What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush "Pre 98" flowering

Katsu

Veteran
Here she is at 6.5 weeks. I like to let her go 10 for maximum flavor and potency. Dispensary Bubba is usually pulled at 7 and doesn't even BEGIN to do her justice (plus they don't flush for shit so the flavor isn't there)

Attachments

• bk1.jpg
    bk1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 86
  • bk2.jpg
    bk2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 90
  • bk3.jpg
    bk3.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 86

Katsu

Veteran
If it's flowered for 10 weeks, the high is narcotic and 2nd to none. I suspect the grower pulled her early as she looks gorgeous at 7 weeks...

JetLife175

Veteran
I remember you posting about 10 week bubba kush years ago and decided to give a shot way back when and I have to say you are completely right. 80+ day bubba kush is like smoking Vicodin lol.

Happy Times

If it's flowered for 10 weeks, the high is narcotic and 2nd to none. I suspect the grower pulled her early as she looks gorgeous at 7 weeks...

Maybe that’s what happened with some P98 I got from a Denver dispensary a few years back. Just wasn’t the knockout stoney stone I was expecting.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Never had pre-98 bubba before. Is it really a good strain for sleep and are the yields as low as everyone makes them out to be?

G

View Image

Don't know how to change the orientation :-(

Would love to orientate it straight into my bong.
Is it the case that Bubba s1 plants are hit and miss for quality?
I saw a complaint about Verdants Bubba s1's.
Bubba outcrosses very well though.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
Katsu,

nice looking p98 and i agree w/you about letting her go to 70 days, she has been in my garden for many years and w/some vegging and topping the yield isnt bad. got 2 getting chopped next tuesday @ day 70 and they are getting some color.

peace

NEED 4 SEED

Never had pre-98 bubba before. Is it really a good strain for sleep and are the yields as low as everyone makes them out to be?

I've ran the Verdant Greens S1, 5 seeds. At first I thought "what a massive plant". But nearer and nearer to the end it happened to be the lowest yielding plant ever while at the same time growing on a massive frame. Giant dark fan leaves, a monster in itself but not much bud. Some yielded even 4-5 times less than the other plants in the room while taking the area of two to three plants. And the effect and smell/taste were quite lame too. No couch lock, not sleepy. Nothing I would rave about. Half the power of the other strains in the room. Smell was a bit coffee at first but later developed into a weak peat moss smell. So for me that was nothing great. That saying, I'm not hating on Verdant at all but this strain didn't do justice to all the hype about their mother. Again, it was only 5 seeds and probably was bad luck and hopefully someone will chime in with different experiences.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I smoked and grew the clone vg used in that cross,, it was a beautiful smoke,, high was good too,, i really miss that clone,,, i guess if you had 100 you would find something possibility better than the mother,, 5 is just a loto ticket

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I've ran the Verdant Greens S1, 5 seeds. At first I thought "what a massive plant". But nearer and nearer to the end it happened to be the lowest yielding plant ever while at the same time growing on a massive frame. Giant dark fan leaves, a monster in itself but not much bud. Some yielded even 4-5 times less than the other plants in the room while taking the area of two to three plants. And the effect and smell/taste were quite lame too. No couch lock, not sleepy. Nothing I would rave about. Half the power of the other strains in the room. Smell was a bit coffee at first but later developed into a weak peat moss smell. So for me that was nothing great. That saying, I'm not hating on Verdant at all but this strain didn't do justice to all the hype about their mother. Again, it was only 5 seeds and probably was bad luck and hopefully someone will chime in with different experiences.

i believe this is what i grew from verdant green .. they were fem's, and it was a few years ago, so a bit foggy, but think we started '2' seeds, and culled em as they appeared to be 'runts'... then sowed another 1 or 2.. same results, and finally the last seed- all were 'runts' but verdant said they are slow growing... i agree they are def 'slow-growing'... i'd like to try em again, but garden is small, no time to grow a slow moving pheno(s)...

Katsu

Veteran
There is no doubt that Katsu Bubba can be a skimpy yielder - it definitely takes some skill to get her to produce. The Pre-98 is better in that department. As far as the smoke goes, I'm hard-pressed to imagine the high and the taste not being present. How long did you let her go. At 7 weeks I can see being disappointed, but anything over 8.5 weeks should have produced some pretty killer buds. Sorry your experience was anything less than amazing. If you're looking for a producer, Bubba Kush and crosses probably isn't where I would start, but if you're looking for top-shelf head stash I can't think of a better strain.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I still think about my old pre 98 clone,,, but honestly I think pk is a very similar cut and pk is better than bubba in the flavour department

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Bubba always yielded for me, and it was a normal vegger. 3 gallons of top quality soil with proper veg time, and defoliation would yield me qp plants in home depot buckets. I'd put 6 under a 1000 and let her rip... Had to veg for a minute tho, so that was the only downside. I've ran katsu and the pre98...Defoliation was the key for me getting her to yield. I like growing her in the summer due to her being able to take high temps w/o missing a beat.

OP

Latest posts

Latest posts