What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed Separation

WaterDude

How do the commercial seed producers separate the seed from the plant? A second and not as important Q how do they go about counting out ten seeds for an order? By hand or machine?

WaterDude

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I was hoping for something between an expensive machine and hand deseeding, a record album is great for small stuff (I like a tray from a cafateria) so I think it will be dry sieve so I get the hash and seed separation

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know of any machines built for that purpose but you can probably use a hand sieve.

I use the old method of rolling the beans down a tray & separating the seed from the chaf/hash. A lot of seed can be separated that way fairly quickly.
It takes more time sorting green from mature.

rod58

I don't know of any machines built for that purpose but you can probably use a hand sieve.

I use the old method of rolling the beans down a tray & separating the seed from the chaf/hash. A lot of seed can be separated that way fairly quickly.
It takes more time sorting green from mature.

and rolling them down some flyscreen with a fan underneath is good . a bit of trial and error getting the height right but does the job ..