What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First legit grow 6 Strains

Tentme

Looking good. Are you flowering in that tent or will you have a chance to veg some longer in a separate tent?

So many strains in the same space. I'm excited to watch the rest of this.

How much total height do you think you have to work with? Some of those are going to out stretch the group.

Looking good. Are you flowering in that tent or will you have a chance to veg some longer in a separate tent?

So many strains in the same space. I'm excited to watch the rest of this.

How much total height do you think you have to work with? Some of those are going to out stretch the group.

Flowering in this tent. Yes i realize some will stretch more than others. Thats why i lst and i lst the sativa even lower. I have 7 or 8 ft to work with. I am hoping for a half pound

Day 32.

WATERING DAY. Ended up watering all the plants. They are without a doubt getting very bushy. Now they are really starting to grow toward the light. I didnt take pictures today but i will have some tomorrow.

Day 33.

I ended up transplanting the 5 clones into 5 gal pots. They were already root bound in the 3 gal. But the reason i did this is i know all these are good genetics. The seedlings are good genetics too but could be male or female. So those will stay in 3 gal pots.

Tent is already pretty crowded and they havent even fully bushed. But wish me luck.

Heres the pics

I think the plant's are taking well to the transplant. Expecially the small white widow.

3snowboards

I think your containers are too big, too soon.
Rootbound? Any pictures of root balls?
Maybe watering too much.
Where is the vertical growth.
You aren't exposing any tops, why are you spreading out the canopy.
The general rule is that when the canopy is filled( leaves touching each other) it's time to flower. I don't think you are ready

I think your containers are too big, too soon.
Rootbound? Any pictures of root balls?
Maybe watering too much.
Where is the vertical growth.
You aren't exposing any tops, why are you spreading out the canopy.
The general rule is that when the canopy is filled( leaves touching each other) it's time to flower. I don't think you are ready

No pics of the transplant but there was tons of roots at the bottom. I am lst, read up on it. Not gonna get alot of vertical growth. What do you mean by exposing tops and spreading out canopy? Theres definitely tops on all the plants. Im gonna veg a few more weeks anyways.

Day 34.

Plants seemed to have taken that transplant fine. Growing new tops and getting bushier everyday. Since i have lst they haven't grown taller just bigger. Gonna let these dry you good . Clones id assume you veg a few months anyways

Day 35

Nothing much to report. They are looking good after transplant on monday. Leaves are standing up. I also moved my fan up so it doesnt blow on the fan leaves as much. Definitely think i should have gone 1 gal, 3 then 5. Spending alot of time on veg. But want to make sure i get a good yield. First time so im learning alot.

Anyways here are the pics.

Day 36.

Wow the plants are getting really bushy. I know i wont get alot from the white widow i just got. But id say personally at the rate they are growing no more than 3 more weeks veg. I did take pictures but photobucket is being messed up. Ill start taking pictures every 3rd or 4th day.

Day 38.

I took all the seed plants out and put them into 12/12 to sex them. If only 1 or 2 females ill switch back to veg and go another month or so.

So right now i have 5 clones and 1 seedling in the tent. They got some yellow from the nutes watering i did wed but thats to be expected with that strength.

Here are the pictures of the tent for now.

Day 39.

Watering day. Just straight water. Put 2 seedlimgs in ground outside. Waiting on others to show their sex. The gorilla glue and sky walker og is bushy as hell

Day 40.

The plants have some slight yellow to them but they are blowing up. Since i lst them they are growing around the container but i need to lst more. Think im gonna go another 20 days. That will be 2 months veg. I know i wont get alot out of the white widow but i got it late.

Here are the pics in 12/12 2 20w flourescant

Here is a pic of the others

Day 42.

The clones are doing great. I have topped each one a few times hoping to get a good amount of colas per plant. Next feeding will be 2/3 strength. I think they will handle it just fine. Tent temp has been around 80 with 60% humidity. Not too bad at all.

Day 4 for The 12/12 sexing plants
have not shown any signs yet. But slightly stretched.

Heres the pics

mushroombrew

Veteran
Just looked through your thread. Your plants are looking so much better now! Nice. I don't really understand flipping the plants to sex them. Usually there will be some tiny preflowers already. And I mean tiny. I sexed my last seedlings a 25 days with preflowers.
Flipping and reverting seedlings may cause some hemaphrodites later. You are basically light stressing seedlings.
I would advise switching back to veg. They will show preflowers.
I'll go snap a couple pics and show you ok?

mushroombrew

Veteran
Ok went and found the tiniest preflowers I got.

MALE:- Little light colored ball. If you take a needle and gently poke at it ; it will separate into fingers like a banana peel.

FEMALE:- Little spike. Darker green. Hairs may not necessarily be present. If you gently poke it with a needle it remains stiff and does not break apart easily.

I like to use the needle method. Because some male flowers can be spiky and look somewhat female. But male flowers break apart easily female flowers are more stout.

OK go on the hunt and let me know what you find.

Just looked through your thread. Your plants are looking so much better now! Nice. I don't really understand flipping the plants to sex them. Usually there will be some tiny preflowers already. And I mean tiny. I sexed my last seedlings a 25 days with preflowers.
Flipping and reverting seedlings may cause some hemaphrodites later. You are basically light stressing seedlings.
I would advise switching back to veg. They will show preflowers.
I'll go snap a couple pics and show you ok?

Thank you for the info. They havent sexed yet even being at 12/12. Hard for me to tell.

FED FULL NUTES YESTERDAY!

Day 44.

Yesterday i fed nutes full strength. Today they seem to be looking good. I also took clones today of the gorilla glue and the skywalker og. Ill end up doing more clones later.

So far im happy with the progress. Gonna veg to day 60 then flip. Unless after cloning they need to grow alot more.

Todays photo

Day 46. Day 2 of clones.

So i took clones of Hawaiian punch, skywalker og, gg4, queen of hearts, and white widow. Hoping they all will survive but we will see. Took about 10 total for the next round. Have them under the 600w but behind leaves so it doesn't get crazy hot.

I have topped the plants over and over to get a good amount of colas. Then when cloning i actually took alot of the upper tops instead of the bottom. So from now until day 60 i am not gonna top them at all. Just gonna let them grow. Pretty excited to be honest. Lets see how they go!