What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terpenoids

shaggyballs

Veteran
-

Attachments

• Cannabis and Cannabis ExtractsGreater Than the Sum of Their Parts.pdf
    207.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Effects of ABA on primary terpenoids and THC in Cannabis sativa at flowering stage.pdf
    489.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Quantitative Analysis of Cannabinoids in the Secretory Product from Capitate-Stalked Glands of C.pdf
    729.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Quantitative Determination of Cannabinoids in Individual Glandular Trichomes of Cannabis.pdf
    784 KB · Views: 89
  • terpenes.pdf
    326.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Terpenes and their Derivatives.pdf
    285.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Terpenoids and the odors of cannabis.pdf
    620.7 KB · Views: 84
Very interesting! I knew there is a reason we all tend to gravitate towards different terpenes as our favorites.

The only thing I don't agree with is the percentage of terpene in the glandular structure. I have experienced WAY too much kief that has little to no smell to believe that 60% of the smell/flavor comes from there..... especially fruity varieties; "skunk" or "fuel" smells seem to come through in kief, but very rarely do I get strong fruit flavors in kief.

But yeah, very neat information!

OLDproLg

Veteran
GOT 3 of them very important terpene's in my strains!!!

GOT 3 of them very important terpene's in my strains!!!

Limonana,Limonana Haze,an my pineapple SK!!!

ALL very good strains that HAVE A HIGH terpene value.......
Some pics of my strain selections!
1,2,3 as above^^

Attachments

• fall Limonana hazes.jpg
    fall Limonana hazes.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Limonana cola.jpg
    Limonana cola.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 38
  • pineapple sk macro.jpg
    pineapple sk macro.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 42

Madjag

Veteran
Hi Shaggy,

Here's a few more useful wheels and diagrams. It all started with perfume, wine, and coffee scents:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This thread is amazing, truly SHAGGY you've out done yourself, thank you so much for taking the time to collect all this information, you make things a hell of a lot easier for me. I want all the info I can get on:

Jasmonic Acid (Ja),
Methyl Jasmonate(MeJa) &
Methyl Dihydrojasmonate (MDHJ)

I think I'll have to use it in week 7 & a half to week 11 & a half depending on strain, close to the end of a plants life cycle, as to not loose any bud mass since it seems when Jasmonates are applied all bud growth has been reported to stop & it focuses on trichome and terpenoid production.

Does this seem like normal rational?

I think I'll post this here to since it's about Methyl Jasmonate:

Has anyone used Methyl Jasmonate before? anybody care to share experience with it. I only want people who have used it to comment, observational data only if possible, I also welcome hypothetical's on the questions though.

1. Did it help with terpene stimulation.
2. Did it help with trichome formation.
2. Did it make your Cannabis tasteless or taste better.
3. Did it make you Cannabis smell more so than what it would have.
4. If you used Methyl Jasmonate while the bud was still forming did it stop or slow down the bud from growing.
5. How much did you use.
6. Was there any synergies with methyl Jasmonate that are worth mentioning, besides (GA3).

What do you guys think?

Latest posts

Latest posts