What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor Finola

Calibrez

Hi. I am growing organic hemp Finola in very big area. Is there are person or maybe sam skunkmann can say something. Is this varaiety auto or not. Deep depth nutrition information. What the plant likes to eat. How to force the plant to have more seeds.

Calibrez.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Check out the following threads/homepages:
- www.finola.fi
- The Hemp Seed Hub
- Where to Buy Finola Seeds

This variety is/became functionally autoflowering but not the way most drug type cannabis. The genetic/mechanism behind it remains elusive (likely a QTL for very early flowering).
Nutrients: Grow clover or nitrogen fixating legumes the year before planting Finola suffices. For hemp, it isn't such a demanding variety especially with regard to nitrogen. Just respect the common soil guidelines for hemp ;) . Finola being a seed variety already selected for a high seed yield makes it rather questionable if you should invest into forcing the plant to have even more seeds, so to speak.
Where do you grow Finola? It is adapted to a northern climate and doesn't do too well in southern Europe.

corky1968

Veteran
Calibrez, please post some plant pics and keep this thread going. :tiphat:

I would like to see more hemp information available here.

Calibrez

I live in Estonia, so i have good climate for Finola. Please see pictures. Plants that are healthy are over 2m tall and have many branches. Picture taken 50m distance from good plants are in stress and look very bad. I have taken soil analyses and the problem looks to be phopsorous and potash. Next year i will add organic nutrients to seed bed, but how to save plants that are in this condition right now. I can make foliar feeding with sprayer, but what to give and what is the best stage. Right now most of my plants are flowering. So if anybody wants organic hemp honey with some cbd inside let me know:). Also added picture of field were i used 50cm row drill. Plants look very nice and are looking good.

corky1968

Veteran
Very nice pictures. :tiphat:

:thank you:

BTW: They sell monopotassium phosphate fertilizer (KH2PO4) at hydroponic stores and fertilizer places.
It has a water solubility of 22.6 g/100 mL (20 °C) and would solve both your phosphorus and potassium
problems together.

Monopotassium phosphate

Calibrez

I am organic grower. I have organic fert in stock and can mix diffrent ratios.Can someone recommend recepy? What would be the best NPK ratio to use after flowering?

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
A formula? Most here are not familiar with what organic farming really means ;) . Additionally, every country has it's own guidelines for the things allowed and the things forbidden for an organic certificate. For example in the USA, bird guano seems to be commonly used in organic farming but is unimaginable in Switzerland.
For potassium and even more so phosphate not only the absolute amount in soil but their availability which highly depends on soil type influence plant growth and yield. If you have a general lack, the treatment is different than having a lot of it but in plant-unavailable form.
Sure enough, K is very important for a decent seed yield! The recommendations regarding phosphate for cannabis are likely way too high for Finola.

If I were an organic farmer (which I'm not), I wouldn't go by nutrient ratios but let the plants guide you in what they need. Ratios can be helpful in artificial setups and on inert growing media but not if you grow organically on a soil-type users here on ICMag don't know.
Try to give hemp all the needed nutrients from the beginning; the amount of stored nutrients such as P and K during growth phase influences yield more than trying to catch up afterwards. Besides, it's a lot less labour too. There are a few publications out there regarding hemp growing, some of which date back to the 40th of last century but still hold true (though several are written in German for example "Untersuchungen über die Nährstoffaufnahme und den Nährstoffbedarf des Hanfes (Cannabis sativa L.)" by G. Bredemann).

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
have you had your soil tested? post soil test and im sure someone can help with how to correct now and in the future, you have a large crop and alot is on the line, i bet someone here can help.

thanks for sharing calibrez, very glad to see a hemp grow on icamg!

corky1968

Veteran
I wish Seed Boutique stocked some authentic hemp cultivars.

One dioecious and one monoecious variety would be cool if added.

I can see some people buying them out of interest.

BTW: This is a good link about hemp.

Hemp Husbandry

Latest posts

Latest posts