What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any gym rats or bodybuilders in the house?

Hughesy

In the showers after training these guys would hang around the locker room taking ages to get dressed and i would stay in the shower hoping they would leave.I left my $8 Rexona Hardcore Men Soap in there.

ddrew

Veteran
Here you go ddrew! Hahahaha I'm a fucking smurf!! Diets always been a problem... obviously! LOL

picture.php

My buddies all call me DINKY! LOL

Nice! Super thick shoulders/chest/traps
Is that a mexican wrestling mask? Sweet!

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Thanks Bro. It means a lot to me coming from you.

It is a mex. wrestling mask. It's a nacho libre copy, its a real wrestling mask and not a cheap halloween costume. I love driving around with it on! People don't know what to think. LOL

ddrew

Veteran
Thanks Bro. It means a lot to me coming from you.

It is a mex. wrestling mask. It's a nacho libre copy, its a real wrestling mask and not a cheap halloween costume. I love driving around with it on! People don't know what to think. LOL

I want one!
You ever listen to Los Straitjackets? Good stuff, they always wear the Mex wrestling masks, they have a bunch of cool ones.

Attachments

• lsimg029.jpg
    lsimg029.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 19
A

arcticsun

ive havent been training last few weeks because ive had some stitches on my back which prevented me from doing arm excerzizes..

did a workout yesterday evening w/o manuals and another this morning, it doesnt feel like i have lost too much strenght, but i think i have lost weight.

but my GOD it felt good to train again.

peace guys

bobblehead

Veteran
I finally quit quitting... feels good to be high again. So I got my bloodwork back, and my cholesterol really isn't that horrible now that I have it right here in front of me, so testosterone didn't kill me yet... lol... My cholesterol was 263 total, HDL 49, LDL 195. The numbers I stated before for my HDL were so wrong.

bobblehead

Veteran
I did Yoga for the first time 2 days ago, and yesterday I felt like I got hit by a truck. I was sore from my neck down! Kinda like the first time I lifted weights. It's definitely going to become part of my normal routine.

ddrew

Veteran
I finally quit quitting... feels good to be high again. So I got my bloodwork back, and my cholesterol really isn't that horrible now that I have it right here in front of me, so testosterone didn't kill me yet... lol... My cholesterol was 263 total, HDL 49, LDL 195. The numbers I stated before for my HDL were so wrong.
Whew, that sounds much better!

Welcome back to smoking:joint:

Shoulders, traps, and abs today, I like shoulder day.

Last edited:

idoja

i lifted weights pretty regular for a few years. i was not as big as you guys, but i was a solid 200lb. -chubby ass gut but solid everywhere else. i had to stop lifting due to the arthritis in my left wrist and right shoulder. the overhead military press and the bicep curls with the e-z bar brought out old skateboarding injuries. the pain was unimaginable.
i do nothing but push-ups now and cardio, but my wrist still kills sometimes. i have read that some steroids can have a beneficial effect on arthritis and i'd like the get solid again. would it alleviate the pain associated with lifting? what are your opinions?

Wev

I like the modern day Perfect Genetics ahem! Flex wheeler used to drink coca cola and big Macks and half a gallon of Synthol before trying to topple Dorian Yates but never did man.
Training is done for the pump with weights your girl could train up to. Its all about the $85,000 of drugs used to build the perfect beast and keep pumping them in or its gone.

Training is done for the pump with weights your girl could train up to. Its all about the $85,000 of drugs used to build the perfect beast and keep pumping them in or its gone.

So i guess your girl can bench 300lbs naturally? Which is something these guys and most avg strong ppl can do WITHOUT juice. On it most of them bench over 500lbs. I think you SERIOUSLY need to review your information on volume training, as it seems you have very little knowledge on it. Yes anabolics help but you don't just take them and then any kind of training will make you huge. IF they used " weights your girl could train up to" they'd be ripped NOT huge AND ripped. Alot of these guys who were in great shape before the drugs managed to keep a nice physiques after wards as well. The ones who bothered to keep up with training anyway.

Nugz

ddrew

Veteran
i do nothing but push-ups now and cardio, but my wrist still kills sometimes. i have read that some steroids can have a beneficial effect on arthritis and i'd like the get solid again. would it alleviate the pain associated with lifting? what are your opinions?

Here's the locker room doctors info I've heard on that.
Deca seems to cause you to hold more fluid in your joints, which in turn makes them run smoother so to speak, and it also seems to speed up healing.
That is what a lot of people say and that has been my personal expierence with it.

You might be thinking of corticosteroids, which are used (sometimes) for the treatment of arthritis, but are different then the ones used for bodybuilding.

ddrew

Veteran
Its all about the $85,000 of drugs used to build the perfect beast and keep pumping them in or its gone.

No, no, no, It's all about genetics, yes there is a great deal of performance enhancement drug use going on, but take away all the drugs and the same people will still be winning the contests, just not as big and hard as with the drugs.

O

otherwhitemeat

idoja, I was a football player for years, snowboarder, skiier, basketball, etc. Most of the time I weighed a pretty buff 250#. As a result fo years of athletics I have bad knees, shoulders, back, wrists (thanks to work) What I've realized is that even though my chest can lift 325# the rest of me can't. As I approach 40 I dialed back the weights, and use more of those hammer style weight machines, that lock out bad form, etc. Still stacking plates and there are no pulleys, but the best thing you can do for bad bones is to dial back the weight a bit and focus on form. Oh yeah, preacher curls-bad for wrists and forearms (if you have problems), overhead military press--THE WORST, do these in front of your head or with dumbells. As you get older, have the flip the script---and bide your time until you're old enough for HRT.

ddrew

Veteran
idoja, I was a football player for years, snowboarder, skiier, basketball, etc. Most of the time I weighed a pretty buff 250#. As a result fo years of athletics I have bad knees, shoulders, back, wrists (thanks to work) What I've realized is that even though my chest can lift 325# the rest of me can't. As I approach 40 I dialed back the weights, and use more of those hammer style weight machines, that lock out bad form, etc. Still stacking plates and there are no pulleys, but the best thing you can do for bad bones is to dial back the weight a bit and focus on form. Oh yeah, preacher curls-bad for wrists and forearms (if you have problems), overhead military press--THE WORST, do these in front of your head or with dumbells. As you get older, have the flip the script---and bide your time until you're old enough for HRT.

All good stuff.
I like the Hammer strength machines.
Your right about getting older, my workouts are based on what are the most productive lifts I can do without aggravating an old injury, or creating a new one.

Most guys test levels in their mid 30's are low enough to qualify for HRT, makes you feel young again.(somewhat, lol)

Good info about the behind the neck military press, same goes for behind the neck pulldowns.
Years ago both lifts used to be in all the workout books, now people know better and they are treated like taboo, but you can still find behind the neck shoulder press racks in a lot of old gyms.
I don't like dumbell shoulder presses because I hate to kick up heavy dumbells, if I have people hand them to me at shoulder height and then take them away at the end, then I like them, but you need 2 extra guys to help you every set.

O

otherwhitemeat

Yeah, a guy at my gym is 65, has the body of a 25 year old. He hasn't been sick in years and looks like he could kick my ass. He's been on HRT for 15 years. You have to find a good doc, but most won't even consider HRT on a guy under 45 or so.

If one is looking for a quick way to gain strength, a guy can also try Yohimbe. It's an African herb and increases you own natural TT output--you still get raging hardons, decent strength, pimples, and aggro attitude but no bitch tits and very few side effects. I never really took the juice but could compete at the colleg level taking Yohimbe for a while, until I showed up at 6'0 at 250# (12-15% fat) and everyone playing ball at the college level was 300+ and 6'4". I don't take Yohimbe any more, but when I did I was diesel.

For more info the machines I was referring to (most gyms have these by now) These allow you to get similar results as free weight, but with much better isolation and form. You won't get the stablizing muscles into play as much, but you can get pretty big using these machines. You just don't get musclebound, like you do from benching. Depending on your goals, this may not be a bad thing. I have all kinds of shoulder problems from being muscle bound, I could barely throw a softball after college.

http://us.commercial.lifefitness.com/content.cfm/plateloaded

Latest posts

Latest posts