What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

comments on our soil mixture

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
we have been using the following mixture- we are not 100pct happy with our results- averaging about 1 1/4 oz per plant under a total of 3000w of hps... the plants are kushes and various chem's grown in 3 gallon pots...

40% promix hp
10% worm castings
20% fox farm Salamander Soil
20% fox farm ocean forrest
balance 10% a bit of bone and blood meal,kelp meal...

all comments welcome

Floridian

Veteran
I flower under 3 1K vertizontals and at first my harvests where close to 2 oz per plant,that just not acceptable IMO.You can always improve your media it's always a work in progress and many times simplicity is key.If there is one thing that visibly changed my results and I was certain came from a change it was flowering in five instead of three gallon pots.Not paint containers but NSI 2000's instead of the 3 gallon NSI 1200's I flowered in for quite awhile.That plus R/O and co2 enrichment far more than doubled my bottom line the larger flowering containers being the single most important change IMO.With seedplants I'll sex in 2 gal containers NSI 600 and flower in the 2000's rather than the 1200's,what a killer difference in yields

Floridian

Veteran
O yea I forgot the initial question lol you'll never find two alike I think but I like 1/2 ocean forest and 1/2 roots organic with 1 teaspoon gal dolomite lime per gallon and some worm castings 1-0-0 veg and happy frog mix in flower.Roots organic has plenty of perlite so you are good and don't have to add any.You'll do much better letting your girls have larger homes during flower though in my opinion media and ferts will almost almost be a work in progress

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
That soil mix sounds like a good one, although the yields are not. I've been experimenting with the new soil mix from Foxfarms called Strawberry Fields. It's 30% coco and is a great mix. Maybe use that instead of the Salamander mix? I mix Strawberry Fields with other soils like Black Gold, Happy Frog, and Vermifire and get very good results. I use fabric containers and air pots no plastic nursery containers.

-Funk

St. Phatty

we have been using the following mixture- we are not 100pct happy with our results- averaging about 1 1/4 oz per plant under a total of 3000w of hps... the plants are kushes and various chem's grown in 3 gallon pots...

40% promix hp
10% worm castings
20% fox farm Salamander Soil
20% fox farm ocean forrest
balance 10% a bit of bone and blood meal,kelp meal...

all comments welcome

Foxfarm loves you.