What's new

General Hydroponics Rapid Start Root Enhancer

loyalty7

i got a sample bottle from gh, it wasnt enough to make a decision, but i know bio roots is almost on roots excelerator levels if not da same for a 1/4 of price, almost same ingredients to the rapid starter.

I saw it today for the first time. It doesn't have the cool bling-bling alluminum bottle but the price is right if it works. I bought the roots excelurator next to it.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Yeah, the hydro store I seen them at had them in black aluminum too...

Still working on my bottle of Roots Excellurator... Love the stuff.

yeah

hard to say if the gh's is on the same level as roots excellerator. Gh's version appears to be very water down when doing a side by side comparison, but the price is right even if your use twice the amount. I would love to see the ingredient list of each and a side by side comparison. I know roots excell is expensive but it blows the roots out like crazy.

Grendelkhan

Just talked with the GH guys a couple of weeks ago about rapid start. Its not a 1mg to gal its about 2 mg's per gallon, so its cost about as much as the HG roots excel. The difference is that HG's makes a thicker solid root while the GH's makes the root with more fingers coming off the root. I find that the GH's stuff works alot like the Canna rhizotonic. This is not a bad thing in my option. I have heard from several growers that really prefer the roots with the fingers as they don't break as much as the HG's thicker roots, esp when your working with cuttings. I have also heard from a couple different growers that use both and swear by them. Seems like a lot of money to me but hell whatever works for you.

Grendelkhan

On a side note. GH is having a sale in their Rapid Start, so if your in your local hydro shop you can get a pretty sweet deal on the biggest bottle. I just picked up a large order at about half what the H&G excel cost me at cost.

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
Veteran
this stuff is great! i put a little in my aeroponic cloner and im noticing thicker root developement with more fingers.

MIway

Veteran
Anyone know if it has a bacteria in it, like roots excel? Not that it would ever say on the label... maybe someone has the inside scoup??? Thanks in advance!

T

TREE KING

someones about to give me a bottle of this stuff and id like to hear more comments on it if possible

Latest posts

Latest posts