What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
outstanding, thank you macgyver. Any idea as to the size of said grows? Are we talking 2 or 3 ounces above the limit or 2 or 3 pounds?

The guy that got busted, Jason Lauve, had 34 ounces I believe. The jury foreman later said he could have had a ton, because of the way the law is worded, and they would have still came to the same decision. A major victory for the affirmative defense. Keep in mind this was in Boulder, a more liberal part of CO.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
BUMP!

Here is a room with Serious AK47 and an unknown sativa blueberry, soil, 1800w and CO2:

M

movingtocally

Awesome thread. I just might have to take a trip to the Mountains and take a peek around. I hear Boulder is lovely and liberal but expensive.

Absolut

I think there is no smoking allowed anywhere in Boulder, even outside. I could be wrong.

Anyway here is a Bubbleberry (BubblegumxBlueberry) clone I got from a dispensary. Overall pretty healthy, some leaves have burned tips but nothing really major...
Not really doing anything special for it right now b/c I'm moving in a month. Hopefully I can keep it in veg sitting at the window :chin: lol

However, when I do move into my new place I can PROMISE to do my best in growing dank organic buds. I will not give out buds that aren't properly cured.

picture.php

picture.php

M

movingtocally

What do you guys think of the scene overall in places like Denver? Boulder seems like the place I'd most fit in, but alas I don't think I could afford it. The cost of living calculator says that rentals are 106 percent cheaper in Denver than in Boulder. From a growers perspective, what areas do you guys like other than Boulder that are less expensive and still pretty liberal?

Thanks guys.

Just found this thread, so I'm 'scribed now. Seems like a good scene going on in Co! My wife is currently working on getting her card now, so hopefully i'll be able to start crackin' some beans soon, 'tho it's doubtful if any of 'em are still viable
Seems like a lot of problems with cloning. Heres what I learned from growing back in the day (just my .02 cents, and it might not work for everyone)
- genetics does play a role. some strains will clone easier.
- starve your mom a lil bit to prevent her from getting to big, but feed her well about 2 weeks prior to cutting clones. I won't go into details on the cutting, because I'm sure there are much better articles aobut it. Bottom line: Use a sharp instrument, keep the cuts clean, dip in rooting hormone.
After that, I would pop 'em in a bubble cloner ( I'm sure theres a "how-to" article here somewhere), put the whole she-bang on a seed heating mat, and let it go.
After a little over a week, the stems would be swelling and ready to pop roots, or have a few roots on 'em already. At that point I used a very weakened formula in the bubbler.

Towards the end of my growing career, I could go from cuttings to vegging in 3 weeks w/ about 6 inches of roots.

(POST DISCLAIMER: Again, this is what worked for me)

BIOJenn

Ft Col has been known to be the indoor grow mecca here in Co. tons of indoor growers down south as well..lets just say we are everyplace. :kos:

alphaguru

you quite clearly don't understand the concept of SCROG.

you haven't cut off any lower growth, and your screen isn't even half full and your already flowering!?!

I veg till the whole screen is full of tops and take off any budsites below the screen
essentially pruning for colas

might want to do a review of your SCROG technique

Balazar

Ok, on the new bubble cloner I removed the humidity dome and after the first day my cuttings all perked up nicely!:woohoo: I'll try adjusting the ph down a little too. I have a pretty nice HANNA meter (a must if you ask me) I used 1" think waterproof soft foam to stick the cuttings in the cloner. I just cut cubes and then cut a slit into each cube to fit it around the cutting.

As for Boulder being a "Mecca" of sorts here in CO well its just like all of the other college towns (Greeley, Ft. Collins, Waisted State). I spent my freshman year there, and I still have many friends in the particle physics lab. When I was there (2006/2007) The law was you can only smoke at designated smoking areas that are all outside and at least 25ft from the entrance to any public building. Most of em are on the street corners. Boulder really is it's own little republic (make sure you stop at every marked crosswalk!). Some people love it there and some can't stand it. I liked the culture at first until I discovered that it's not quite what everyone makes it out to be.

I'm not a big High Times fan but I do remember Paonia being mentioned in there. Also Delta and Canyon City are known to have a lot of grow ops. Denver is cheaper than Boulder but if its housing cost you are concerned about try Aurora or Englehood. Douglas County has the Highest property tax rate in the state so stay away from Parker, Cottonwood, Lone Tree, Castle Rock and Frank Town if that's a concern. There are indoor growers everywhere! :respect: I just snapped some pics of my veg room. I'll post them up soon.

aceofspades

So with the posts on the previous page....I am still practicing cloning. I just took my 3rd "batch" tonight. I have 12 in soil, which was the first batch, and i Just planted 3 of the new batch, which the clones were only taken 9 days ago! I think I have it down now, but I am still waiting on enough clones to fill my flowering chamber, which is about 3x4 ft.

Anywho, I have a few pics here to show you some progress, oh...All clones are taken, then powder rooting hormone is applied, and then into rock wool or a rapid rooter ( I have been having mixed results up to now, but looks like the rapid rooters are giving me better results). The clones are in a dome as well with temps around an average of 76 degrees and RH about 87%

I also tried a bubbler cloner DIY and I have a few roots showing as well, but they also took about 10 days, but stayed healthier. I will post pictures of those once they are planted.

My first clone ever planted on the 14th of sept
DSC00290.jpg

A few other of my clones that are doing very well:
DSC00292.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

All of them, don't mind the ones that look horrible.....they are just a sort of experiment.
DSC00298.jpg

A shot of all of them. getting crowded, thats why I took more clones tonight, Right?
DSC00302.jpg

Balazar

Glad to see your clones are going well too aceofspades. Are the small ones under a heating pad; or is that just a pan they are sitting in?

Kelly I bet you can make that blue hash fill up the screen easy! :canabis:

as promised here are a few new pics of my veg room.

I'm running two 1k MH lights in here. Most of the time I use the dimmer on the ballast to tone it down for them.

here are a few buckets. These are sour diesel. I put these clones in the buckets about 7 days prior to this pic. The buckets are simple. I have lava rock in the bottom 2" and hydroton in the net baskets.

These are my moms. They live in a closet in this same room. in the back we have sweet pineapple the middle is sour diesel and the closest one is ISS. Those are my ghetto-fabulous 150w HPS econolights. I scored them for $25 each including the ballast at www.econolights.com That's all for now. I guess I should start a thread for this grow. I want to do a journal I just need 50 posts.

The Uncola

About to start getting my grow on again in the Denver area. I got a few feminized seeds from Nirvana Global- Bubbalicious Baby!! This is the first time I've tried feminized seeds. Before I just took my chances with general seeds. I've had pretty good luck. The first few grows I did were under CFL's only. Then I graduated to a 400 HPS. I've finished some pretty sweet plants. A friend I met through the extinct Over Grow gave me some Blueberry seeds- I finished those and boy- that was the sweetest high I've ever had. I also finished some S African Durban Skunk- Freebies from one of my seed buys. Amazing!
Don't sell don't smell and don't tell! Also finished some Nirvana Chrystal- Sweet!

aceofspades

No that is just a catch pan, I dont have a heating pad yet, I need one for the clones in the dome though. Digging this thread!

Ace

Balazar

Don't sell don't smell and don't tell!
That is some excellent advice. The only thing I can add is also cover yourself legaly. There is no reason not to be Amendment 20 compliant. Post your registry paperwork IN PLAIN SIGHT in the garden area.

Status
Not open for further replies.