What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First legit grow 6 Strains

Started this on roll it up. Will update from now on here also.

http://www.rollitup.org/t/first-legit-grow-6-strains.942192/

Here was yesterday at day 14.

Light was about 12-15 inches away but i just moved it to roughly 20". They are growing tight nodes.

Let me know what you guys think so far.

4 are clones. The rest are from seedlings.

Nutes are foxfarm trio
Soil is ocean forest, happy frog, perlite.

Not sure if i need calmag. I have well water. Its ph is 7.4 and ppm is 150. So i use ph down to get it to 6.5

Floridian

Veteran
Easy to tell which ones the cuts are,I'd go easy on nutes if you are using them at all,the cuts look a skosh yeller.Looks good though man in a couple weeks you won't recognize them.One day I want to say,"this is my first legitimate grow lol"They say miracles happen!

Easy to tell which ones the cuts are,I'd go easy on nutes if you are using them at all,the cuts look a skosh yeller.Looks good though man in a couple weeks you won't recognize them.One day I want to say,"this is my first legitimate grow lol"They say miracles happen!

Hell yea glad you chimed in. Any help is always appreciated. No nutes at all for first 1 weeks then ill probably start at 1/8 strength 1st 2x using it then ill go to 1/4 strength.

I topped pretty early. Maybe around day 10 or 9. There was already a 2nd node and a top lol. But hope i didnt mess them up too bad.

Day 15.

So i thought i had the lights at 20" away. But it was more like 13". So today i raised it up to 19. They are building tight so maybe they will stretch slightly then i can lower it again.

was testing temps with the monitor clipped to the side of my tent was reading 75. Put the monitor on the soil 80. So should i just start using my cabin and exhaust fan now? I only turn it on for 1 minute maybe ever 4 hours on my day off. Other days it has stayed 75 but that was in the corner hooked on my pole.

Temps were 75 but i realized i had my monitor clipped to the vent pole at the bottom. Should the monitor be on the soil of 1 of the plants even if its under the light i have 1 good fan and a heater that is being used as a fan. With putting the monitor on soil it was around 80-81 which is too hot and is probably the reason my soil is almost dry today from yesterday's watering and transplant of the queen of hearts and the 3 clones.

Not sure if i have a mag deficiency i tried to take some pictures. The clones are fems. But heres some pictures for today. Let me know what i might need if its calmag ill get it. Main stem is green but the nodes are purple. See pics below

Northern lights X G13

This one is code black og

Heres the clone

All the clones and 1 of the small seedlings were planted yesterday.

Floridian

Veteran
In the first two pics the plants look healthy,the other pics show defeciencies I believe.I would hit them with some N for sure.What is your water source?If it's R/O I would definitely get some cal-mag.It wouldn't be a bad idea to hit them with some Epsom salts along with a nitrogen feeding.How often are you needing to water them?

In the first two pics the plants look healthy,the other pics show defeciencies I believe.I would hit them with some N for sure.What is your water source?If it's R/O I would definitely get some cal-mag.It wouldn't be a bad idea to hit them with some Epsom salts along with a nitrogen feeding.How often are you needing to water them?

The First 2 pics are the seedlings, they have purple nodes but the stem is green?

The clones were in coco so they were being fed 450 ppm nutes every other day. Now they are in OF/HF soil. I have to water every 2-3 days.

My water is well water. Not sure if thats considered R/O water. I correct ph then feed. But when i use nutes its phed correct already. Just hot some cal mag. Gonna start with 1 ml per gal.

Since i just put the clones in soil 2 days ago i dont believe ill have to feed them for a few weeks?

Day 16.

So today i watered the clones with 1.5ml calmag per gallon of water. They were dry and showing some purple nodes, stems. Hopefully in a day or 2 it will notice a difference.

All the other plants are doing really well. Especially since raising the light. They are growing like crazy. Feel like this is the height i should have had them at from the beginning. They are stretching toward the light and everything is getting bigger.

Looks like my next water day for the other 4 that are 16 days old is gonna be sunday by the looks of the soil. I was told OF/HF is good for 2 weeks then to add nutes IS THIS CORRECT?

well here are the pictures. Not bad for 16 days the leaf is almost as big as the 3 gal pot. Just needs to get taller.

Floridian

Veteran
Different strains are going to have different nutritional needs but I think it's safe to say the yellowish plants are nitrogen deficient and could use a feeding next time around.The seedlings look fine to me.The newer growth will always appear lighter in color than the established leaves but when the older leaves start to turn lighter/yellowish in veg that's normally a sign of nitrogen deficiency especially when you haven't been feeding them

Different strains are going to have different nutritional needs but I think it's safe to say the yellowish plants are nitrogen deficient and could use a feeding next time around.The seedlings look fine to me.The newer growth will always appear lighter in color than the established leaves but when the older leaves start to turn lighter/yellowish in veg that's normally a sign of nitrogen deficiency especially when you haven't been feeding them

I just transplanted them a few days ago into soil instead of coco that they came in. I know the soil has nutes in it. I think ill wait a week before adding any. Or should I now?

Slabs

looking good man just remember to keep it simple sometimes too much love is worse than neglect. ill be watching from the sidelines hope everything continues to go well!:tiphat:

Floridian

Veteran
Coco I really shouldn't even try to suggest a decision either way on your plant,you are there and know better than I experience or not.I will add though on the yellowing ones I really don't believe 1/4 strength nitrogen fert would hurt any but what if I was wrong?I would feel pretty bad about it.Maybe since you just transplanted you should stay on the safe side and go with straight water the first time.If after a few day the yellowing doesn't change or even increases slightly then you will know what to do.

Day 17.
Need help

So im not too sure if i compacted the soil too much when i transplanted. If i pour water around the whole bucket the same level it will take maybe 45 seconds to a minute to go fully down.

I transplanted 3 today into final pots, bubster X Swiss gold, mosca fire fly, and another nothern lights. Didnt pack soil hard and when i watered i used 1/3 less anount of water to see it drain. IS THIS BECAUSE I DIDNT PACK THE SOIL TIGHT? IF SO SHOULD I PULL THE OTHERS OUT AND REDO THE REPOTTING WITHOUT PACKING IT DOWN AS MUCH?

Other than that i watered everything except the clones. Imo the clones are already doing better. Might take a week to see a huge difference. They are getting their nutes from the happy frog and ocean forest with me watering typically 2x per week.

I also raised the light again to allow some stretch. I want to flip in another 15-25 days

URL=https://s32.photobucket.com/user/cocoleveo7686/media/20170617_201518.jpg.html]
20170617_201518.jpg
[/URL]

GG#4 clone seems like the soil is helping. Plants are standing up. They were down before.

Skywalker og

This is the Hawaiian punch. I dont know what's going on with this one. I think its sativa dorm. But hasnt grown much. Maybe now since its in soil it will do better.
[/URL

Day 18.

Plants are all looking great. The clones are starting to get more green on all of them. I know i should have fed them more when it was in coco. Next watering if they still look yellow some im gonna start with nutes at 450 ppm. I am also gonna start feeding the other plants that are 18 days old some fert at next watering. They say OF/HF is good up to 3 weeks so ill start them either 275ppm or 450. 450 is 1/4 strength but will go light first time.

The other seedlings are looking great they already have a 2nd node on them. I will end up topping them also whenever they need to be.

Other than that nothing else to report. Gonna look up kelp tea recipe so i can do that every 2 or 3 weeks