids are a sleep etc... Then if I feel like it I can watch some Colbert. If not, and I feel a little anxious then I would go to sleep. So after a couple of months of smoking heavy at night I was finally able to get back to enjoying smoking other times. I have to say that I am so glad to be back to smoking like I use to. If you get real anxious then just smoke right before you put your head on the pilow. You will tweek out a little bit, but then you will drift off to sleep. It helps out your tolerance quite a lot. Now I can't really wind down to go to sleep without smoking a couple of bowls, or a joint. I love it. :)

A

Aeronoob

the strains I am/was getting were not grown by me. Thanks for every ones input. Think Im going to check out sadhu. Ive been looking for a light smoke for a while, but good enough quality for a seed company to sell the seeds, for my anxiety.

Herborizer

Veteran
GDP, Hindu Kush/skunk, Purple Afghan, blue dream.

Though, what you really need is an Extream Vaporizer (made by Arizer) with the vaporizer you can essentially sip your weed like a fine wine. I tried a bunch and the Extreme is the best I have tried. I forget the bags and use the wip. It's like using a hooka but instead a vaporiźer. Start at a temp of 190F and work your way up to 215F. You will never go back to smoking.

Another option. Is a tincture like green dragon. I make it with more everclear. Then I used a bottle with an eye dropper in it, you can buy these at whole foods. Then you just put like 1/4 a dropper full in our mouth and wait an hour to judge the strength. Good luck.

M

mugenbao

I smoke Lavender daily with good results, though other strains like Guido have worked okay for me at times.

For me the absolutely most important thing is to have a consistent daily experience with my smoking. I've managed to discover just the right amount to smoke where my anxiety is dramatically lessened, without getting too high and tripped out. For me, if I smoke more than the right amount, it's counter-productive for anxiety, and getting too burnt can actually trigger an anxiety attack.

I used to smoke myself retarded on a daily basis, but now I'm smoking less, not so much to get baked anymore as to just have a better life. Frankly I'm quite happy that way :)

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You want Spice of Life Sweet Tooth #3, it's the exact answer. Being re-released soon! (before the end of the year most likely according to Kootenay)

Also look for some Sweet Tooth #4 seeds and crosses with Strawberry Cough and Carolina Blue on seedbay in the next month or two also from member Phillthy. :canabis:

Bob Jones

It sounds like the most important thing is to moderate your intake. I'm the same way, one good hit is all I need for several hours. Sounds like you're trying to smoke it out like the old days and getting too high, resulting in the anxiety. Try taking a hit, waiting 15 minutes before taking another if you need it.

igrowone

Veteran
as mentioned, a vaporizer can be a big help in reducing anxiety symptoms
someone else posted on another thread that just smoking can contribute to anxiety
the carbon monoxide and other crap reduce your oxygen levels and raise your heart rate, that in turn triggers a feeling of anxiety
probably not the whole reason, but it made a lot of sense to me

johnbobit

There is no magic answer to your question. First try the search function, search for Anxiety. You will see many threads all the same. Haze works for some Indica for others or a nice mix. Everyones brain chemistry is different, then theres also the fact that anxiety problems can be caused by many different reasons.

I have found for me.....Harvest time plays a major role almost as much as strain selection. I have bad physical and mental shit going on so i need a good hybrid. One of my new fav's is BlueDream, you can feel the blue make you happy then the hazeyness keeps you active enough to get shit done. Oldy but goody for me is nebula harvested late.

Goodluck keep searching, there is always something better out there.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I have noticed on this thread that lots of ppl think that sleepy strains are anti anxiety strains and that couldn't be further from the truth lol unless you actually want to go to sleep . But if sleep is part of your problem then you just might be bringing on more anxiety lol .. So #1 I would recommend finding out why your having this problem and stay away from sativas that might bring you up fast and cause your heart to race. Anything with THCV might have this effect which come from the African and Asian strains have these effects some ppl love this others hate it. I hope that helps peace out Headband707

THCV brings you up fast and strong but it seems to be a short stone.

Latest posts

Latest posts