What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2018

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I'll have to check out those series. Are nfl games ever broadcast in german?
The soccer euro-leagues are getting more popular in America, I see stories on them on espn all the time. What's your favorite team in the Bundesliga? Were you disappointed in Germany's performance in the World Cup? That was pretty shocking.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
i can understand where you are coming from herman'
the are several soccer (football) fans i know who fly banners and wear team colors
no one knows what they are talking about most of the time, me included
the nfl is really pushing to establish a presence overseas, but it just dosent seem to stick
isnt there an american style football league in germany? i hear basketball is becoming much more popular in europe, and its always had a following around the world (asians love basketball)
always good to hear from an international fan ,brother

what about the dogs baba'?
ive had chicago style dogs and kind of like them with their quarter pickle spear and crap piled high
the last time the mrs went to chicago i had her bring me some deep dish pizza
she got it at a place called lou malnattis (sp?)
that shit was off the hook!!111! even a day old and reheated it was amazing
i am a big fan of deep dish pizza
i know what you mean about taco bell, its not mexican food but every now and then you have this craving for that taste
/not mexican food, taco bell food!
the mrs and i go once in a blue moon and i occasionally hit it up with a friend who loves fast food
im a fan of the challupa, the mrs loves the potatoe tacos
im also interested in hearing what are the popular foods in germany

not much football related to add today; jalen ramsey is in hot water for harshing on reporters taking video of a fight that took place in training camp
tyrel prior is not feeling any love from his former teammates
cant wait for this weeks games, hopefully we get to see more of the first team play

hope everyone is having a great week

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hey Bungle, long time no see. What's ur favorite team again? Are you the one browns fan on this forum?

I like my encased meat products like any good midwesterner, but prefer just standard ketchup and mustard, maybe a little relish too, on my dogs. A true chicago dog doesn't have ketchup on it, and all the toppings they put on it is called 'dragging it through the garden'. All the veggies can tend to overwhelm the taste of the meat though, but i suppose it adds a little more vitamins to the meal.

Lou Malnati's deep dish is the bomb, and you can actually order and have frozen ones mailed to you. But deep dish is different than stuffed, deep dish doesn't have the extra layer of dough on top. Malanti's has several locations around this area, and the last time i ordered a deep dish sausage pizza, it came out a little messed up: for some reason the sausage, which is like a thin patty covering the entire bottom of the pie, came out shrunken and stopped 3 inches from the edges. Dont know why it came out like that, maybe they cheaped out on the meat that time.

Roquan finally came to terms with the bears and reported to camp. He may even play a bit on saturday, he's had the playbook since the draft (it even got stolen when his car was broken into), but even if he doesn't he'll still have 3 weeks of camp left to get up to speed. Hopefully he'll be a force for the bears at linebacker.

I know NFL europe folded a few years ago, there might be a semi pro league in germany playing american football but if there is it's probably like the semi pro leagues in america: a bunch of ex high school players with regular jobs playing on the weekends. Nothing too high level.
Europe does have a few professional basketball leagues, the spanish one is supposedly the highest level of b-ball outside of the nba, a lot of the best euro players and some ex-NBA'ers play there. China and the phillipines have a big b-ball following, and china shells out some big money for an older nba players once in a while. Supposedly they've offered dwayne wade 8M a year to play there, but he wants to stay in miami.

Is jalen ramsey getting a little too full of himself?
I feel a bit sorry for terrelle pryor, maybe he should have stuck to being a QB. I remember pacman jones of the bengals, after playing against pryor who was on the browns at the time, said he was garbage, and shook a nearby trash can and yelled "Pryor, you in there?!?" Harsh yet funny.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
glad to see you, mrB'

im not a fan of hot dogs but the boy is
i am more a burger guy but will have a dog or two off the grill
yeah the chicago style dog came with a tomatoe slice and pickle spear, onions
the place was called chicago on a bun and i will remember how to ask for them if i ever go back
looks like jalen ramsey is all over the place and a friend sent a link to a recent interview he did in GQ magazine,i havent read the article but a friend said he roasted on opposing QBs who couldent talk trash or something like that
/ignroing the fact if you slinging em', your arm is doing the talking for you
fwiw, i like ramsey but he might want to check the attitude a littel; guys around the league can get salty and he might find himself on the other side of a chop block or a late hit after an interception if hes not careful
glad to hear your team came to terms with smith, get him on the field and lets see what hes got
some good preseason match ups tomorrow! pats/philly thursday
plus football friday and saturday too! rams v raiders on sat is what im interested in
cant wait for the regualr season to start

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, hot dogs aren't a high quality meat, not compared to burgers, but the all-beef ones arent too bad. You ever go to ikea or costco and get their cheap hot dogs and a drink? One of the best values in food.

Ramsey said some pretty inflammatory things about the league's qb's but honestly he's just parroting the fan consensus on their abilities. Josh allen is probably going to suck because of accuracy issues (although he looks decent in the preseason), matt ryan disappointed last year coming off his mvp, wentz and watson are future stars, eli's just ok. He said andrew luck isn't that good, but he faced him in 2016, when luck was playing with a bum shoulder, so i dont think that's a current assessment of luck's abilities.

It is strange to hear a current nfl player be so critical of his peers, and youre right, he's got to put up or shut up this year. But he's a top 5 corner in this league, on a top 5 defense, maybe he'll be able to back it up.
At least he was complimentary of his teammate bortles.

We got a superbowl rematch of eagles at pats, also steelers at packers and jets at redskins. Dont know how much the starters will play, but should be interesting tonite.
Rams vs raiders is like a battle for LA supremacy, since those teams are the most popular in that city. Certainly the chargers are a distant 5th in LA, behind USC and UCLA football...

shithawk420

Veteran
Lou Malnatis is good but there frozen shipped pizzas are not worth it.i think it's 60 bucks for 2 pizzas can't remember.i like Giordano's and Rozzottis better.And I love Chicago hotdogs.pickle,relish mustard,and Poppy seed bun with ( questionably,) all beef dog.fucking New York aint got shit on us.seriously

shithawk420

Veteran
lol i never heard that version Herman! ill always root for Chicago but i dont get my hopes up.im hoping the Falcons do good this year. i lived there and at least they have a chance.

im gonna watch the Packers and Stealers tonight though.you have to remind me again on why your a Packer fan again Herman!is it because they are CHEESEY!? LOL

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
you got that right herman, we are ready for some football action!

i hear costco now has hamburgers,baba'
a friend got one the other day and said they are worth it
i have gotten the hotdog and drink at costco before, it used to be like a couple bucks? plus they had like pizza slices for a couple dollars
definitely a good deal and you are in and out really fast
it was the bortles thing that got me, i still havent read the entire interview, but i heard he threw out a lot of hot taeks;the bortles one was a double take but if he can put together another good season i might have to change my view on him
i think the jag will be top-5 defense again this season too
cant wait to see whos hot and who not this year

that is kind of pricey, hawk
$60 for two pizzas delivered is pretty steep
would love to try those other places, what do you usually get on your pizza?
i think atl looks solid on both sides of the ball, they should be a good team this year
/they play some good teams early this season

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
I'll have to check out those series. Are nfl games ever broadcast in german?
The soccer euro-leagues are getting more popular in America, I see stories on them on espn all the time. What's your favorite team in the Bundesliga? Were you disappointed in Germany's performance in the World Cup? That was pretty shocking.

Here in Germany they show since 3-4 years football. First time on a small station, first half of the season in english, without commercial and not live, second half of the season translated. Than football was going bigger in germany and now they show it on a main tv station. Two or three games live on sunday. Three games for example if any team is playing in Wembley/London, its 3 o clock in the afternon here. Than 7 o clock and 10 o clock. Mostly we watch the 7 o clock game and record the 10 o clock in the evening. If the 2nd game is interesting, we watch it on monday evening. The live games are with commercials, diffrent to the USA commercials, but in the same time. It has always to do with luck if we can see the Packers. We have to see what they show. If you want, you can buy the nfl game pass, but that´s to much for me and my wife. The Superbowl is here running in the middle of the night close to the morning. We always record it and watch it on the following day. Of course, no radio, tv or faceboot until the recording starts. ;-)

Go Packs in my living room

picture.php

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
lol i never heard that version Herman! ill always root for Chicago but i dont get my hopes up.im hoping the Falcons do good this year. i lived there and at least they have a chance.

im gonna watch the Packers and Stealers tonight though.you have to remind me again on why your a Packer fan again Herman!is it because they are CHEESEY!? LOL

Sorry Hawk, saw your posting to late. Packers/Steelers must been a good game, I can´t watch it here.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
looks like a great view,man!
i like the london games because they start at like 6.30a here on the west coast
no better reason to have a beer in the morning than international football
this season they are good match ups too

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It's nice you get 2-3 nfl games every sunday in germany. If you want to make sure you can catch a packers game, check out reddit . com/nflstreams. They have links for every nfl game. You might have to try a few to find a stable one, but the best ones are usually posted near the top of each thread. Also, make sure you have an adblocker or popup blocker. If you use google chrome as your browser, a good one is the Adblock extension.

Those mid 80's bears team had a lot of personalities, not least of which is ditka himself. Check out this link for stories on ditka's hard living- dont know how much is verified or true, but you can easily imagine him that way:

https://deadspin.com/he-reeked-of-jim-beam-and-slim-jims-your-best-mike-d-1655614740

Malnati's deep dish pies are almost $30 each if you get a large specialty pie. Add in shipping and handling (think they pack them insulated with dry ice) then yeah, it's pricey for a pizza, but only way to satisfy your craving for one unless you happen to live near a store.
Did you mean Rosati's, Hawk? Rosati's is a solid italian/pizza chain around IL, and giordano's has locations all over the US - i like their meat meat and more meat stuffed pizza. Got bacon, sausage, pepperoni. I dont want no rabbit food on my pie.

I'm not averse to morning drinking Pop but that early i'd probably go for an irish coffee (a dash of whisky to go with cream and sugar) than a beer.

Some more preseason games last night. Mahomes threw a TD bomb that traveled 70 yards in the air and beat triple coverage, rosen tossed a td for the cardinals, josh allen threw a td for the bills and aj mccarron fractured his collarbone, leaving less competition for allen to start the regular season.

Have some games today, including bears at broncos and raiders at rams, and then no games tomorrow but ravens at colts on MNF. Get to see luck and lamar jackson again.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
im watching the rams game at 1p
hope to see some of the first team offense and defense play at least a few reps
lets hope no one gets hurt; that sucks about mccarron
mahomes must have a cannon for an arm (a 70yd bomb would mean you are always in scoring position) , hopefully he can target those throws
he has a good team around him and as long as he dosent make a lot of stupid mistakes i like the chiefs (even with out alex smith)

when you put it like that baba'. its not really that bad a deal to have the pizza shipped to you; i wonder if there are any giordanos here in california?
i used to love deadspin but the place seems a little too "woke" now, they still have a couple good writers still there and i like the why your team sucks features, but a lot of what they publish is suspect to say the least
/dident they get into some legal trouble with hulk hogan?

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
Hello Baba, thanks for the tip with reddit. I puted it under favorites and check it, when the time is right.:)

Hello Pop, that´s what I like on icmag, People from all over the world in different time zones. :)

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
i can understand where you are coming from herman'
the are several soccer (football) fans i know who fly banners and wear team colors
no one knows what they are talking about most of the time, me included
the nfl is really pushing to establish a presence overseas, but it just dosent seem to stick
isnt there an american style football league in germany? i hear basketball is becoming much more popular in europe, and its always had a following around the world (asians love basketball)
always good to hear from an international fan ,brother

Before 30 yrs, there was a European NFL League. But after 3-4 yrs, they stopped it. It was to early. Now Football is coming bigger and bigger every year, but not so big like in the USA. In Germany it had a lot to do, where the US Army had their baracks in the cold war. There the people had more interest than in the british or french
occupation zone. And over movies the people find interest on football.
Lol, the Superbowl was showed everytime the last decades. I am not a die hard fan and go to bed or was going. I recorded the Superbowl everytime in the past. A little bit angry I often was, when the video tape was to short. Some superbowls were longer than 4 hrs.:biggrin:

My hometown football team.

https://seahawks-bremerhaven.de/

In times of the cold war, Americans and Germans was playing here in one team. One of my old friends who was playing football there is living today in Hesperia, California.:)

Sorry for my Yoda english :biggrin:

PS In 1978 I saw the Harlem Globetrotters live here in my hometown. Baskeball is bigger than American Football in Germany, but over all is standing Koenig Fussball/Soccer.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
i like that there are so many people from around the world here on IC_Mag too,herman
ive heard about how it was US servicemen who first brought football to germany
/it seems like american sports and movies are popular around the world
thanks for sharing about your local football scene in germany with us
and dont worry about your english man, we understand you no problem,friend!
i hope you enjoy the games this season

Latest posts

Latest posts