What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vote NO to legalize cannabis....Or else

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggyballs

Veteran
I know your thinkin' Vote NO on legalizing cannabis WTF???
BUT
Read carefully and you may see things just a little differently!

If cannabis is legal you will not be able to provide yourself with medicine.

Legalization where people still cant grow on their own & can still go to jail. that means fake/pseudo 'legaliztion'.

7 good reasons below to get you to think about voting NO before it is too late!
These are all informative links below
Legalization in Canada, how are things there now?

Why was cannabis made illegal?

Monsanto Poised To Take Over Commercial Cannabis Growing In All Legal States!

Building the Walmart of Weed. featuring GrowOp Tech.

Hiring commercial growers at a starting annual salary of $35,000.

Trailer full of weed stolen by cannabis guru!

The same people that sent you to prison for pot, will now sell pot to you!

You will be force to pay top dollar for whatever the state approved grower wants to grow and all the competition is gone so he will not have to provide a quality product if he so chooses.

It has already started!!

Seed Vault Takeover

In Washington, Nevada,Massachusetts, and Colorado and many others!

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1158

What about in Canada?

We are next!
Canada - Government Threatens To Share Medicinal Marijuana Patient Information
Health Canada has warned it will share with law enforcement the private information of citizens in lawful possession of medicinal marijuana unless they comply with a new order within six weeks’ time. Today (March 14), the federal government posted a notice online stating that medicinal-marijuana licence holders are required to destroy all marijuana they have and provide written notice stating that they “no longer possess marijuana (dried marijuana, plants or seeds) obtained under the old program”.

“If participants do not comply with the requirement to notify Health Canada, the Department will notify law enforcement,” the release states. License holders have until April 30, 2014, to meet the terms of the order. Another Health Canada website provides vague details on the consequences of not complying with the new directive. "The Department will take compliance and enforcement action," it states. "This includes informing law enforcement of your failure to notify Health Canada as required under section 259.3 of the MMPR. In addition, the Department will continue to cooperate with police, and provide information needed to protect public safety, as appropriate." A “notification form” is available for download on the Health Canada website. There are more than 16,500 British Columbians licensed to possess medicinal marijuana. When the Conservatives’ new Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulation takes effect on April 1, license holders will only be allowed to purchase dried cannabis via mail order.

The Health Canada directive issued today—on a Friday afternoon when government officials know media outlets are least likely to report it—contradicts information included in a September 2013 briefing note prepared for B.C. Attorney General and Minister of Justice Suzanne Anton. “Health Canada, citing privacy concerns, does not intend to disclose the addresses of former licensed grow operations once they are no longer permitted to legally grow marijuana,” that memo states. It’s unclear what has changed that has led Health Canada to believe it can turn over the information of citizens licensed to possess medicinal marijuana without violating individuals’ privacy.

For months, Health Canada has refused the Georgia Straight’s repeated requests for an interview on the topic of the new rules governing medicinal marijuana. A message left today requesting clarification on the March 14 notice was not returned. In a media release, Sensible B.C. campaign director Dana Larsen called for demonstrations against the Health Canada order. “Patients across Canada registered with Health Canada in good faith, to protect themselves against arrest for cultivating their own medicine,” Larsen said in the release. “Now they are being threatened with police action if they don’t destroy their perfectly good medication.”

Stay aware!!
Or suffer the consequence.

shag

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
Don't be Absorbed!!!!

No one here in this post believes anything, unless you have 3 witnesses and 2 or more universities, willing to collaborate your story.... ya know!

Could this happen in the future of YOUR STATE?

(been looking for this)
Click below
MSNBC NEWS REPORTS Michigan has no constitution ?

But you have to be the judge !
Ask yourself could this happen here?

When you think your laws are safe cast in concrete, next thing you know here comes the jackhammer.

Please view the video, for the sake of all rights, for all people!:tiphat:

Last edited:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Why did you post this in every single state forum?

Everyone, please vote YES on any legalization amendment you can. As it stands right now, people are going to jail for simple possession. Let's go ahead and fix that real quick... THEN we can worry about whatever it is that people are worrying about OTHER than innocent people going to jail for dried flowers.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Vote YES, progress comes in steps, don't be greedy. Perfect legalization may not be a single step. Hush is dead on, once herb is legal to carry and smoke, the fight to legalize home growing will be much more easy.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Im not down with full boat legalization either. I am seeing even with medical, the small time, average grower is being pushed out, and priced out thru exorbitant fees for licensing.
Currently we are seeing private caregivers forced out of the game to make way for giant weed farms. I believe in weed freedom and no one should ever go to jail for weed, but this is quickly becoming a rich mans game, Dr's, Lawyers, Ex-Cops, Ex Politicians, these are the new face of weed if things continue the way they are.

All of the people that have made weed what it is today, the growers working tirelessly underground to fuel the movement, well the states will take a huge shit right on your heads and not think twice. And home growing will still be illegal if you cant afford to pay them thousands of dollars for taxes and fees, so what kind of progress is that. Just so you can go down to 7-11 and buy a bag, whoopty freakin doo, I dont buy weed, to me my right to grow and provide for others is much more important than any of that.

P.S your threads would carry more weight if you dont post 10,000 of them, that will just get you banned for spamming.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
^ All those things are valid points, but this quote stands out to me:

And home growing will still be illegal if you cant afford to pay them thousands of dollars for taxes and fees, so what kind of progress is that.

Home growing is illegal right now for the majority of people in the U.S. and beyond, so it seems to me you are focusing on the wrong part of the story? People would immediately stop being sent to jail for possession if things are legalized. Immediately. Why isn't that more important than growers' profits? Let's legalize first, end the incarceration, and THEN work on maximizing profit.

Also, what you describe are the same kind of hoops anyone has to jump through to start up a business of any kind in this country. That's how it works in a capitalist society. You pay taxes and fees and more taxes.

DO be absorbed.

The medical marijuana initiatives were just plain bad medicine. With it legalized you may have to look for a new dispensary again but the techniques are all the same. The only differences are you'll pay more and you'll get a higher quality product in terms of QA and testing.

Right now the medical market's all bs and hype, not scientific minds working on experimental treatments. It's turning in to businessmen pushing bs and hype as much as possible and hiring scientists only when absolutely required. Seems about a wash to me if you just don't care whether your weed is moldy (gotten moldy weed from 3 local dispensaries so far - that won't be flyin).

shaggyballs

Veteran
You are asking people to let the government decide From who they get their medicine from?? REALLY???
So what you are saying is give up your right to grow your own medicine and give complete control to the government.

Tell me please how can any good come of this????

Decriminalization should be the goal!!!
The answer is definitely not to let the government have complete control!

Did you read the links from the people experiencing this first hand?
Do you really feel you are more informed then them?

Please fine Sir.....Do your research before you decide.

Just look at the real world evidence!!!!
Is this what you stand for??
Really ??
Really??

Do you really feel the government needs more power over our medicine?
And Why??

You can keep people out of jail for cannabis many many other(better) ways!

Rethink this and do the research ...Please for yourself and the rest of us!!

I posted in all the state forums so that all states will hear the news!
Freedom of information........An informed public will make the appropriate decisions!

Good luck with you government supplied GACK!!
That you just paid $600 for and it may or may not even be effective for you!

Me I choose to grow my own so I can customize my medicine to suite my ailments!

Oh and by the way...People will still go to jail if they don't obtain their medicine from the government.

How will this solve any problems we face currently?

Do your research....... Please for the good of all!!!

Best wishes
Shag

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
^ All those things are valid points, but this quote stands out to me:

Home growing is illegal right now for the majority of people in the U.S. and beyond, so it seems to me you are focusing on the wrong part of the story? People would immediately stop being sent to jail for possession if things are legalized. Immediately. Why isn't that more important than growers' profits? Let's legalize first, end the incarceration, and THEN work on maximizing profit.

Also, what you describe are the same kind of hoops anyone has to jump through to start up a business of any kind in this country. That's how it works in a capitalist society. You pay taxes and fees and more taxes.

Well Hush if you want to get technical many people do not necessarily go to jail for growing weed, in many states they just get probation. So the way you put it nothing is gained what so ever. Also in many states herb has been decriminalized so there is nothing more than a civil infraction issued when found in pocession, that civil infraction is much less than you would even pay in taxes buying your weed legally, then again, nothing gained.

Also, you can start up many kinds of businesses without having to pay the state thousands, perhaps even a million dollars or more to do so in licensing fees. But in the weed industry it is not uncommon for the states to ask for hundreds and thousands of dollars in licensing fees just for the right to open a business, that does not include the money needed to actually open the business, and then many of them are forced to work as non profit.

Also, who says people will stop being sent to jail, if you do not play by the system I am sure they will still punish you. Get caught growing without paying the states what they want and Im sure they will put you thru the wringer. They dont need you, when they already have millionaire business men willing to pay them what ever they want.

At the end of it all not much has been gained overall, except now you can go to the weed store and buy some beasters.

shaggyballs

Veteran
DO be absorbed.

The medical marijuana initiatives were just plain bad medicine. With it legalized you may have to look for a new dispensary again but the techniques are all the same. The only differences are you'll pay more and you'll get a higher quality product in terms of QA and testing.

Right now the medical market's all bs and hype, not scientific minds working on experimental treatments. It's turning in to businessmen pushing bs and hype as much as possible and hiring scientists only when absolutely required. Seems about a wash to me if you just don't care whether your weed is moldy (gotten moldy weed from 3 local dispensaries so far - that won't be flyin).

I take it you grow moldy weed for yourself.
Who better to do quality control than the person consuming it.
What you suggest is to let walmart decide what kind of cannabis I use.

And when big companies have control you always get a better product at a lower price???

Have you heard of the word monopoly?

Don't know about you but the dispenseries around here supply junk at high dollar prices.

If that is what your after than you can have it.

Me I say leave my medicine alone.
Decriminalize!!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
can we grow tobacco without federal permits?

^ No. And any business that involves plants, whether it is a nursery, or a farm, or a garden retail center, is required to pay lots of money annually for inspections and fees and taxes. There's no getting around that. Go hang around the gardenweb forums and look and see how many small-time gardeners are complaining about how all the inspections and fees are preventing them from being able to open their own business, while the big box stores are thriving. It's because government regulations require the same amount of money from any business for these inspections... doesn't matter if you're Walmart or some little old lady, you have to pay the same amounts of money.

Everyone would be better suited fighting the government's regulations on the agriculture industries instead of conspiring to keep cannabis illegal.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
^ No. And any business that involves plants, whether it is a nursery, or a farm, or a garden retail center, is required to pay lots of money annually for inspections and fees and taxes. There's no getting around that. Go hang around the gardenweb forums and look and see how many small-time gardeners are complaining about how all the inspections and fees are preventing them from being able to open their own business, while the big box stores are thriving. It's because government regulations require the same amount of money from any business for these inspections... doesn't matter if you're Walmart or some little old lady, you have to pay the same amounts of money.

Everyone would be better suited fighting the government's regulations on the agriculture industries instead of conspiring to keep cannabis illegal.

I guess what we can take from this is that they have already lost their rights, and we stand to do the same if we do not learn from their mistakes. Maybe it's not the best strategy to jump at the first deal that's put on the table, they look at us like a bunch of stupid stoners, why prove them right.

They know this commodity is worth billions, that's why they are salivating at the thought of taking it over and controlling it. If they could do anything right I might give them the benefit of the doubt but just look at the crippled economy and the billion dollar obamacare fiasco, proof positive they suck. They look at Marijuana as the next big bail out, it's not that they actually care if you get to smoke or grow weed they just want you to pay taxes on it.

In response to your earlier post, I just went on a dispensary crawl through Denver last week. I stand by it. There are businessmen with no growing experience in the business and growers with lots of experience in the business. The businessmen can put out B grade at prices that are pretty close to what they are now. The old heads put out A grade and charge out the backside for it. The difference in WA is that it ALL has to be tested so if you know the active chemicals you're looking for in your medicine you won't have a problem finding them. It's marked on the front of the bag. That's what makes the biggest difference to me - can I get something that will fill my needs at a comparable price? I think I'll be able to.

As far as government having more power over our medicine, I don't much care either way. Not a big fan of the taxes but I think the mandatory independent testing will do wonders for treatment purposes. I DO want doctors to have more power over our medicine.

I take it you grow moldy weed for yourself.
Who better to do quality control than the person consuming it.
What you suggest is to let walmart decide what kind of cannabis I use.

And when big companies have control you always get a better product at a lower price???

Have you heard of the word monopoly?

Don't know about you but the dispenseries around here supply junk at high dollar prices.

If that is what your after than you can have it.

Me I say leave my medicine alone.
Decriminalize!!

Uh, few things. First and most important I worded strongly but I have nothing against you guys personally. I enjoy spirited debate and would hope you all take my difference of opinion in that light.

1. The point of quality control is that the quality is good before it gets to the consumer. I think we have an irreconcilable difference if you believe hobbyists can produce the same results as professionals in any field.

2. The price is going to be worse. No argument there. If you can do it for yourself it's always going to be cheaper. The problem isn't people growing some plants for themselves, it's people claiming they need 3/4 lb per month for "medical purposes," growing more than that already ridiculously high bar, and then selling the difference. You're not allowed to sell any other personal prescription in this country.

Plus, you know, you'd think if patients were really growing for specific conditions they'd welcome the opportunity to buy medicine that has a guaranteed content analysis proving it will work for their condition. So much resistance against that makes me think a lot of patients aren't really hurting. Instead what I see at dispensaries are commercial varieties for miles. High potency, low medical benefit weed is ALL people seem interested in. If they actually are after medicine why aren't they buying medicine? I go to buy my damned medicine and they can't stock it because there's no demand for marijuana with fucking anti-inflammatory properties. Not bitter or anything. Oh no. I love being in constant pain. But I'll believe that more than about 10% of the patients in my state actually need their card and aren't just getting it for financial or egotistical reasons when pigs fly.

3. No monopolies are allowed in my state and competition between growers is intense. Even current dispensaries won't buy truly bad weed, but the stuff that's on the top shelf at local dispensaries is grown by professional growers, not hobbyists. The difference in the finished product between the two is plain as day. And for what it's worth, anyway, in most of WA as far as I've seen the quality at local dispensaries is much better than it was a couple years ago. Most stores have selections I'd consider "B" grade. Worse than I could make myself but not by as much as it used to be.

4. All I'm after is treating my pain with as little functional impairment from the medicine I have to use as possible. The current dispensary system in my state is not meeting that need.

Last edited:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Yes, the real problem here is government and big-business sucking each others dicks. Money buys legislation. So big business has lobbied for all sorts of fees and inspections and so forth that they know the average person can't afford, yet is chump change to them. That is a much bigger conversation than we are having here.

I am not out to change anyone's views, because I've learned how tenaciously people cling to theirs... but at least let all the information be put forth: As of right now, it is illegal, in WAY more places than it's not, and people are going to jail for not only growing it but possessing the end product as well... so if we allow for legalization, all that will happen is people will stop going to jail for it. Of course, the big picture wouldn't be fixed yet... but it would be, unarguably, a step forward. The only way to see it otherwise is to focus on how legalization will cut into my homegrown profits. I can't see any other way that this reasoning would compute?

Hank Hemp

Veteran
I just want to grow me enough reefer for my Old Lady and me. If I could grow just a few out of doors I wouldn't have to grow indoors. Wait a minute, I'm preaching to the choir ain't I. Bottom line is I want the copters to not be a cause for concern. Know what I mean?

shaggyballs

Veteran
In response to your earlier post, I just went on a dispensary crawl through Denver last week. I stand by it. There are businessmen with no growing experience in the business and growers with lots of experience in the business.
The people in CO. that are given a license to grow because they have demonstrated impeccable growing skill or they got appointed by someone they paid off! You are calling them professional growers.Check out who is growing legal cannabis in CO. then you decide.
The businessmen can put out B grade at prices that are pretty close to what they are now. The old heads put out A grade and charge out the backside for it.
So you say lower quality for less is a good thing?
I know people that will sell ya all the dirt weed you are willing to buy.CHEAP

The difference in WA is that it ALL has to be tested so if you know the active chemicals you're looking for in your medicine you won't have a problem finding them.
I am all for testing (but we can't get accurate results from them now...how will legalization change that?)
It's marked on the front of the bag. That's what makes the biggest difference to me -So if the government says it is safe than you trust them???
We see how well that works in the pharmaceutical industry.(new lawsuits against drug manufacturers every day.You would put you faith in those people??really??

can I get something that will fill my needs at a comparable price? I think I'll be able to.

In Canada you get what they send in the mail you and if you don't like it they take your license away!!
So I guess you are saying you will accept anything just as long as it is legal.

As far as government having more power over our medicine, I don't much care either way. Not a big fan of the taxes but I think the mandatory independent testing will do wonders for treatment purposes.
The fix for this is simple...just don't purchase it if it was not tested. Or have it tested yourself.
The law shouldn't need to be changed ...if 1 place tests their product then shop there if it is not tested keep on moving!
My stuff I grow for myself,I have no worries about,cause I grew it for myself!!!Do you really think the government won't lie??Really??

I DO want doctors to have more power over our medicine.
I personally want to be in complete charge of all thing I put in my body! Not a government agency!

I love my country but fear my government(cameras everywhere are for your safety??

Uh, few things. First and most important I worded strongly but I have nothing against you guys personally. I enjoy spirited debate and would hope you all take my difference of opinion in that light.

1. The point of quality control is that the quality is good before it gets to the consumer. I think we have an irreconcilable difference if you believe hobbyists can produce the same results as professionals in any field.

You think this is true??
You think you get a healthier product from a professional chicken farm??
They grow chickens with no beaks pump them full of nasty chemicals and sit in a tiny cage till death!

A farmer or hobbyist as you call them would not tollerate such action!

So called professionals in the beef industry are responsible for pink slime!!

Are you really suggesting we trust these type of people implicitly?

2. The price is going to be worse. No argument there. If you can do it for yourself it's always going to be cheaper. The problem isn't people growing some plants for themselves, it's people claiming they need 3/4 lb per month for "medical purposes," growing more than that already ridiculously high bar, and then selling the difference. You're not allowed to sell any other personal prescription in this country.

I don't agree with this practice either.
And this effects you personally how??

Plus, you know, you'd think if patients were really growing for specific conditions they'd welcome the opportunity to buy medicine that has a guaranteed content analysis proving it will work for their condition. Again I am all for voluntary testing. So much resistance against that makes me think a lot of patients aren't really hurting. Instead what I see at dispensaries are commercial varieties for miles. High potency, low medical benefit weed is ALL people seem interested in. If they actually are after medicine why aren't they buying medicine?Ya I know Vicodine is the way to go not addicting or harmful. I go to buy my damned medicine and they can't stock it because there's no demand for marijuana with fucking anti-inflammatory properties. Not bitter or anything. Oh no. I love being in constant pain. But I'll believe that more than about 10% of the patients in my state actually need their card and aren't just getting it for financial or egotistical reasons when pigs fly.

So your concern is mostly that others are not doing that they should not be.

3. No monopolies are allowed in my state and competition between growers is intense.I was under the impression that growers were appointed in CO. Even current dispensaries won't buy truly bad weed, but the stuff that's on the top shelf at local dispensaries is grown by professional growers, not hobbyists.How can you be sure they are professionals?? did you see their credentials? If not you are speculating!The difference in the finished product between the two is plain as day. And for what it's worth, anyway, in most of WA as far as I've seen the quality at local dispensaries is much better than it was a couple years ago. Most stores have selections I'd consider "B" grade. If you don't like the selection at any store beer store or otherwise go to another one and soon the place with poor selection will go out of business. Just like any company in the real world! Worse than I could make myself but not by as much as it used to be.

4. All I'm after is treating my pain with as little functional impairment from the medicine I have to use as possible. The current dispensary system in my state is not meeting that need.

It is funny you say that I am meeting my own need just fine but you want the government to change things for me...so it will suite your needs better!

Just listen to the way that sounds.

iBogart

Veteran
The horse is dead on this debate. It has to be.

The simple answer is regulate it like alcohol. Done. Now everybody get busy!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I sometimes wonder how many of the bootlegger gangsters back in 1933 were going around telling people to "vote NO on amendment 21."

Status
Not open for further replies.