What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

super cropping to increase yield??

gr866

Veteran
Super Cropping a Vertical Grow

Super Cropping a Vertical Grow

I hope I am not missing this.
Can you use super cropping in a vertical grow? I would think that if you are tying the stems to a screen that you could super crop them, say 2 nodes up the stem, and then tie them. Would that not stimulate the nodes beyond that point to grow more. I ended up accidently SC one plant during my last grow, the main stem about half way up the plant.

This is a pic of the full plant.

And this is a pic of just the section of the plant that was effected by the point beyond SC'ing.

Even though I fucked this grow, I think the super cropped plant was larger and more full than it sister.
Looking at the entire plant I think both the stems beyond the SC and the stems below the the SC point benefited. The stem above benefited more from the SC.

I guess my question is, after all this drug induced rambling, where would the stems benefit the most from SC just off the main stem or SC more toward the end of the stem?

GR

Latest posts

Latest posts