What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Perpetual with one chamber, keep em going

S

sillyhead123

Is there anyway to do a perpetual harvest within one grow chamber? Can I keep flowering then revegging a plant? What happens if I re veg it, take a clone and repeat it with this? That sounds do able, since the plant would revert itself back to veg. I could then snag a new clone, and it will be like a new plant?

So flower--> reveg. Do this the maximum amount as possible, on the last go around take a clone from it when in veg. Then rinse and repeat.

I'm aware that revegging can take a extra 2-3weeks.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Works in theory, but if the reveg fails you'll have to pop some seeds.

If your cabinet is big enough, plan to split it to make a small veg
box within.

Your veg to flower cycles will be quicker, but if you have time the
reveg method could work.

Dr. Bud said he would reveg a max of three times before it
failed.

S

sillyhead123

Thank you.

My main question I guess, is once it re veg's and I can a clone from that, can I continue to keep going and every 3rd harvest ditch the plant. Will the clone be a "new" plant since it was taken from the re vegged plant.. lol .

Confusing and I don't see why it couldn't work since your getting a clone from a vegged plant.

I enjoy only growing 1 simple plant, since I need 4 oz a year.. lol. Another option I was told to do is grow a feminized seed, then clone it after 2 weeks. Once the clone starts showing growth make it hermie, and switch to my flowering schedule.

At this point I can pull it out quickly before the male parts open up, and just harvest pollen myself. Keep this somewhere air tight and use a simple brush to just pollinate the bottom bud on my next grow to make endless seeds

Stan G.

You may experience a genetic drift when you take clones off of a rejuvenated plant. You are better off using another small area with t5s or cfls for veg.

Sorceror

I always thought genetic drift occurs through the progeny, not the plant itself.

I found reveging to take too long and ended up getting tired of looking at a few not doing anything for several weeks.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
When I find a good clone I grow it for several harvests, one lasted four years before finding better. I tried revegging and was disappointed with the results. I will clarify that I grow commercially and a four ounce plant is breaking even.
A second reveg is even worse than the first, autopsy shows humongous amounts of dead roots. I suspect they die during the reveg stage due to lack of flow.
These are large plants yielding 6 to 8 ounces with extensive root systems.

What did work well was fresh clones from the reveg. Fine and dandy every one.

Now days, if one of the store bought seeds is a great one, a few branches are left leafy during trim. After reveg clone are taken from the more vigorous branches. The remaining plant is tossed as soon as the clones show roots.
Trying to bud a reveg takes up room that can be used twice as efficiently growing a fresh plant with the growing methods I use.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Everyone needs 2 chambers unless they grow seed to harvest then restart. Dedicating a flowering area to vegging is so inefficient though, that only outdoor growers ever do it.

Latest posts

Latest posts