What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can any led compet with a double ended bulb ?

Maina

Veteran
Some one is trying to tell me a led out there that can compete with a gavita 1100 I say no way ! What do the pros say ?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gravita recently came out with an LED light.

What does that tell you?

CoCo_LoCo

The Samsung LM301B diodes are amazing. I have a little 70w Quantum board and I pulled 78 grams out of a 2x2 (70cm x 70cm) grow tent.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Whats the PPFD reading from the gavita?

In this video its about 850:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCCTFcBsNFU

This video is of a HLG 550 V2. Its desigined to replace a 1000w single ended HID.

https://youtu.be/IY0EoznvLI0

Thats about 1000 PPFD.
Yes they can with 600 watts with the hlg V2 boards
This is the truth.

The highest quality LEDs being produced today are capable of producing more light per watt than any HID on the market. Combine this with being able to precisely define the spectrum output (HID is **extremely** limited in this respect), and you get more 'growing' spectrum per watt than any HID. The results are starting to look ridiculous.

Personally, I'm loving the new LED tech and can't wait to upgrade from the SILs which have performed amazingly well. :)

mack 10

Veteran
What do these new LEDs cost?
If they can seriously match a double ended,
The games over.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I just put in my third $99 Super Bright LED from Home Depot. Expanded my growing space. These lights are very nice. I will never light up with anything else. HID is a huge waste of energy.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
LEDs get my vote.. the efficiency is better all you need to do is pick a nice spectrum.. A 1000-2000 points of light spread over an area is more natural than one fireball.. the suns light is diffuse and even.

Personally not sure about many premade lights though because its just too easy for me, or any one, to make em.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I do not know. I have 56-60 plants all in individual pots Each is an individual with it's own traits. I just water them when they wilt a little. But I have very nice growth. Strong plants. Nice smoke. I just filled a jar with Acapulco gold. Eyeballing it I would say that my 5 plants produced about 1 oz of dried. But it is for me. I smoke all day every day. I have 10 Bruce Banger germing right now and 5 Zamaldelica. They will stay in the veg cabinet for 3-5 weeks. The factory is humming along nicely.

Koondense

Veteran
That light is just an average performing white led fixture, made for replacing fluoros.
Totally overrated, by one enthusiastic user.

Cheers

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!

I do not know. I have 56-60 plants all in individual pots Each is an individual with it's own traits. I just water them when they wilt a little. But I have very nice growth. Strong plants. Nice smoke. I just filled a jar with Acapulco gold. Eyeballing it I would say that my 5 plants produced about 1 oz of dried. But it is for me. I smoke all day every day. I have 10 Bruce Banger germing right now and 5 Zamaldelica. They will stay in the veg cabinet for 3-5 weeks. The factory is humming along nicely.
It is an LED, not a horticultural light. 1oz for 5 plants, is not what one would call performance. Apples and oranges m8te :tiphat:

prune

Veteran
LEDs get my vote.. the efficiency is better all you need to do is pick a nice spectrum.. A 1000-2000 points of light spread over an area is more natural than one fireball.. the suns light is diffuse and even.

I don't see it that way. Most of a DE's output is actually reflected and by that effect diffused.
LED light is mostly unidirectional with no diffusion other than atmospheric refraction. Any leaf not under the sweet spot, or any leaf shaded - gets bubkus.

and let's not even get into penetration... :moon: (lol)

kickarse

Yeah yeah HPS is dead

think ya all dreaming, the 500w HGL 550 is supposed to be twice as good as HPS per watt
all i've ever seen is people running HGL 550s getting 1/2 the result of 1000w hps

so there are as good on a per watt basis, but not going to replace a 1000w HPS for yeild

they are 4 times the $$$$ tho, got HPS beat there

Latest posts

Latest posts