What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Olivetol?

StevenSteve

"The substance olivetol is found to be naturally present in certain species of lichens. This is a property it shares with the cannabis plant, which internally produces the related substance olivetolic acid (before using it to biosynthesise tetrahydrocannabinol (THC))." - Wikipedia (Lichen)

Anybody know any information on this compound? olivetol or olivetolic acid?

Olivetolic acid (along with GPP) is one of the initial precursors of the pathways (DOXP/MEP & PKS) to form CBGA (parent molecule of THCA, CBDA, etc). Here are some articles.

Attachments

• Flores Sanchez - PKS activities and biosynthesis of cannabinoids.pdf
    261 KB · Views: 84
  • Taura - Phytocannabinoids in cannabis and biosynthetic enzymes.pdf
    517.9 KB · Views: 548
  • Taura_OlivetolSynthaseNPolyketideSynthease.pdf
    489.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Hole 12 6/23. One of the new holes, My revenge for wife of my youth ripping my roses up last year. T
    Hole 12 6/23. One of the new holes, My revenge for wife of my youth ripping my roses up last year. T
    40.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Stout - hexanoyl CoA precursor of CB synthesis.pdf
    594.6 KB · Views: 88

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
What do you want to do with it?
If you're thinking about feeding lichen to your plants to increase cannabinoids: it won't work because cannabis requires olivetolic acid and can't do anything (we know of) with olivetol.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Chimera mentioned on a Livestream a while ago that increasing precursors did not yield more or less cannabinoid content. Olivetol included. I've thought about it but that put the nail in the coffin for me.

The way it's produced naturally in the plant is occurring when you have fungus and bacteria doing their thing and symbiotically feeding each other as they do. The metabolite that is secreted during that exchange is what becomes olivetol/olivetolic acid if I'm not mistaken. If you have healthy and thriving roots and colonies you've already done your best in this regard. It may also be that products which contain glomus mossae performs essentially the same task/function

hyposomniac

From pubchem:
Olivetolic acid is a member of the class of benzoic acids that is salicylic acid in which the hydrogens ortho- and para- to the carboxy group are replaced by a pentyl and a hydroxy group, respectively.

Spinme

Olivetol

Olivetol

Used in the synth of thc and analogs... Using ruthenium as a catalyst... This is pretty easy synthesis.
Mushrooms can 4 hydroxylate tryptamines and their precursors to 4 hydroxylate dmt and analogs.
I wonder if you could use this as a feedstock somehow to increase the synthesis within the plant. ......

Spinme

Olivetol

Olivetol

Used in the synth of thc and analogs... Using ruthenium as a catalyst... This is pretty easy synthesis.
Mushrooms can 4 hydroxylate tryptamines and their precursors to 4 hydroxylate dmt and analogs.
I wonder if you could use this as a feedstock somehow to increase the synthesis within the plant. ......