What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bud growing on leaf

Dudesome

Veteran
fk I love ez cloners like that... I have an unknown indi/sat hybrid which clones pretty damn well... its my first time with it and its in veg stage atm, but smells pretty intensely... I think it might be a good scrog keeper. Im scroggin it right now so lets see how wonderful it should turn out. they call it Blue Widow, but im quite sceptical if its the true Blue widow...

Laventille

This plant does it all the time, I've had it for 12 years or so. It is now clone only, originally from seed. A rock solid indica, the best I've had. I recently reversed it with colloidal siver. The seed produced was viable and looks like it will display exactly the same traits. I love this plant, it is so stable, never hermies, no matter how much you stress it..........High Country Indica.

That's really interesting man...
I never spoke to anyone who has seen it regularly enough to warrant experimenting with it, or had multiple sites on the same plant.
(Or even got a picture of it...LOL)

Upto now I thought it a sign of instability, perhaps associated with seeds bred in bulk for the cheaper end of the market...but your experience points otherwise.

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just had a Matanuska thunderuck x Grape krush plant show this on most of the leaves where colas grew. Very interesting stuff!
RM

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Amazing....never realized that a leaf could roots.
How do you made it? bubbler?

If you don't get a clone, you will cuss yourself forever.

:yes:

I had a delahaze and it was a really big plant (yeld 290 gr) grown in a dwc setup and it shown 3 or 4 flowers like this:

picture.php

I run it with high fertilizers doses,reaching 2,4 mS\cm....I never reach this level again with other plants.

Now I have a grapefruit (1 month flowering in r-dwc)that show this stuff,and out of 2 sister,she is much more productive,for what I can see till now.She is plenty of little flowers like these:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I took two clones out of this plant....it's promising very good things ;)

I noticed a thing...but maybe I'm wrong...this kind of plants in vegetative phase, easily show on a lot of their leaves a couple of blades starting from where the flowers than appear...

dr.penthotal

Chasing the orange grapefruit rabbit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bulbils

Bulbils

Hallo there!
This strange phenomenon is caused by a mutation.
It's quite common and I happened this a few times.

I've seen different types of this mutation to produce buds, roots and even stalks and leaves from a petiole or where the leaf blades join together.

An excerpt from "Cannabis breeder bible" by Greg Green:
"LEAF BUDS (BULBILS)
Another strange mutation is flowers developing on the leaf. [...]
These type of mutation have been found in plants that grow around Nepal and Himalayas. It is quite possible that this type of mutation is a translocation mutation. It does crop up in some hybrid plants now and again. It does not appear to affect plant in any way. [...]
Some mutations do nothing to the plant, but sometimes these may add up with other smaller mutations to cause effect.
A large percentage of chromosome mutations may render a plant sterile, unable to produce viable seeds.
As we have seen, cloning through a constant cutting can do this. [...]"

Other noticed mutations can be twinning, warping, auto-topping, trilateral branching, leaf splitting...
I can't remember the exact variety that displayed this, I think the Purps from BC bud depot.
Consider this as a trait of this plant. Once set in, you con't take it out.
If you just smoke it, no problems:jump:, if you're going to breed with this, take in account it may be exposed to some chromosomic damage, better choose another one without the mutation.
My 2 cents.
Hope this helped
peace
Dr. P

Hey Retardo, I have heard of this kind of mute but never saw it. Very nice pics! impressive. Would have to question dna future though. Have fun!!!!!!!

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Amazing....never realized that a leaf could roots.
How do you made it? bubbler?

:yes:

Crazy isn't it, a flowering leaf putting out roots. I cloned it in plain old water.

HERE'S ANOTHER SHOT

picture.php

I planted it but the poor little thing died.

herbtea3

thought this is strange, but a welcome bit of extra growth:jump:.A mossy's jem with bud & leaf growing from fan leaf stalk and its still growing :artist:

Last edited:
Z

zomb

This strange phenomenon is caused by a mutation. It's quite common

Greg Green: It is quite possible that this type of mutation is a translocation mutation. It does crop up in some hybrid plants now and again. It does not appear to affect plant in any way. [...]
Some mutations do nothing to the plant, but sometimes these may add up with other smaller mutations to cause effect.
A large percentage of chromosome mutations may render a plant sterile, unable to produce viable seeds.
As we have seen, cloning through a constant cutting can do this
[...]"[/I]

If you just smoke it, no problems, if you're going to breed with this, take in account it may be exposed to some chromosomic damage, better choose another one without the mutation.

peace
Dr. P

I see no problem havin a keeper for growing, but of course, to inbread the chromosomic damage might involve some ethics. -Should we make a plant with buds on rooting leaves if its increasing harvest and rooting potential?! -With colchicin or radiation you can make a seed mutate spontaneously, make triplods, unnatural new cultivars,- or have you just advanced succession?! Farmers around the globe usually dont give a fuck about anything but the outcome aka profit. Should we?! They dont give a fuck about us, and I supose we still have a 1000 strains to recover from, if the psycko plant starts laying eggs

P

pineolene

bud from leaf ey? this is a vortex seed plant.

Attachments

• DSCN0230.jpg
    DSCN0230.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN0226.jpg
    DSCN0226.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN0229.jpg
    DSCN0229.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Latest posts