What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The smell of Outdoorweed when smoked

Fibber_Magees

Veteran
Hi,

I have been growing outdoors (guerillia) the last past years. As usual you can not control all factors of the growing process in that way, but you can take influence.
I used Guano to re-fertilise the ground of my growing spot in a way that they will run out of nutrients a week before the chop (so is the plan). They looked really yellow at the end which is an indicator of less N but one can not really see how much PK there might be left.
The finally harvested weed now after 5 month of cure has an incredible smell when crumbled and has good potency.

The problem is, when it is smoked it does not smell "good" more just like burned plants. Not much of the terpenes are transfered to the smoke. Is it possible that there was to much PK left in the flowers? How do you make your outdoorweed also smell and taste nice when smoked?

Greetings

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Proper drying and curing for 1-2 months should help. If not, just buy some bubble bags and make hash out of it.

rolandomota

You need to find the right plant your weeds burning plant smell sounds normal. Not all plants will have flavor or smoke that smells good

w3rds

If your regular methods arent working for you, I would suggest trying a water cure on one of your next plants. It sounds like youre using a plot of soil and Im not sure if youre using pure organic or not, but the water cure wont make it super skuinky but should remove that plant taste and smell

Drewsif

Lots or variables. I had outdo before that smelled and tasted of forest fire

Water curing will take out all the good flavor along with the bad. Weed with no flavor is weed that tastes like burning plant.

You can chop your plants and stick them in vases of water for a couple days before curing, to eliminate anything in the soil being the cause.