What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bud growing on leaf

Iraganji

I also have a Female Seeds Grapefruit does this.

picture.php

I think I have the smallest one here.
:whistling:

Z

zomb

:hijacked: well, have this clone... in 4 days, this is how she roots.
28-8-2011015.jpg

Had to try rooting a leaf after reading this thread... nothing but stalk from fan-leaf in the jiffy. Leaf is rooted, planted in coco.
28-8-2011020.jpg

Day 5
292-8-2011010.jpg

Any hope for her to make a shot?!:dunno:

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
You will need to apply hormones to make it shoot.

No you don't...mine put out roots in plain old tap water.

IN AN ICE CUBE TRAY
picture.php

ROOTS...NO HORMONES REQUIRED

picture.php

I didn't use clonex or any other rooting hormone on these clones either.

DIRT CLONES

picture.php

LETS CLONE IN DIRT, WTF!

picture.php

I have seen buds on leaves where the blades meat the petiole on some MK-Ultra crosses I have grown in the past and currently. I have also seen buds growing on the middle of the petiole oddly on some Sensi Star plants.

I wish I had taken pics of these, but I will be on the lookout in the future here with my cam. Most of the buds are only .25gram or so, about a bowl, they seemed the same as other buds from those plants.

Farm Hero

I've seen a Dj Short blueberry do this.

Yes leaves root, but they only get larger, no branches ever form ime. However, if your leaf had a nug on it, I could envision a 'sea of green' of leaves in a field... wait how would you clone a budding leaf?

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
wait how would you clone a budding leaf?

The same way that you'd clone a plant that's already flowering. Just let the leaf root and wait for the little bud on the leaf to re-veg.

It would be a neat experiment for someone.

They can make a name for themselves by being the first to document the phenomenon!haha

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
Is this something that happens primarily indoors?
I've had it happen a few times indoors on my Sour Bubble crosses.
Never had it happen outdoors though.

Spaventa

Veteran
Seen it on one the ACE strains once, can't remember which. My friend told me he'd seen one once too. Its happens every now and then I guess