What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Premixed amendments (I.e fish meal, blood meal, kelp meal) and

Hey guys
On my conquest to try organics I've come up with a soil mix but still struggle on the amendment parts. First everyone's got an opinion on what to add, and Second I'll never go through a bag of blood meal, kelp meal or fish meal. Is there any manufacturer out there that sells a premixed amendment that would be suitable for an organic grow?

Pwyll

differences of opinion are often just preferences or differences in method. There is broad agreement on the basics.

Pwyll

TLO soils sells all sorts of premixed amendments. FWIW - I don't think the Rev is involved with that company though.

Easy7

Veteran
Look at everwood farm. Thy have lot's of stuff buy by the pound. I don't think guano and,amendments are there buy by the pound.

Usually worry about not having enough

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Yeah I wouldn't worry about buying those amendments and having them around. You will definitely use them up eventually and it's necessary to have some on hand for top dressing your plants. The amendments are very cheap and last awhile too, especially blood meal. I would buy and use them all and also pick up neem seed meal as well, my plants absolutely love it! I buy Down To Earth brand when I can, good stuff. :yes:

Okay thanks for the information. I think I will just purchase the blood meal bone meal and kelp meal seperate. Anything else I should add?
I'll be adding Dolomite lime to mixed promix EWC and chunky growstones

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Sorry new to this organic stuff, as I'm using to mixing liquid nutes. Are you suggesting I just add the oyster shell meal during flower? And how would you do that- via a top dress? Thanks for your help who dat is

If you are doing a soil mix then mix it all up with your other amendments. I would also top dress some into flower depending on what strains you're growing. Don't ask me how much though, I don't measure shit! :laughing:

Latest posts

Latest posts