What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic soil mix

Aphotic

I'm not sure where you sourced your ingredients, but feed stores are a great resource for large bags of organic kelp, alfalfa, rock dusts, etc and potters stores are good for mineral rich clays. Sourcing from these places will save you lots of cash, while giving you what's probably a lifetime supply of these ingredients

Riviera123

Yes finding all the ingredients for organic oil mix is like a scavenger hunt. The lime I got at a tractor supply store. I asked about kelp but ended up paying $20 for small box of kelp meal at a grow store. Finding the earthworm castings on Craig's list helped tho. Granite rock dust was cheap at Lowes. And found sunshine Peat moss and plant tone organic fertilizer at Home Depot.

JCgrow

Why not just use ProMix organic line? It's high quality and you don't have to drive around to different stores for separate ingredients.

Aphotic

Why not just use ProMix organic line? It's high quality and you don't have to drive around to different stores for separate ingredients.

You still need to drive around for your nutes if using promix, many people use promix as a base and add to it.

Riviera123

I did not know about pro mix , I'm a newbie . I was shooting for Organic soil mix that i only have to water . Would u have to still add amendments to pro mix?

Latest posts

Latest posts