What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what makes bud "kind"?

bubbleberry-5.jpg

gw5geYG.jpg

E6ZwraZ.jpg

deepchunk-cannabis-deepchunk-mmj-weed-thcfinder-fs-001.jpg

kali-mist_825x550_d2ilpdwm.b12.jpg

sagarmatha's bubbleberry, pink kush, pure asian sativas, deep chunk and old school kali mist pictured above are all recognized (at least to myself) as 'kind' strains aka 'kind bud'. you know when you have it - it's unique looking (usually an extreme bright green with crystals - not keif.), it's soft and fluffy like a pillow (even when it's a dense deep chunk bud), it has that moist freshly picked look, the stems stay green, and it doesn't give you that 'fucked up' kind of high... it's a kind high.

so what makes these strains 'kind'? is it a certain genetic? a breeding method? what other strains have you smoked or grown that you refer to as kind bud? feel free to share more pictures.

Last edited:

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
A pager in your pocket and a pair of LA Gears.

I haven't heard that term since the 90's.

"Kind bud" was just a term for used for good weed, we had regs/shwag/mersh, middies and "Kind". "Kind" was actually "Kine" as in "Da Kine" a Hawaiian term. No certain strain was "kind" just the best buds you could pick up from your dealer, back then I never even heard of anything referred to by a specific strain name like today.

Scrappy-doo

Yeah buddy kind comes in all colors shapes sizes and densities. If it's got a moist freshly picked look it's probably fresh picked and local. A lot has to do with genetics and also tlc from a quality grower.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
We're spoiled with weed today but man I kind of miss the days of Kind. That freshly picked, super sticky shit that would sometimes smell like a dead skunks ass. I remember getting good shit in the 90's it still had leafs all over it but would stick to the bag, I kind of wish I would have saved any seeds from that time period.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
That KM looks special, I wish I had some of that right now. You dont hear much about KM, but what I have seen sure as hell doesn't look like that those calyx's are huge.

WelderDan

Veteran
"Kind" or "Kine" bud is any quality bud that you deem good enough to call it that. AKA "Good pot."

waveguide

Veteran
i've been wondering since people use the term like it means something other than just good weed.

it's been a long time since i've smoked any non-micro sativas, and i don't have much in the way of pure indica seeds. BUT bubblegum compared to a dozen other strains i have washes over with an unmistakable wave of relief that is like exactly what i need. snap. so in my own mind it's like a stone that releases worry and releases pain, instant high liberation. is that what you mean?

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
The first time I heard of "kind bud" he said it was kind because It doesn't make your eyes red
LOL

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
We always referred to kind bud as the type of weed that was giggly, happy, uplifting, social weed. Which is pretty rare stuff these days.

Donn

Maybe could apply to a range of different effect profiles, so to speak, as long as they favor the pleasant effects vs. any unpleasantness.

idiit

Veteran
i was politely informed/corrected here at ic few years back it's "kine".

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

some ppl think very potent, debilitating couch lock "fire" is kine.

I am in the sativa camp; the high effects of spirituality, euphoria, well being, enabling as opposed to debilitating type of effects. imo the ppl that originated the term "kine' were referring to the above and not referring to the " catching flies with a wide open mouth and glassy eyed stone" effects.

it's the "higher realms" that kine bud takes us to temporarily that gets the respect, not the appearance of the bud nor the stony debilitating type highs.

in the present cannabis culture the term 'kine bud' is more often applied to the great tasting, drop dead gorgeous bud that since it's usually indica ( wld) dom it usually has the stony debilitating indica dom high effects. not always.

so, in short the meaning has migrated away from the original meaning normally associated with great sativa type high effects to the present day bag appeal strains.

chauvinism originally meant "excessively patriotic". it no longer is used in that context.

implications and inferences of words/terms change over time.

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
I kind of miss the days of Kind. That freshly picked, super sticky shit that would sometimes smell like a dead skunks ass. I remember getting good shit in the 90's it still had leafs all over it but would stick to the bAG.

My "heavy dank nug" (heh) was grown under 430w hps with improper ventilation So a theory may explain that stickiness lower wattage, lower temps the kind was less over worked Grown and dried with higher humidity I'll admit some of my juiciest crops came from a simpler time WHew!

Like the lion said, strap on some LA Gear and lead the masses towards a new age of indo chronic

la-gear-unstoppable-strayalife.jpg

thanks for the replies guys - it seems everyone has somewhat of a different opinion on it.

i'm with you, idiit - i'm a sativa guy that loves those clean, mind expanding, happy refreshing highs that you don't even feel a hint of the next day. well at least in search of that ideal strain, for now. today's weed is too heavy for me... it just gives me a headache. i have some western winds that should be done by the end of october. i'm hoping it's similar to that kali mist in the op.

sdd420

Veteran
I believe haze had it right..da kine means the best etc so at that time it meant something other than brick weed or cheap homegrown . It was the best and you paid for it too. It was an early term like sinsi or sinsemilla (seedless). I also believe it could be sat or Indy . Peace sdd

Latest posts

Latest posts