What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Uk carpers????????

B

bigganjabud

Hi just wondered if any uk heads are carp fishermen aswell????

More specificly has anyone fished elphicks in kent?

Also what baits and rigs are you having success with this year (on any lake)

Dog Star

Veteran
What is elphicks anyway??... google for that term and i found some football player.. ;)

Carps are overrated as game fish... but i will love to go to USA and then catch Carps with bow and arows... i bet its pure adrenaline...

Here we made smoked Carps in Winter time and thats a maybe only way you can use this fish for some nice meal.

We catch on boillies those examples from 15-20-25 kg... bigger a better Carp it is important for final product,then kill him and clean gutt,scales,head and fins,

after that some huge filet knife and made 2 fillets but dont pull bones out,
in big plastic pot i put then a bit salt and its rubbed inside meat,

then comes drying a bit before smoking and then again some drying time,

after 2 weeks you have smoked Carp that is best to prepare inside owen but wraped in aluminium folium with some olive oil and cooked potato on side with butter and spices and herbs...

That is a way how i like those Carps... cause in this way they are comparable with best fish there... but like i says you need big examples for this sport..

he is after salting,smoking and drying for some time very good fish.

There is also recipe for Carp cobasse but i didnt made this... i love smoked Carp from
deep gravel lakes...

Dog Star

Veteran
Carp Zoom from Hungary have best boillies,first they work good and are very cheap
in comparision to other brands.

Their Carp Zoom Pop-Up Crab aroma 16 mm catched huge amount of very spooked fish
here on one very difficult water,they are reusable as one boillie you can have for few fishing trips.

If you have chance try those brand.. you can be suprised what this boillie can catch..

And from rigs i use flourocarbon as tieing material cause this lakes are very clear,fish is spooked and dont come much on hooks,very hard lake for fishing...

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
theres a reason the captains hands always smells like fish.... ARRR

sorry, just having a bit of FINDUS moment.. here in NL they call him Captain Igloo btw :D

indalo

Most fun way I catch carp in UK is on a bread float. 1/4 slice of sliced bread pressed onto your hook , dip your hook for 1-2 seconds to gain a bit of casting weight . Cast out and wait . Bit like float fishing , difference is you are watching your bait , not the float . Make sure it's got a mouth full before you strike . Tight lines

B

bigganjabud

Cheers everyone thanks for your inputs

My favourite bait is immitation floating dog biscuit
And some pedigree chum mixers

Love carp off the top

Im gonna try zigz for the first time next trip

Hopefully il have some pics to update soon

Captain igloo? Wtf?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
bow and arrow for carp in the usa is boring..no limits tho for most carp...I don't fish for carp cause I don't eat the bony bastards..boilies are the bait the Asians use mostly...yeehaw,,I use fluorocarbon line for most fishing ..learned about it way back in my florida flats fishing days ..permit .bonefish ,tarpon

B

bigganjabud

Yes stoned-trout wassapnin man yee-haw but in the uk we dont see them as a pest lol

We definitely dont eat them, we try and catch specimens
Like 50-60lbs fish

And yeah bro i use boileys aswell (depending on what lake im at) also we fish for catfish aswell but not like you nutters over there, we use rods and reels not fingers and thumbs YEE-HAW

Id love to get to fish tarpin, dorado, marlin all that good sport but i just cant atm

Gotta stick to lakes

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Caught a 26 pound catfish on that float once , my record freshwater fish

On my first evening on the Ebro here my friend hooked a 158 pounder, even with all the proper kit it took a 45 minute battle to land, a totally unforgettable experience, especially for the guys smoking mature outdoor sativas for the first time ever.... ;)

The river carp there are equally special, long sleek torpedoes, totally unlike the fat blubbery boilie fed blobs in UK lakes, likewise Dorada in the sea there, you would not believe the monster monster fight a little 200g tiddler puts up.

Pinetar

Here on the unsalted sea we sight fish them in the shallows. We use flyrods and big ole woole buggers, Wade the flats and cast to fish u can see. They are called Golden Bonefish, check out Grand Traverse Bay

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I got real bonefish here...the saltwater fishing is pretty good offshore..from shore not so much fun...I will be heading out for some yellowtail soon..yeehaw...biggest catfish here was like 100lbs ...no monsters like other places I have lived...got to go catch some bait tomorrow..anchovies,sardines,mackeral,ect

Pinetar

We caught an awful lot of carp on kernel corn when we were kids. Wow 60lb carp that must be fun to land, ours don't get that big

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Carp? you like carp?!
How's this for a big carp?!?:biggrin:
My best bud caught this carp in upstate N.Y.!

Attachments

• carp.jpg
    carp.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 40

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Carp? you like carp?!
How's this for a big carp?!?:biggrin:
My best bud caught this carp in upstate N.Y.!

Be nice if it were a carp.
We always saw them as trash fish. Seems the US is about the only country that doesn't eat them tho.
My grandmother did have a great recipe for them. Here it is

Carp on a Board-

1 large Carp
1 board-size dependent on size of Carp
Place Carp on board
1 bunch of assorted herbs of your choosing stuffed into the cavity of a cleaned and dressed Carp
Salt and pepper to your liking
Some lemon juice sprinkled inside and out
Some butter pieces inside and out

Put the Carp on a Board into a preheated 350 degree F oven
Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until fish flakes
When done, throw the carp away and eat the board
Enjoy

The Pheonix

get on the stiff hinged m8.... and use mainline pink salty squid pop ups.... :).. or if you want to scale down the pop up 10mm vortex or krill "the pink ones"

they have done the job for me this year :)

indalo

On my first evening on the Ebro here my friend hooked a 158 pounder, even with all the proper kit it took a 45 minute battle to land, a totally unforgettable experience, especially for the guys smoking mature outdoor sativas for the first time ever.... ;)

The river carp there are equally special, long sleek torpedoes, totally unlike the fat blubbery boilie fed blobs in UK lakes, likewise Dorada in the sea there, you would not believe the monster monster fight a little 200g tiddler puts up.

Would love to have a go at the Ebro . I could go with an angling club from Mojacar on their annual trip , but the company isn't quite right for me if you get my drift . You're right about the Doradas down here , lively little buggers , lol

B

bigganjabud

It does raise the question

Are most fishermen ganja heads????????