What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600W HPS + LED PANELS + SOIL +TENT =

chronicnugs

Ok, here we go. I log my grows and this one spans about 5 months. Decided to take it public as Australian weed is turning to shit and maybe we can see the difference between some dank homegrown and shitty PGR from your dealers.
This is also for those interested in LED lights which I cant recommend enough. In late flowering they really shined -frostier and denser, fatter nugs were so noticeable I ordered a second Mars LED.

Space

4x4x7 GROW TENT. 2 Light fans on plants, 1x 6" out-take blower with carbon filter. 25 c Celsius max and 40-60% avrg humidity.

Lights used

600W HPS -mid tent- cooltubed
Mars II 400W LED X 1 [mid flower- is over the ww]
Area 51 XGS 190 [is over the NL mid flower-end]

Medium

Basic potting soil mixed with couple big cups of per-lite, somne vermiculite, 1-2 tsps dolomite lime per gallon.
Mix of 3 & 5 gal plastic and fabric pots.

Nutrients

Big fan of the Canna-Terra range. Used lightly using their feeding chart on their website, sometimes once a week, sometimes heavier. Used BioFlores last couple weeks flowering instead of molasses (my go to).

Log- Long story short these started outside and got infested badly by fungus gnats. The survivors moved into the tent where the light wattage was gradually increased and I controlled the pests with Neem oil which saved my crops really. When they were vegging fat and healthy and the space was filling horizontally.I was planning for a SOG with x14 fem seeds in small pots...
All seeds were from Vision, who always deliver me top genetics...yeah I sound like a salesman.. all femPests fucked most the plants- fungus gnats that took me ages to spot and spider mites.
I ended up vegging the few plants that survived pests for a few months then used all panels flowering.
  • 2x Blueberry Bliss (one barely made it) bb
  • x2 ea of Russian snow and ak49 (did not survive the gnats)
  • 4x Lowryder (original) lr
  • x2 Northern Lights (one survived) nl
  • x2 White widow (one survived) ww
Yield- 12 ounces total off 6. Lowryders typically yielded 2-3 OZ each. Not the most potent but very good smoke.
ww-1.5 oz, nl- 2oz -- very potent B+

THE following TEXT LOG FOR THE NERDS (sorry next log will be legit..) this is very detailed, hard to read, full of spelling and grammar mistakes but I TRIED HERE YA GO...

(day/month)

9/12- planted, 4x LR , BBx2, WW & nl - 8 TOTAL+ 2 week delay- russian snow and ak49- 10
12/12- nothing....watering more etc lowered temp. open tent- toooo hot early an dripping wet.
14th- sprouting!! yee all in hotbox door closed. green shows 35 sometimes during noon. very windy- must tie back of white tent better.
15/12- all 100% sprouted- lookin aight read a molasses thing- use "1-2 tablespoons of molasses per 5 liters of water"- bought heaps more plants an the new bed an shit.
24- small pots r winning. but all liking full sun and goin well
30- topped nl n ww..been rainy
31- both reacted fine...all healthy....bb stretching and slightly winning...lr consistent
all eggs are in one basket- "the front" patch. "brick" patch has 1 plant and 2 seedlings.
1/1- got mad top fertilizer mix...and dolomite lime reads 1 tblspoon per gallon pot.. both plants topping fine.
been wet/rainy...ordered bigger smart pots for ww/ ak/ nl/ rs
3/1- ordered fuckin tents n shit for x2 indoor rooms non-stop harvesting
4/1- going to plant rest for a SOG...ok now x14- lrx4, bbx2, wwx2, nlx2, rs x2, ak x2
6/1- spider mites eating up a leaf off x2 lr's. put some top fert on nl
7/1****- still mites taking bites off random leafs, mainly the lowryder.
gave first official feeding at 3 tsp+molases. all are starting flowering
sprayed all with eco pesticide heavy
9/1- some webs did another eco-spray
10/1- FED... ithink its defic as its affecting biggest plant.
also the autos are in late pre-flower
and the soil is always wet learn to water, feed, DRY rotation
ok veg tent is set and full with only 2x LR outside
11/1- dont water ****.
*moved inside to small grow tent. simple fan outtake at top. [USING SIMPLY ONE Area 51 XGS 190]*
ok they are taking off x10 rate...
need to lst as heaps of lower nodes
12/1- lst all...gotta figure out wtf wrong with autos i think they are hungry... (---was fungus gnats)
still drying out...ordered flower tent
laced tops with cornflour
smell is increasing
13/1- feed (didnt)
16- back....3gals still wet?...fed they look bad man
like some are perfect blueberry looks wierd/ infected
23/1- done some mad work infestation is down abit..... 1xlr outside/ 1x infested bb..fed all recent
all lst recent but veg...bb is clear winner
25/1- outdoor flower has mites+flies(sprayed pry). lst done on the big LR it likes it
indoor ww/nl watered...high ph runoff 7-7.5
still damp soil on autos
27-1- indoor- watered feel like its been ages since auto watering(like3-4 days pussy), will on light on--- really have killed alot of flies using the dry+yellow stickies.
btw outdoor is now just 1 fkin gimp BB auto that im getting inscects off of. its drying out and wont be mentioned as other than infestation and yields.

29/1- ****many flowering now. the bb is in weight gain. fed the ww,nl & late LR with vega.
31/1- got neem oil and applied all. then fed x4 flowering- 10tsp flores and 3tsp pk. took out drain trays its easier
2/2- flowering.... the bb looks to be week 3.5....have to water the big pots with neem mix....outdoor bb is also mid flower and bug free i think
3/2- watered all with some seasol and neem oil minus the bb
4/2- change around...felt was using too much space to veg more. ww and nl are now outside. all seedlings xplanted and had root rot. raised light a tad trying to figure out wilt
bb fattening molasses dose em next feed
also slayed insects finally yeeee neem oil ftw
8/2- fed outside. molasses watering inside. low ryders finally forming buds
i think lr's didnt like the early pk 13
9/2- outdoor x1 can be harvested in 2 weeks
10/2- lots of watering indoor...pruned big lr a little...big lr showing hairs day 1 flower?
11/2- perfect humidity and temps- 55% at 20c...bb ripening
12/2- ***lol big tent now! no smell omg..
will install hps on a free day--
13/2- ****installed hps- now at 790w (XGS-190 led +600w hps)
fed all flores...bought in outdoor bb
14/2- 25c
16/2- **installed venting to cooltube...shit stannnk hard with filter off
begin to flush the x2 blueberry with molasses
harvested the lil fucker bb...leave the big bb another 2-3 weeks atleast
**switched to 24/7 after reading much better results with.

18/2- fed the LR's. BB still slight damp...molasses only remember
**according to logs pretty sure its week 7 flower BB. cut main nugs late week 8 atleast
19/2- molassesed BB kinda flushed
20/2- raised hps abit, close heads r hell yellow
only like 5% amber using scope now
*ughh got abit excited and cut 1/3 of BB...the plant is yellowing and lost most leafs but still some pistils and clear trichs

21/2- pk13+flores+mol on x2 LR's (big one stil damp and bit behind for pk)
22/2- lr's fattened noticably after pk
the bb is either dying from no nutes or ripeness lol
harvested it
23/2- okkkkkkkk....
BB led was fkin way too close- lightburn ended the plant. 1 lr is badly damaged too
put the led up and hps
also the outtake felt weak af i think vent was blocked

blueberry bliss smoke- very indica lying in bed 24/7. potent high
shit yield

patience makes dankness
(i will rape you if you cut LR early)

25/2- cbf doing journal anymore lol
will put basics

28th/2- sudden leaf yellowing x1 LR.
other LR is near flush point
all plants need just water next go
5/3- stopping feed on the closer LR
changed the light back to 20/4 for darknesss

3/9 trying to figure out when autos started flowering u didnt list it well retardo
guessing the 29th/1 was flower day 1'ish soooo
the two LR's are mid week 6 right now (sunday is birthday)
.. so gj not cutting them lol...the trichs are alll milky on one

3/11- hottest weather of year, leaving 2xoutdoor plants for another week atleast (althought spiders wont fuck off)
MUST steralize plants of bugs before bringing them in tent (neem)
very very fat badass nugs forming on late lrs
the seedlings r getting light raped

only like 1% amber on the close LR...19/3 re-assess
_____________________________________________________________________________________
3/15- stop feeding the seedlings molassess ya retard
very sure ive been nute raping them
i gave the outdoor plants npk...they are overnuted af rapid decline
_________________________________________________________________________________________
3/16- cut and hang drying one LR shes stankk
flushed seedlings and x2 outdoor

**WEEK 3 TODAY** moved outdoors inside... the plants are lower then the autos lol
**lr STILL on week 7*** not 100% about other

__________________________________________________________________________________________
3/18- totally cut the other lr lol on day 1 week 8
put some gimp seedlings outside-

________3 plants total left____________________
3/21- lr smoke is chron... fed NL and LR
week 5 flower [INSTALLED A MARS II 400W]
29/03-- LEDDDDDDDDDDD
&&&&&^^^^^%%%%%%%%%********************************

4-2 NL is always the back plant. its covered by the Area 51 (powerful white/yellow light). The White widow is front plant with mars II above (purple light). Lowryder that vegged out like a G is on right and in retrospect I well fucked the PH, nute intake and pest control of plant

week 6 flower
06/4- ph's waaaay out of range u knob- 7.5.......flushed all downie fuck pretty bad...obvious nute lockout
nl looks well fked, ww looks good
09-04- looking better...LR got mites on main bud- cut infested buds, put fans on it and put back in tent.
***update- found more webs on LR quickly removed and harvested & hung dry facing the way it grew**

check ph's next watering- water is at 5.5-6 ph
ww&nl left.- flushed all with 5.5- WW and NL still out 7.5 but not as bad. put some calmax in. LR seemed to be at 6.5
fed later on....probly wasnt necessary

11/04- found the caterpiller on ww- was white in same bite spots
13/04- spider mites spread on lr- cut it bit early
15/04- did lights off 24 hours- mad glisten
16/04- ww is 20% clear, 70% cloud, 10% amber. WITH MITES NOW one cola had webs
17/04- i CUT THE WW!!!!!!!
22/04- NL looking proper now= mad swelling+bulking
4/20= week 8 -ww cut (sorry no pics, veryyyy crsytally)
curing jar-

27= nl cut around week 9

30/04- curing!!! (smells amazing and so familiar)

Yield- 12 ounces total off 6 (surviving?) plants. Lowryders typically yielded 2-3 OZ each. Not the most potent but very good smoke.
ww-1.5 oz, nl- 2oz -- very potent B+ grade

Smoke report-
Was very surprised by the northern lights it had a very unique and sought for taste and high/potency among friends. Hard to describe but damn tasty.
White widow was slightly more potent but had a neutral earthy and fruity taste which didn't stand out.
It was very potent for homegrown though and some of the stickiest buds I've come across. It also grew with vigor its whole cycle and took on the mites like a champ to those in Aus who suffer from the gnats and mites.
Lowryder was kinda unstable- like it didn't hermie but kept growing seeds at like week 5 of flowering in some pistils.
This left me with a shitload of very good looking seeds, but I don't exactly want to go the genetics again.
THAT ASIDE it grows like it's on steroids. It loves LST and my final lowryder (in the bowl) yielded 3 ounces of cola's.
Thing is its hit and miss I feel- some plants grew dense- others fluffier. The taste was distinct, but very 'generic & weedy'. One plant did have a "candy" jar smell. The high is also surprisingly strong, a very good indica stone. In comparison to the non-auto's though it was noticeably weaker.
It is reliable in the sense of vegging big but the rest is a bit of a dice game, or maybe just tricky to perfect.

Reflection- first grow with HPS and high wattage's, and using a pro tent - great learning experience and little hobby with some dank rewards. never going back to CFL's haha

chronicnugs

YbCTY

lel

chronicnugs

the final lowryder was a right shit harvest and flowered far too long.
This plant flowered in 7-8 weeks, 3 gal pot, 3 ounce dry mainly colas[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]