What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help! wilting and yellowing leaves! :(

503Grower

hey guys so i recently moved my veg tent to an outdoor shed i have and after a couple days the only plant i have in there at the moment is wilting and turning yellow. is my room temp too low? am i watering too much?

this is when i just put them in their new environment
picture.php

The next day (yesterday)
picture.php

And this morning (7/8/2016)
picture.php

503Grower

thats what im thinking. and i believe you couldnt see the pictures cause i had the album on private. how about now? and thanks for the reply

503grower

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
New leaves twisted

New leaves twisted

When you see a problem with new leaves, you basically have two choices. Calcium and or boron. Often it is both.

If you don't have enough boron, calcium will not be taken up. That tell take claw look is pretty clear I would say.

Stems in the air and leaves drooping usually means over watering.

Most folks over water, this is typical of farmers and gardeners world wide. This is made worse when one has a calcium deficiency due to the lack of functional roots.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Twisting is indicative of a sudden change, I look at pH first, but we have no information..... Over watering will drown the roots and suffocate a plant due to low oxygen or none at all. Slow, yellow, droopy, spindly growth.... Could be something else. Lockout....I hate that term, Ca and just about any other element can become or remain unavailable to a plant for so many reasons....

OP?

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lockout

Lockout

Interesting concept lockout. Haven't heard that other than in this industry.

Given the look of that medium, it is a water sponge. It is summer in the US, you think cold could be a possibility in July?

Look how those leaves are drooping and the stems are in the air.

Over watering kills root tips before anything else. Unlike most other elements, calcium is only taken up by the root tips. Chances are calcium alone won't fix the problem until water is under control.

Questions: How often were you watering? When you water, do you water until the water runs out the bottom? Is cold a real possibility?

Tell us more!

503Grower

Thanks for all the quick replies guys.
i just recently transplanted from 3.5in pots to a gallon and moved the tent to an outside shed. temp went from about 70-80 in my house to 60-70 in the shed. i watered last night and two days before that. should i throw a small heater in the shed to bring the internal temp up?
also ive been using the gen organics bio nutes

503Grower

UPDATE: ok so i turned my exhaust fan on low and added a heater to the room to bring the internal temp of the whole shed up a few degrees. i did this last night and am hoping within the next couple of days they recover

these are photos of them this morning

chronosync

Well-stoned member
60 degrees is too cold......67 would be just fine. I'd say go easy on watering, only give them what they need. Don't let it get hot. They look OK :)

Zenocide

70 - 85f strictly

I find I have problems dipping below or above for extended periods.

Also for watering I find the pot lift test is best.

503Grower

60 degrees is too cold......67 would be just fine. I'd say go easy on watering, only give them what they need. Don't let it get hot. They look OK :)

thanks for the reply. ive got the temp at about 65-70 right now and i pulled the light up about 6-8 inches. hoping in about a week she comes back

Siever

Veteran
Claw can also mean you're feeding too much. Those yellow parts on the leaves make me think the same.
How much did you feed them?

corky1968

Veteran
Instead of just turning up the heat with a heater.
Add another light if you can and that will increase
the heat while making your plant happier.

Latest posts

Latest posts