What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best vape to minimize waste?

b8man

Veteran
I own the Volcano, Plenty and have just got the Sticky Brick.

Volcano is most efficient and actually works better with a very thin scattering of weed. The issue is that continually breathing in bags of hot air can dry your throat and irritate the lungs + it ultimately takes a while to get truly high. I used to vape in the day, smoke at night.

The sticky brick is slightly less efficient but hits a lot harder and faster with a high closer to that of smoking. Still uses very little weed but gets you completely stupid with very little effort.

Personally I couldn't switch fully to vaping until I found the Sticky Brick. Volcano and Plenty just got me part of the way there. The high was just less intense.

Old Toker

i just fill mine up so i guarantee the bags are full to bursting ,,1 full bowl usually gives 7-8 very cloudy bags depending on strain and temp:tiphat:
Obviously I have a LOT to learn about vaping. Usually 3-4 "hits" off a joint will get me where I want to be. What is the equivalent when hitting a bag....the same? If so....what do you do with the remainder of the bag? What about the rest of what's in the bowl (6-7 very cloudy bags)....do you just leave it in there after you've heated it?
Sorry for the newbie questions ....just trying to understand the process so I can find a vape that will work for my style. Thanks again everyone for the help/opinions!:tiphat:

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Obviously I have a LOT to learn about vaping. Usually 3-4 "hits" off a joint will get me where I want to be. What is the equivalent when hitting a bag....the same? If so....what do you do with the remainder of the bag? What about the rest of what's in the bowl (6-7 very cloudy bags)....do you just leave it in there after you've heated it?
Sorry for the newbie questions ....just trying to understand the process so I can find a vape that will work for my style. Thanks again everyone for the help/opinions!:tiphat:

1 bag should suffice ,,you could just fill the bowl trial and error till you find what suits ,,
even if it you leave the bag filled over night it is still palatable so my friend said

if its your first vape ,,i would consider the boundless cfx portable,https://youtu.be/8LzFQ7JGseY,its a copy of the mighty with some slight improvements and cheaper ,,smaller bowl so less waste guaranteed ,,this way you learn on a portable and when the time is right you can step up to a home unit and you will have both :tiphat:

keep asking the questions ,,we all started somewhere

MrBungle

i put a drop of water on my herb in the volcano.. it makes a world of difference let me tell ya!

Max Headroom

Veteran
even if it you leave the bag filled over night it is still palatable so my friend said

if you leave a filled bag lying around, the vapor condenses on the inside of the bag and after about 1 hr most of it is pretty much gone in my experience.

midsummer

I own a Volcano- too much for a single session for myself. I also tend to use a lot more herb with this one. That is probably mismanagement on my part. It its the best if you have friends around.

Pax1- owned for 6 months.It was a nice portable. It did the job well with little herb. It malfunctioned and was discarded. I do not like the idea of returning merchandise that could be used to incriminate me. Pax line also does not have replaceable batteries; the battery goes bad then so does the unit.

Magic flight launch box- inexpensive, requires some experience. I was constantly dealing with recharging the battery.

Ariser solo- small herb usage. Not good for more than one person; but excels at one user at a time. Extremely well made. Best buy. Buy from manufacturer. Battery is replaceable.

Ariser Air- smaller version of the solo. A++. Buy from manufacturer or authorized retailer. There are a lot of inferior counterfeits being sold. Battery is replaceable. Small amount of herb used- close to 10 minute session.

Mtoutdoor

Vale exhale evoo is sweet. I have one. Works great. Save your caped stuff and put it in butter, zero waste :). Or capsulate it and swallow it direct.

BrainSellz

Veteran
The Mighty is like a portable Volcano (better in my opinion as it's portable). There is no learning curve on the Mighty vape. Right out of the box it will hammer you. Pack and puff at around 357 degrees. Bump up the degrees a little for massive clouds, still tasty. Tasty hit after tasty hit with no popcorn flavor. Also, slap some concentrates on the screen pad that comes with it, set it on 405-410 degrees and get real lifted.

All in all, at the end of the day-do you want something built in China or built in Germany. I've always found German made things are worthy.

Old Toker

surely it will be crap butter after vaping all the goodness out ?
My guess is all the goodness is not out. I would think it is already decarbed...so it's just a matter of how much you use per pound of butter to determine the potency of the butter. But as usual.....I could be wrong.:tiphat:

Old Toker

Just thought I'd post the outcome to my search. Decided to go with a Solo II. I'm able to use small amounts of bud and also sit outside and vape. Portability and stealth are not a consideration....so this will work for me.

Thanks again to everyone that contributed. Clearly there are some really good vapes currently available and this decision was difficult.:tiphat:

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Just thought I'd post the outcome to my search. Decided to go with a Solo II. I'm able to use small amounts of bud and also sit outside and vape. Portability and stealth are not a consideration....so this will work for me.

Thanks again to everyone that contributed. Clearly there are some really good vapes currently available and this decision was difficult.:tiphat:

how you getting on with it ?

Old Toker

how you getting on with it ?
Hasn't arrived yet. I have an UPS tracking number but it's coming from Canada. Should be here this week. I'd post a follow-up review but you'd be getting an opinion from someone who has never used any vape.....so I don't know how valuable my opinion/observations will be. :tiphat:

Egzoset

Salutations Old Toker,

...help me choose a vape to conserve my supply of medicine. My needs are minimal...

Oh, then if "conservation" is a priority i'd have to point out that "Baking" is your enemy. Because what you really want in a vaporizer is the aroma/taste hints from a plant's trichomes 1st, then maybe a bit of vegetal substrate "sampling" might add value as an educational experience, euh... But in any case, i'm sure we'll agree that baking of the vegetal substrate is NOT an option for one who wants to conserve, because whatever gets baked this can be considered as a sign that yo're possibly wasting te cannabic load between inhalations, precisely. And hence, i now consider vaporizer can be categorized according to their common conceptual features, for example i've read that you've chosen the Arizer Solo, which means i'm too late anyway. Consequently i can only congratulate you for this determining decision, at old ages it's not too obvious how to manage with the many potential subtilities which may arise along the path...

Using the Solo you'll have the option not to leave your noble molecules baking unnecessarily, though it's on batteries anyway... M'well, it could have been a lesser selection for sure. Now lets see if it lives up to your own personal expectations (and physiological needs)!...

Actually i recall how Arizer's glassware felt nice and convenient though my driver was an HerbalAire at the time:

My former super-Solo, so to speak!!

N.B.: Plan for lots of water in your ritual!!

...alone and only at home. So a desktop with the ability to vape smaller amounts would probably be best... ... Been smoking joints/pipes for over half a century... ... I know that not everyone likes vapes...

Sometimes it's the vaporizer that seems not to like us. Call me "Sip 'n Toke"... Guess why!...

:badday:

There are machines that belong to a group i've identified as the Dry-Baking Vaporizers, i'm expecting you'll figure it out after a while.

Evidently the vape market has matured since last I looked at them.

M'well, there's progress if you feel eternal. YMMV, i suppose it all depends on one's own perspective.

Found and read a ton of vape reviews/opinions... ... Beginning to think selecting a vape is like finding a wife...

Believe me it's even much worse than you've imagined so far!

:hide:

Usually 3-4 "hits" off a joint will get me where I want to be. ... ...just trying to understand the process so I can find a vape that will work for my style.

Quite frankly i wish we had got a chance to dialog before. Good luck with your selection, everyone doesn't react the same even for an elder...

Decided to go with a Solo II. ... ...this decision was difficult.

My hope is that you found what does the job. Maybe dry and resinous will do best!

:2cents:

...I don't know how valuable my opinion/observations will be.

Usuakky i find the "outsider" element often brings a refreshing perspective, on the contrary. After a while we start conforming to expectations more than we should possibly. Having no background makes one more sensible to all aspects of the new experience.

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Old Toker

.. at old ages it's not too obvious how to manage with the many potential subtilities which may arise along the path..
even for an elder...
Easy on the elderly/old references. :moon:You're only as old as you feel....and I'm still feeling like I'm in my 20s. :)
Quite frankly i wish we had got a chance to dialog before. Good luck with your selection, everyone doesn't react the same...
It's not too late. I'd love to hear your opinions and advice. There are other people who will read this thread, and no guarantee that I'll be happy with the Solo II. More information and dialog would be (IMHO) helpful.:tiphat:

Egzoset

Hi again Old Toker,

...still feeling like I'm in my 20s.

Oh, in that case the Arizer Solo II should prove adequate. Yet i'd wish to show you what lights up my imagination as a christmass tree these days:

Lets just say i waited some long time to see something similar.

...no guarantee that I'll be happy with the Solo II.

It's not really about the Solo II or even Arizer as a manufacturer, so if you're feeling 20 that shouldn't be much of a concern.

More information and dialog would be (IMHO) helpful.

It's difficult to explain as i'm emerging myself from my own evolution and i've got rather poor teacher talents, but i'll try to be brief.

I'm an ex-smoker too and i wasn't more pleased with ballons than with a whip when considered from a global perspective. It's even possible that the consumption method resulted in more abuse than my situation called for. Anyway i developped/acquired allergy-like symptoms including asthma, for example; at a time it went critical enough to contemplate abstaining again - with most displeasure. Then i eventually managed to find my "sweet spot" and since then i've gained a few years back that make me feel a sense of freedom again.

The cigarette ritual is made of short bursts so i eventually came to focus on this aspect and recently succedded to implement an alternative where the Release/Transport Agent is not Hot Dry Air alone neither: in cigarettes/"joints" that would be a complex soup and part of it is very hot gasses which have superior "specific heat", hence i figure my pipe has an edge because i get the Hot Dry Air + Super-heated Gasses (H2O + CO2) though without the toxic combustion compounds as this is a vaporizer pipe. In my opinion this is the difference that explains my preference for Self-Moisturizing, in portable format as a bonus. No need for water toys but i still "Sip 'n Toke", though i gradually started to forget about that lately - a sign the combination of operator skills and Hybrid Core configuration finally gave the long-expected result i was hoping for when i performed my 1st modding in 2013.

Take care that an excess of dryness won't trigger similar inconveniences as i once experienced; the ~6 first months may seem great then boom, it slips away until it's fixed again. If applicable...

Also there's the ritual. I consider mine promotes self-awareness via the visual feeback from my flexible PVC Extension Tube. As a result of NOT being a Dry-Baking Ovenizer this Self-Conditioning pipe accumulates water dropplets inside that tube after a few bowls. That's the signal i better put it down, usually. In addition the main part of my whole ritual no longer revolves around paraphernalia and there's nothing to wait after: the universe can recenter on my perceptions instead of a machine's bells & whistles. When i have enough i forget the pipe where it stands, it doesn't matter because the heating and cooling are practically just as fast i believe. Now considering i'm Micro-Bursting that leaves little energy for baking a vegetal substrate. In other words the heat wave only Releases what's quick to vaporize (on contact, with surfaces) and that would suggest to me the trichome shape is nearly ideal for this application, provided the extraction device is adapted to it too.

Seen at a distance the ritual has similitudes with traditional pipe smoking, as it involves some "pumping" action - with my flame removed though...

picture.php

and i sure don't own a nice spitting bowl as that!...

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Old Toker

Take care that an excess of dryness won't trigger similar inconveniences as i once experienced; the ~6 first months may seem great then boom, it slips away until it's fixed again. If applicable...
Thank you Egzoset for the link and explanation. If the Solo II proves too dry or unsatisfactory....I may pursue something similar. In-the-mean time......I'm excited to finally try a vape...any vape. I've been eating cannabutter cookies for the last 3 months....and they work just fine. But after 50 years of joints & pipes....I do miss the "ritual" of smoking. Looking forward to sitting out in my yard and toking on a vape.
Thanks again! :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts