What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

sativas and súper cropping

AlessOnFire

Hi everyone!

I recently switched from indoor to outdoor growing and I have not very much experience dealing with pure sativas.

I want to know how sativas react to super cropping. I have no interest in debating about yield and such, it's not my main goal. I just want to know if super cropping can actually be an alternative method to topping (and if by the way I obtain several colas would be great)

I know well the technique but mostly did it on hybrids and indicas.

Any input?

Thanks guys!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Should be similar to your previous experiences I would think. lotsa branching below the bend folloed by a quick upturs of any side ways growing shoots.

You shouls end up with a big ol sativa bush.

AlessOnFire

Should be similar to your previous experiences I would think. lotsa branching below the bend folloed by a quick upturs of any side ways growing shoots.

You shouls end up with a big ol sativa bush.

Thanks, I asked cause I know some strains don't react that well to super cropping, so I thought it was better to ask before making any disgrace to those poor plants :laughing:

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
ya know- i've heard that vague myth that a certain strain doesn't like supercropping but i've never seen a plant that doesn't produce LOTS more yield with topping and supercropping. if i can find the pic of last years purple haze/malawi which is at least 90% sativa i'll show you some suppercropping. i got 12oz off this girl

AlessOnFire

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50541&pictureid=1267716&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50541&pictureid=1252537&thumb=1]View Image[/url] ya know- i've heard that vague myth that a certain strain doesn't like supercropping but i've never seen a plant that doesn't produce LOTS more yield with topping and supercropping. if i can find the pic of last years purple haze/malawi which is at least 90% sativa i'll show you some suppercropping. i got 12oz off this girl

That's nice to hear! Was it grown outdoors? How tall it became? A pic would be great, hope you find some.