What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heavy Yielders!

rusto

Beast
Tropical said:
I know you have grown many strains, so I pay attention to what you say. What do you like so much about Chemdawg D? How much yield do you get from it? Did you post any pics of it in this thread?

I've heard nothing but good about chem D,

check joeshmoes out.

just my 2 cents...

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tropical, Chemdawg D rates -in my book- as the #1 pot plant for indoor cultivation. It's not the most amazing high the world has ever seen, not the most delicious, but it IS the most well-rounded strain I've experienced.

Reasons... Clones easily, vegetates quickly, great growth structure with the perfect amount of stretch in flower, the high is very respectable, the taste is great, and with very little effort... it YIELDS like a dream. The buds are dense, every bud is top-notch, even at the very bottom of the plant, it's so easy to trim that you hardly need scissors at all. As a matter of fact, all I used scissors for on my last CDD harvest was to cut the limbs from the bush... the leaves can be removed very quickly by hand.

As I said before, it's not the perfect high, it's not the perfect taste, no strain IS perfect for all traits... but as a whole package, there's hardly anything else you can ask for.

I believe the latest issue of High Times has my article on CDD in it... where I say much of the same that I said here. :) I haven't seen it myself, though. :)

Peace, good will,
cc

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just took this snapshot of a ChemD (from clone). This is a lower bud, the top buds are hard to shoot with the lights on, the lowers are in better shade for shooting.

This plant is LOADED with buds like this one. The plant is only about 3 feet tall, and will yield between 4-5 ounces, in only 3 gallons of soiless mix. Buds are hanging head down on this plant, they are HEAVY.
20ChemD_almost_done_123321.JPG

guineapig

Veteran
Vintage Silver Pearl 1995 (Sensi Seeds) x Vintage AK-47 (1996)

Those AK hybrids have an unbelievably large amount of flowers......

Another AK hybrid i saw snapped at the top due to its massive cola.....

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

Tropical

Crazy Composer said:
This plant is LOADED with buds like this one. The plant is only about 3 feet tall, and will yield between 4-5 ounces, in only 3 gallons of soiless mix. Buds are hanging head down on this plant, they are HEAVY.

Did you have to top her to keep her so short? That does sound like a great yield for such a short plant in a small container. How long did you keep her in 12/12?

I once had a plant that was short and very bushy. It was Space Queen. The yield wasn't as big as I expected based on the way it vegged so bushy. It was also a pain to trim because it has so many tiny buds. Here are a couple pics in veg in a five gallon container of potting mix and then a harvest pic after trimming the fan leaves.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tropical, I do top CDD to get the profile I like. But I find that every growroom will treat a plant a little different from the next. For example, I have a friend growing CDD at his place and his plants were too short after topping. He vegged with a 1000watts so the plants didn't stretch as much after being topped.

However, I veg with only 400watts and my topped plants grow exactly as I like them to.

Long story short... CDD should be topped in most gardens, but with tons of veg light, they can be left untopped.

H

Hazeseeker

Kryptonite's Chemdawg D x Sfv OG Kush/Affie

Kryptonite's Chemdawg D x Sfv OG Kush/Affie

Huge yeilding pheno, grown under a 400w HPS with 3 other plants in same room :joint:
3284327th_august_010.jpg

Last edited:
H

Hazeseeker

Tropical said:
Nice pic, but isn't that a lot of indica for a Haze seeker? ;-)
lol.., this is true man :yes: , i love Haze Hybrids but wanted to try something different for a change (wanted to get a good nights sleep for a change :biglaugh:) - smoking NL#5xHaze late at night turns your bodyclock/timezone upside down as your still awake at 5/6 in the morning, i'm back on the Haze Hybrids this grow tho :rasta: , couldn't go 2 grows in a row without Haze in the mix :joint:

peace

Last edited:

Tropical

I have had insomnia my whole life. I have to hit an indica or take prescription medicine to get to sleep at night.

For awhile, I also had a haze pheno of Mothers Finest. It was great party weed. I loved the high. It also had good taste, a fantastic yield, great potency, and it was easy to grow. I had to shut down my grow at one point, so I lost all my moms. I tried to give them to friends for safe keeping, but the one guy who took them deleted his account, so I can't even talk to him. If I could, I would be asking for that Mothers Finest.

Last edited:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
A99, JLP´s

Chronic

Neville's Haze x G13

G13 JLP´s

Nev's

Original Haze x Sk#1

Age old pics but theyre all still very nice yielders, most of them being potent herb too. :smile: Nice1´s everyone!!!!

metamorf

Rosy Cheeks said:

Snyggt jobbat Rosy :) Nicely done Rosy!

I'm running that pheno. Had to get a dehumidifier just for the star since it grows such big-ass buds and they do seem to have a weakness for botrytis.

This is one of my yielders, the White Rhino.

Latest posts

Latest posts