What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

problems with "new" clonex and uts rooting

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya,,,just thought I would open this as their was quite a bit of chat about the above in another thread,,,,
I have a new bottle of clonex and will be taking cuts very shortly,,,,,aware that quite a few people are having problems with the "new" clonex and also with cuts rooting,,,,,
anybody else having probs? along with those who said in the other thread,,
gonna call my local hydro shop to see if they have received any complaints,,,s2:tiphat:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
New Clonex....? Is it new product makeup, or label change...? Gel..?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
New Clonex....? Is it new product makeup, or label change...? Gel..?
new colour I believe and some people seem adamant its changed in
effect and clones are not rooting,,,,i will have to wait and see but interested to see if others are experiencing this....s2

vostok

Veteran
I'll stick to my honey,
add some to my toast too,
or
I can make my own
willow tree tea, ....

so why not you?

Maybe when they shit canned Harvey it all went downhill ? I just use water and a cloner with 100 % rate of success in an average time of about 10 days

JointOperation

i tried them all.. and settled on any cheap ass powder for rooting.. its cheap.. and it does the exact same thing.. at 1/4th the price.. and ontop of that. i just spray the clones with Anti Wilt.. and havent had issues..

i found temp and humidity have more to do with rooting then any rooting compound.

i even sometimes dont use anything but anti wilt. sprayed on the clones.. and thats it. and have the same success rate.. i really only use powder for strains that have a tough time cloning .. and that right now is only 1 strain

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Hey S2, what's the skinny on Clonex, buddy? I'm due to replace mine and got curious after reading this... did you get more Clonex?..if so, what were the results like?

cheers
j

Pragma

To me it seems a bit less viscous and lighter coloured, but still working fine.
I've been dipping my cuts in clonex for a relatively extended time (20-30s) with greater success.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
thanks for the info, sounds like maybe theyre watering it down a bit.. I'll go ahead and get some and extend the exposure time :)

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey S2, what's the skinny on Clonex, buddy? I'm due to replace mine and got curious after reading this... did you get more Clonex?..if so, what were the results like?

cheers
j
hey Jamie,,,
been using the clonex and haven't noticed any difference whatsoever and clones still root quite easily as long as you don't cover the stem with clonex,,,,use sparingly imho,,,s2:tiphat:

Pragma

Hmmm.. Ive been having better luck exposing them for a little bit rather than just a quick dip, but I still don't go out of my way to get them to be dripping with the stuff I just dip them in and pull em out.

I will try a minimal application vs what im currently doing for the next cloning batch, thx for the heads up.