What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Outdoor

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I'm planning on shutting down the bloom tent in the next two weeks and putting all veg plants outside. They're all in hydro / coco now. Any wisdom on the move?
I just did what you are talking about. I was in coco and just uppotted to soil and it never skipped a beat. Just remember that soil doesn't get watered as often as coco.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Beautiful starts Star! They look a hell of alot better than mine.
The Ancient Og's are looking good though, now that they came inside for the next 2 weeks.
Nice, vigorous starts so far.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Hey, what are you guys doing for mulch/ground cover to help keep soil from drying and cut down on the weeding?
Thanks for any and all responses:)

~star~crash~

The copper tip is a great one! They also make a copper tape that is a great option.

was thinking about copper today while out in town shopping...thinking about how/what form to buy it and how to use it...beer works i tried it last night,but i need deeper dish's to hold them in? i also sprinkled a bit of sluggo type stuff right in the base of the plastic bins and i saw much less damage/evidence of activity

now i'm thinking about going to one of my main sites 2 start diggin holes...the soils rich and i'll be adding plenty of perlite per hole...perlite is EASY:dance013: to carry a whole bale deep inside a landlocked secluded lot...some slow release nutes when they go in the ground...wire cages

Akss

was thinking about copper today while out in town shopping...thinking about how/what form to buy it and how to use it...beer works i tried it last night,but i need deeper dish's to hold them in? i also sprinkled a bit of sluggo type stuff right in the base of the plastic bins and i saw much less damage/evidence of activity

now i'm thinking about going to one of my main sites 2 start diggin holes...the soils rich and i'll be adding plenty of perlite per hole...perlite is EASY:dance013: to carry a whole bale deep inside a landlocked secluded lot...some slow release nutes when they go in the ground...wire cages
Solo cup... i used to dig hole for it and bury it in ground or partially in ground fill with "cheap" beer probably an inch below top.
Dont wanna knock that thing over with your foot makes for very stinky shoe.

~star~crash~

marb...almost time to start planting...i'll be planting patches sequentially every week..i want medium sized plants that are manageable

~star~crash~

Getting some sunshine today

Getting some sunshine today

picture.php

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I grew lots of weed in Mass before it was accepted..last was in foxboro...spent summers there early 2000s....born there...yeehaw

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Any one started outdoors yet?
I have my plants outside right now and have been putting them out every day for the last week. Gonna try and leave them out overnight tonight and see how they do. Trying to plant everything in the garden this weekend. Good luck out there and hoping for a heavy harvest.

~star~crash~

They are seed starts. I will have a mom in about a month when I take some cuttings. :biggrin:

Any one started outdoors yet?

I grew lots of weed in Mass before it was accepted..last was in foxboro...spent summers there early 2000s....born there...yeehaw

I have my plants outside right now and have been putting them out every day for the last week. Gonna try and leave them out overnight tonight and see how they do. Trying to plant everything in the garden this weekend. Good luck out there and hoping for a heavy harvest.

protection for young plants in the bush...

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
i'm in no hurry to get anything in the ground...it's a veritable plague of snails ATM

It's probably been suggested but have you tried dusting the plants and surrounding area with Diatomaceous Earth? I'd imagine between that and regular IPM sprays in rotation they would clear out quick :2cents:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
i'm in no hurry to get anything in the ground...it's a veritable plague of snails ATM
Just finishing digging my holes and haven't seen one yet? Tons of worms but that's pretty much it. My soil is surprisingly nice and aerated seems to be a nice stone base about 2 1/2 feet down. Garden was here when I moved here so previous homeowner did a great job.

~star~crash~

It's probably been suggested but have you tried dusting the plants and surrounding area with Diatomaceous Earth? I'd imagine between that and regular IPM sprays in rotation they would clear out quick :2cents:

not yet ...everything is in cups...when these actually get to the sites & in the ground then IPM will begin as much as i can accomplish...i'm going to hold them in cups as long as possible...if it's already this hostile in my veg garden,just imagine the conditions in the real wild where i'll be planting??..gonna be bio-war out there...lol