What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So Whats Your Favorite Root Additive??? Times Changed Apparently...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
So I've done some reading around (I'm sure you know why hahah shhhhh) and saw the Gold bottles of Roots Excelurator and read a thread about it and I hear it's crap now? Can it be my FAVORITE nutrient company lost the flagship product? I mean I had switched to Kangaroots and Micro Brew when I ran out on my last run and saw VERY similar results and I'll probably go back to using that. But if there is any cool new Root products good ol Urkle should check out please enlighten me.

oti$

Id like to know too, i uzed the silver bottle with great results, in fact it was one of vefy few of the snake oils that actually worked. The gold bottles no longer do the trick. Ive heard that the gh equivalent works, but so far its just hearsay as I've not tried a replacement

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea my boy at the hydro shop was saying last year that GH shit was pretty damn good so I'll check it out. Give Kangaroots and Micro Brew from Fox Farm a try I had VERY similar results as the RE silver...

BubbaBear

All the expensive rooting agents are basicly rooting hormones to stimulate root growth and beneficials to protect your roots. Dynagro KLN is a cheap source of rooting hormones and OG Biowar Root pack is the most concentrated form of beneficials geard toward protecting and stimulating root growth that im aware of, using it alone will give you impressive results but adding rooting hormones will blow your shit out. If you want to take it a step further a good cheap powdered enzyme can stimulate root growth and ward off pyth by eating dead root matter and assist in keeping your root zone clean, but if your consistent with Biowar teas you should have plenty of enzymes produced by the beneficials so theres no need to add enzymes.

BubbaBear

is IAA or IBA not supposed to be discontinued in flowering?? latest after stretch? i forgett

I was always under the impression they should both be cut out after the first couple weeks of flower. How ever im currently running MB ferts vitamin and hormone boost with excellent results that contains IBA and is designed to be used all the way thru flower, so l guess IBA in small amounts is beneficial for fower.

Dkgrower

Veteran
give em some extra P in the first week in combination with good conditions prevailing in the medium used for rooting, temperatur-porosity and moister level are the most important things.

HiFiGanja

If you are looking for good beneficial's that check out Benefox from Dominion Organic http://dominionorganics.net/our-products/benefox/. AN even aproached the guy years ago to get the recipe to ti which I belive they wanted for Voodoo juice. He said no...

What I like is you can get him on the phone directly and get quality answers about the products since he himself designs and brews them.

V_MAN

It does seem like most are very similar, well from what I have seen and checked IE smells and colour. So in the end I guess it goes down to what's cheaper? Roots exel sure isn't cheap haha. I'm currently using root stimulator from B.A.C and it seems to be doing really well, you only need to use 1 to 2 ml per 10 ltrs for the first three weeks.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
I foliar spray Rhizotonic @ 7.5 ml/gallon rate...mucho cheaper, and IMHO 10x better than root feeding. In other words, I do not root feed my plants with Rhizotonic--I foliar spray only. As a result, the baby 250ml bottle of Rhizotonic lasts me well over 2 years and I run a "production" operation.

Sooo, each week I add 1.25ml of Rhizotonic to spray bottle with 21 ounces of water and spray daily dozens of baby/juvenile plants (those that need root growth)...times 52 weeks equates to about 65ml per year (1.25ml X 52). Yep, the baby bottle lasts me a few years.