What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making a Medicial Marijuana Friendly PGR Regimen

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is so much info here. Pretty sure i looked through this whole thing maybe i missed something but did dizzle say which one reduced stretch the most? Brassinolide?

Dkgrower

Veteran
Did u miss out on the fact that you really dont need all these complex formulations to grow good weed -

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^no prick, if u look at any of my threads u can see clearly, I'm capable. Might learn a thing or two while you're at it. Probably far beyond your knowledge or capability. Pardon me for trying to learn. Ill stick with my advanced education on the subject. Go troll noob threads punk. Telling someone to not try and understand complex things is like telling someone that learning is dumb, only dumb people say stuff like that. Please delete your account. We only need people who add to the understanding of this plant, like the guy on here posting complex things you cant even begin to understand.

shaggyballs

Veteran
I was thinking of adding
Brassinolide......0.0001 PPM
Benzylaminopurine...0.001 PPM
Indole-3-Acetic Acid ....... 0.3 PPM
to make a RTU clone solution.
Sooooo........

I thought I would get an opinion from someone who actually knows what they are doing!!!!!
What would Dizzle do??????

any opinions??

Bongstar420

I do not know why you are spraying JAZ. You can simply find another type (its very common) of plant which will synthesize multiple jasmonates and continuously release them into the atmosphere. That way you could benefit from the hormone effect without having to increase moisture exposure or residue levels. I only see jasmonates as attractive for terpene production. I do not seem to have problems with THC/resin production. I think youd find better results with lighting quality and genetic composition.

I've tried many PGR. At the end of the day I have decided to opt for good genetics. Ive seen only yield/quality decreases from hormones on good genetics. They are good for subpar genetics though (the stuff I now throw away). Either get good stuff to begin with or keep about 1/50 plants. Ive got plants developed from bag seed that will outperform half of the stuff on the market, but I grew out several hundred seedlings from multiple generations and kept like 3....

Your mite control strategy is compromising the quality of your harvest. The best control is to not have any observable mites by mid flower. Pest problems are almost entirely due to the grower's lack of proper attention. I've got plenty of experience with managing these things in the grow room and in multiple species of agricultural crops (I've worked 5 seasons with a pest consultant in a world agricultural center with Hops being the most relevant). I have a technique to take care of attention lapses with respect to mites, but I am not privy to state it on a public forum since I am trying to be an industry producer and competition is going to be fierce. The technique will not leave a testable residue (one that would be discernible from normal plant constituents) and could theoretically be used up to harvest. I also have a nuke option that can be used up to early flower which will exert 99% kill on first application that will not leave a testable residue. Ironically, the toxicity to hominids is very low and it will actually brighten your mood. I could share what it is, but I need to hear things like, "I dont want to make money growing plants", "I dont live in your region", or "Id be willing to sign a non-competition agreement in addition to a non-disclosure agreement with respects to shared proprietary information with specified penalties." I will tell you, though, that you are partially there already with your established method.

Here is a trick for those who wish to play with IAA> Just feed a few milligrams of Tryptophan in the nutrient solution. Do not bother with purchasing inoculants since the probability of an IAA synthesizing microbe randomly being present is quite high. If you wish for the organic way...Wheat straw tea or PPE. Be careful though. Tryptophan and Wheat straw will fuck your crop up just as bad as IAA if over applied. Tryptophan and Wheat have the advantage of prolonged release (usually on the order of a 1-3 weeks). According to the best of my ability to figure, root hormones exert their benefits at about 1-2 weeks before flower/fruit induction or at transplant (preferably at 1-2wk before fruit/flower induction). Applications outside of those two parameters do not yield statistically relevant results according to all the research of multiple species that I have been able to evaluate. If you've got findings that contradict that statement, Id like to hear about it.

Cayenne

I do not know why you are spraying JAZ. You can simply find another type (its very common) of plant which will synthesize multiple jasmonates and continuously release them into the atmosphere. That way you could benefit from the hormone effect without having to increase moisture exposure or residue levels. I only see jasmonates as attractive for terpene production. I do not seem to have problems with THC/resin production. I think youd find better results with lighting quality and genetic composition.

I've tried many PGR. At the end of the day I have decided to opt for good genetics. Ive seen only yield/quality decreases from hormones on good genetics. They are good for subpar genetics though (the stuff I now throw away). Either get good stuff to begin with or keep about 1/50 plants. Ive got plants developed from bag seed that will outperform half of the stuff on the market, but I grew out several hundred seedlings from multiple generations and kept like 3....

The genetics of the plant and the environment do play a huge role in yield, however; hormones do not as you claim cause the plant to have altered genetics, the hormones are simply causing the plant to express different traits. depending on which PGRs you are using in particular they will indeed decrease yield. To my knowledge increasing the levels of cytokins will increase resin production and decrease yield. As far as what you said about bag seed plants that will outperform anything on the market and what you said about PGRs it causes me to believe that you are lacking what this thread is all about, and that is a "friendly" regimen in which PGRs may be applied. Stay sassy and carry on my fellow student of advanced growing science!

Cayenne

any opinions??

If in an alternate universe parallel to ours and Dizzlekush were you, i would imagine he would probably conduct a side by side experiment containing different amounts of the ingredients you had listed in various test groups comparing against a control with your hypothesis in mind after which i would imagine you would record and publish your findings on ICmag.

shaggyballs

Veteran
If in an alternate universe parallel to ours and Dizzlekush were you, i would imagine he would probably conduct a side by side experiment containing different amounts of the ingredients you had listed in various test groups comparing against a control with your hypothesis in mind after which i would imagine you would record and publish your findings on ICmag.
Thank you for at least acknowledging my post.

Ya I hear what your saying!!!!!
You think I should figure it out myself,That is exactly what I am trying to do.:biggrin:

I was just hoping to get a little background info from someone that already went down that road.
(save a little leg work so to speak)
Maybe save a little time also.

If you were traveling down a long long road only to find the bridge out at the other end.
Would you not tell the unsuspecting drivers of their fate if they continue...or would you just laugh and say that dumb ass has no clue what he is about to encounter.
I find it counterproductive to hold back known information learned from putting in hard work and time.....Just to watch the person drive to the roadblock and back.

I was under the impression that this forum was set up to share the huge amount of knowledge stored up in all the brains of the world.

I thought we all had one common goal?

Oh.. and I was not looking for a hand out!!!!
Or someone to try it for me.
Just an opinion!!!!
From someone with a greater knowledge than I on the subject.
I guess that was a stretch.

Thank you very much for your valuable time.
Shag

"Any who wish to profit himself alone from the knowledge given him, rather than serve others through the knowledge he has gained from learning, is betraying knowledge and rendering it worthless"

Cayenne

Thank you for at least acknowledging my post.
I was under the impression that this forum was set up to share the huge amount of knowledge stored up in all the brains of the world.

I thought we all had one common goal?

Oh.. and I was not looking for a hand out!!!!
Or someone to try it for me.
Just an opinion!!!!
From someone with a greater knowledge than I on the subject.
I guess that was a stretch.

Thank you very much for your valuable time.
Shag

To my knowledge, when i had told you what Dizzle would do, i was speaking from my observations of his behavior during the testing of the desired ppm range of triacontinol. When i replied i was only trying to help. Had i the resources, I would be happy to assist you in conducting your experiment; however, I currently do not possess any of the PGRs not listed in your recipe.

"Brassinolide......0.0001 PPM
Indole-3-Acetic Acid ....... 0.3 PPM"

shaggyballs

Veteran
To my knowledge, when i had told you what Dizzle would do, i was speaking from my observations of his behavior during the testing of the desired ppm range of triacontinol. When i replied i was only trying to help. Had i the resources, I would be happy to assist you in conducting your experiment; however, I currently do not possess any of the PGRs not listed in your recipe.

"Brassinolide......0.0001 PPM
Indole-3-Acetic Acid ....... 0.3 PPM"

I understand completely.

:woohoo:You even sounded a bit like him. :woohoo:

The guy is very smart..just busy I guess.
Thanks for the Pm
Time to set this town ablaze!
:smoke out:.........:smoke out:..:smoke out:..

Should I post my Plant Hormone Feed Schedule here Shaggy ?
The one that I posted in Omera1's Thread: Brassinosteroid functions in a broad range of disease resistance.

"I was under the impression that this forum was set up to share the huge amount of knowledge stored up in all the brains of the world.
"

It is to my understanding. That's how I treat this forum, Give information freely!

Peace.

My Plant Growth Hormone (PGH) & Plant Growth Stimulant (PGS) FEED SCHEDULE

My Plant Growth Hormone (PGH) & Plant Growth Stimulant (PGS) FEED SCHEDULE

This is a collection of data that Iv'e made over the past 6 months on what I thought would be useful to growing better Cannabis using Plant hormones & Plant Growth Stimulants.
:biggrin:
Every 14 days for plant hormones.
............................................................................................................................

Kelpak Auxin (IAA): 1st January then every 14 days until flower.
Switch to Nutri-Kelp Powder - Ascophyllum Nodosum Cytokinin until 2
weeks before harvest.
...............................................................................................
Triacontanol w/v 2.5%: Use as foliar spray at 0.125 ml per 1.5
liter's of water every 6th day in veg & every 3rd day in flower
until harvest, safe on food crops until harvest.

Application Rates of Triacontanol:
8 ml per 100 L
4 ml per 50 L
2 ml per 25 L
1 ml per 12.5 L
0.75 ml per 9.375 L
0.5 ml per 6.25 L
0.25 ml per 3.125 L
0.125 ml per 1.5625 L
&
0.100 ml per 1 L

..................................................................................................
(Semi-Synthetic Cytokinin) Kinetin (6-Furfurylaminopurine): Active
in the 1-10 PPM 0.8 PPM kinetin range. Best suited to be used on
seedlings & younger plants during the first month of vegetative
growth, where 6-Benzylaminopurine is better suited for applications
during later stages of growth and flowering / fruiting.
May interfere with femaleness in diecious plants?
NEW.

...............................................................................................
Kelpak Auxin (IAA): 6th January then every 14 days until flower.
Switch to Nutri-Kelp Powder - Ascophyllum nodosum Cytokinin until 2
weeks before harvest.

................................................................................................................
Brassinolide @ 0.15% Purity (BL): Use all through vegetative period
every 14 to 21 days & (1) or (2) times in flowering period (1st)
application: Flower Initiation & then (2nd) application at the 4th
week of flowering at application rates of 0.1 PPM to 0.15 PPM,
depending on how much stretch you want. Another application rate is
adding 0.1 grams of 0.15% Brassinolide to 2 liter's of water, achieving a 0.075 PPM.
Works with Auxin (IAA).
NEW.

.................................................................................................................
Harpin Alpha Beta Protein (Halo): Mixg HALO in water at a dilution
rate of 10 ml per liter of water and apply with a sprayer. A
HALO 2.5 g soluble sachet will give maximum benefit when mixed with
500 ml of water. Mixed in 1 liter of water it will be less
concentrated but still offer great results. In general apply at the
start of flower & every 2 weeks through flower and once during the
last week. Apply twice in veg in dilute amounts, quarter to half strength.
Harpin protein stimulates Jasmonic acid. Activates (SAR), systemic acquired resistance, in plants. Edible crops can be sprayed right
up to the day of harvest.
Synergism with Chitosan. & (Salicylic Acid, Not needed).
NEW.

..................................................................................................................................
Chitosan Oligosaccharide (Poly-(D)glucosamine): Used as foliar spray at 100 ppm in flower
from week 2 through to week 4. Like Methyl Jasmonate but weaker in producing SAR effect & less terpene stimulation or a different stimulation but is a fact that methyl jasmonate increases limonene in Cannabis & decreases others like Pinene.
Side note:
"1 Gram goes very far, 3 years potentially, use in homeopathic
doses."
NEW.

....................................................................................................................
(Synthetic Cytokinin) 6-Benzylaminopurine (6-BAP): Used as a foliar
Spray at rates of 0.1 g to 0.3 g per 1 liter of water to achieve 100 to 300 PPM. Use at
week 2 to end of week 4 of flowering along side Nutri-Kelp Powder -
Ascophyllum Nodosum Cytokinin.
6-BAP will stop all natural upward growth & concentrate on
flowering when used in doses of 300 or greater. Use 150 PPM until
the end of week 4 to avoid loss of upward growth, at the end of
week 4 use 300 to 500 PPM to fully utilize 6-BAP.
Can be used with Methyl Jasmonate (MeJa)
NEW.

........................................................................................................
Methyl Jasmonate (MeJa): 6th week to 8th week (depending on strain)
of flower after all bud has formed, as to not lose any bud mass.
Apply (MeJa) potentially three weeks before harvest.
1 mg per liter = 5 ug / PPM? concentration. Mix 1mg with ethanol
before adding it to water.
Requires refrigeration.
Dipping seeds in jasmonic acid will kick-start a plant's natural defenses against pests.
Will increase smell in most cases (Strain Dependent) especially to plants already with a high limonene terpene profile.
NEW.

...................................................................................................
Gibberellin (GA-3): Use Gibberellin with Methyl Jasmonate 6th week
to 8th week (depending on strain) of flower after all bud has
formed, as to not cause any stretch before harvest. Apply (MeJa/GA-3) potentially three weeks before harvest.

Gibberellin PPM Guide. ?
How much to apply? with (MeJa)........?.........?...............
PPM 50 - GA mg 125 Water 2400 ml Purpose = early flower
PPM 200 - GA mg 125 Water 600 ml Purpose = early flower
PPM 800 - GA mg 125 Water 160 ml Purpose = blossom set
PPM 2000 - GA mg 125 Water 60 ml Purpose = Seed germ
1%paste - GA mg 125 Water 5 ml Purpose = growth promoter
Gibberellin and jasmonic acid together will have a synergistic effect on both trichome number and density, Jasmonic acid is also responsible for increasing THC within the trichome.
GA-3 increases the size of the trichome/resin glands allowing (MeJa)
to increases THC other cannabinoids & terpenes within them.
NEW.

A Question:
Pretext: Gibberellin's have to be used in such small/micro amounts that I am
having trouble determining how much to use for increasing the size
of the trichome/resin glands in conjunction with (MeJa) Methyl
Jasmonate to increase potentially the amount of THC other Cannabinoids & Terpenes,
Question: Has anybody figured out a safe amount/PPM of Gibberellin to use in late flowering and when I mean safe I mean without undesired stretch & mutations?

..........................................................................................................................................................
Sodium Nitrophenolate (Atonik): Apply at 6 day intervals from
early veg till 6th to 9th week of flowering (depending on strain)
Use 100-500 ppm, equivalent to the amount of 0.1-0.5 grams per liter.
Like Triacontanol.
Instead of signaling direct tissue growth effects as with more common PGS’s (Plant growth stimulants) ie. Triacontanol, nitro’s stimulate the production of important plant chemical antioxidants.
Nitro’s are fertilizer synergists, that can increase the absorption of the nutrients while balancing any antagonism between fertilizers. Feed through the root system to stimulates root growth.
Atonik is water soluble.
(1000 ppm Atonik?) Used on tomatoes with favorable results.
NEW.

.........................................................................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................................................................
Brassinolide (BL) & 6-Benzylaminopurine (6-BAP) For Vegetative Growth.

".01 ppm Brassinolide and 50 ppm 6-BAP showed healthy rapid growth in comparison to untreated plants Brassinolide .01 ppm on its own had no noticeable effects same with 50 ppm 6-BAP. A concentration of 0.1 ppm Brassinolide caused the leaves to curl and growth to slow in comparison to the control. 500 ppm 6-BAP caused extreme mutation of the leaves and a complete halt in upward growth resulting in a small bush like thing with more leaves then I can count. 100 ppm 6-BAP caused a perfect topping effect at every node of the plant without slowing upward growth noticeable resulting in a tall bushy plant, pretty much an instant mother for taking more clones off of.
Foliar feed young plants in there first month with .01 ppm
Brassinolide and 50 ppm 6-BAP; combined for some incredible growth."

"Another big bonus. If you spray MJ with 300 ppm of Brassinolide at
the end of the (4th week to 7th week depending on strain) of
flowing; there is a dramatic increase in bud growth. Combined with
the earlier spraying of Brassinolide in veg, the end result is
outstanding in terms of quality and yield."
..........................................................................................................................................................

Quote:
..The plant can achieve what it could of done in a shorter amount of time.

:tiphat:

POTENTIAL HARVEST DATES

1. 18th of April to the 2nd of May pull Scott's OG
2. 9th of May to the 16th of May pull Killa-Watt's
3. 16th of May to the 23rd of May pull Lucky Charms

Peace all & Happy Growing.

Greeco

Is there anything else I should add to the menagerie of compounds above?
what do you guys think?

Peace.

Looks like you got it pretty good. I sprayed BAP on our Blue Dream plants in week 2 and I noticed a big difference in bud site formulation. I need to post pics for growers to see results. Means a lot more then talking science sometimes. Sprayed them at 150 mg/l and its working well. Made a 1% w/v stock solution.

Looks like you got it pretty good. I sprayed BAP on our Blue Dream plants in week 2 and I noticed a big difference in bud site formulation. I need to post pics for growers to see results. Means a lot more then talking science sometimes. Sprayed them at 150 mg/l and its working well. Made a 1% w/v stock solution.

Thanks Greeco :)

I would love to see some of your pictures on the different bud site formation since using (6-BAP) on your blue dream!

I have pictures of what Brassinolide can do to certain Cannabis strains, some stretch some don't. I f you would like to see them, i'll put them up. :tiphat:

& yes pictures do show more concrete evidence, (in conjunction with good observational interpretations), forums are a great place to verify for yourself & others, success or failure of ones experiments.
:tiphat:
Peace.

Hi there Cayenne :tiphat:

Just to let you know, in all respect, I don't know if you made a mistake with your terminology "Cytokinins are plant hormones that are derivatives of the purine adenine. (They are not to be confused with cytokines.)
Link: http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/BiologyPages/C/Cytokinins.html

Back to topic.

To my knowledge increasing the levels of cytokines will increase resin production and decrease yield.

I would love! to see some threads or articles on where you obtained your knowledge for the above quote of "cytokinin will increase resin production and decrease yield"

This information would be great to factor into my research on how Cytokinins effect Cannabis growth. :biggrin:

Question: Iv'e heard that Cytokinin increases bud set, would that in itself increase bud yield?? or does your comment still stand "cytokinin will increase resin production and decrease yield"

Peace & Happy Growing.

Last edited: