What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My 6 Girls

rocker

Buds Buddy, thanks for the insight, I have noticed the waxy dark green and clawed leaves have gone away, as you said, after a few more good soakings. I know I am going to be full to the brim and penetrating light may become an issue, I'll just have to address it as I go, part of the learning curve. I have a 600 W HPS and ton of CFL's stored away I can use if needed down the road. Maybe next time I will get smaller pots to limit the growth and cut back on the numbers too. Once I establish a perpetual grow cycle with a veg tent too, I won't need so many either. I have been thinking of dropping a net in, but figured I am just going to let them go and use some LST where needed.
Thanks for your input, I appreciate all the help I cn get.

rocker

Before the stretch began

Before the stretch began

Thanks to the Moderator that cleaned up the messy post, here are the pictures of the set up and the three strains, just before I went to flower. They have now been receiving 12-12 for 5 days and I will get some updated pics this week-end.

Cantharellus

My experience is you want the roots to fill the pot they are growing in before you flip. They will be sensitive to overwatering because of this. Plants trying to expand there root system and flower at the same time just never seem to take off for me. So I don't think you are going to have a problem with those but we will see hahaha. Nice clean setup. Do you have any experience with those strains ? Jack and super lemon haze might be big stretchers ? Do you know who the seedbank is on the green crack ?

rocker

Hi Cabtharekllus,
I learned it would have been better to not go straight to the final pot size after the fact, newbie mistake. I haven't grown soil in decades and last few times did hydro, I am just going to power on and hope for the best. I acquired all three from "The Strainbank",(http://www.strainbank.org/) a collective here in California as rooted clones. I veged them for 2 weeks, I wanted to go 2 more but if these go 10 weeks which is possible that will be mid December and I will be going out of town so hoping not to go too long. It is interesting, jack took off right away, the SLH was clawing and not growing the first week, but has since picked it up, it looks like it will be stretchy, I am going to have to LST those 2. And the green crack was a low bush, really branchy but is now stretching quite a bit, they looked the best from the get go, even though the JH grew well, it had waxy leaves, like it was mag def, but that has cleared up. Someone mentioned on another thread about plants showing what looked like mag def under LED's? Interesting, but all the girls are looking better than a week ago in all regards.

Cantharellus

Wow quite a selection of strains they have there. You are lucky in that you do not have to search you know what you are getting. Do you get to burn one before you select lol ?

rocker

LOL, no I did that myself, with my Hot soil, but after a few flushing's, it got better.
By moving around our country over the years, I have learned to appreciate all California offers, my other hobby is salt water aquariums, specifically reef aquariums, corals, anyway you can get so much here in Cali, other states must rely on mail order, same for clones, in that California has many suppliers to choose from, and that is nice.

I

i0dineAlf

After looking everywhere I found your grow!

After looking everywhere I found your grow!

The plants are looking good in my opinion. :woohoo:

Not sure if the pots *have* to be that big though.
If I read correctly, you acquired clones.
Then vegged for a week or two ?
Three gallons would be perfect IMO.

I've been getting my advice from a grower on IG.
https://www.instagram.com/closed_loopman88/

He works for a recreational licensed grow op.
They're growing monsters in 3 gallon pots and killing it.
His pics were amazing.

If you're worried about the soil...
You can always check the run off.
Use RO water with PH 5.9 and water the plants.
Grab the water from the bottom that goes through.
This should tell you 75% of any potential issues.

That's what he recommended for me.

He seems very knowledgable and I sent him a gift card (through email) for his time.

I don't think you will have any major issues then run. :dance013:

Looking forward to seeing you crush this grow.

Sending good vibes your way... :smoke:

Last edited:

rocker

IOdineAlf - Thanks for searching me out and the link, very much appreciated. You are right on all counts, clones, vegging time and cloth pots. I’ll definitely use smaller ones next time and also graduate up in size and let them fill smaller pots before transplanting into larger ones. I have been wondering about checking run off, I’ll do that, I already PH my RO water, I noticed the water machines at grocery stores really vary, plus my area has notoriously hard water.
Again thanks for finding my thread and all the good info.have a good weekend

rocker

8 days into flower

8 days into flower

Here awe have all 6, and close up on a Jack Herer, looking the nicest so far, imo, the bean poles in the center are the Super Lemon Haze, lol, going have to tie em down.

rocker

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the welcome

Agent Pothead - Thanks for all the tips, I am getting your messages, but as suspected, I am locked out till I hit 50 post, shouldn't be too longer, only 16 more to go. :)

rocker

13 days of flower

13 days of flower

Looking Nice, yes it is going to be a full tent, but should be fun, was thinking is there such a thing as a individual scrog? a single net built over 1 pot? with 3 strains I am definitely having different growth rates, again should be a fun first grow in a decade experience. So the closeups are the Jack Herer and Green crack, the Super lemon haze is less bushy and had the most stretch .

Theres the updated photos!

Theres the updated photos!

Looking good my friend. If you have uneven shoots I would LST em to get them as even as possible. If you wanna go hardcore you can super crop them but that would more than likely delay the harvest a little bit which I know you said your going out of town for the holidays. It's gonna be close. Do they have any bud sitting businesses out there. You know sort of like pet sitting when people go out of town. LOL.....

Peace

rocker

I have been pulling them out when watering and moving them around so they get more even lighting as they grow, but I know as put on weight I won't be able to move them around so easily. I was thinking of trying to tie them off to the pot it's self, so they I might still be able to move them a bit but not sure if that will work.
I think I am going to just stay with this 600W Platinum LED, I was looking at adding some CFL's but the ones I have on hand are 5000K not ideal for flowering, if they were 2700 K, i'd add them but I don't want to add any more heat or spend additional $$, if the buds are not as nice as what my HPS would yield, I may add another LED next time around.

Thanks for taking a peak and chiming in, I am going to up the fertilizer strength a hair next water time, as they ate the last stuff up and had no hint of it being too much.

I have been pulling them out when watering and moving them around so they get more even lighting as they grow, but I know as put on weight I won't be able to move them around so easily. I was thinking of trying to tie them off to the pot it's self, so they I might still be able to move them a bit but not sure if that will work.
I think I am going to just stay with this 600W Platinum LED, I was looking at adding some CFL's but the ones I have on hand are 5000K not ideal for flowering, if they were 2700 K, i'd add them but I don't want to add any more heat or spend additional $$, if the buds are not as nice as what my HPS would yield, I may add another LED next time around.

Thanks for taking a peak and chiming in, I am going to up the fertilizer strength a hair next water time, as they ate the last stuff up and had no hint of it being too much.

You wont have any issues moving them around just man handle them ladies. Last night I used some safety pins and foot long pipe cleaning wires and clipped the pin into the rim of the smart pot and noosed up a couple pipe cleaners lassoed a few of the girls about 6 nodes up and pulled it down through the pin to bend em over exposing those second and third layer nuggets to the HPS rays directly. Then there is always that odd one that grows taller so I super cropped two of the future colas pinching and bending about 6 inches down till they were laid over even with the canopy. They responded well. The tops are already pointing straight up right in line with the rest of the tops of the others.
As far as light I would think the additional CFLs wouldn't hurt. If you need to up the lumens on the fringes. Buds don't discriminate any light is better than no light. They don't run hot and really are pretty energy efficient. Just my 2 cents....

rocker

You wont have any issues moving them around just man handle them ladies. Last night I used some safety pins ......
As far as light I would think the additional CFLs wouldn't hurt. If you need to up the lumens on the fringes. Buds don't discriminate any light is better than no light. They don't run hot and really are pretty energy efficient. Just my 2 cents....

Thanks for all your encouragement, :tiphat:. I doubled the fertilizer last watering, on your suggestion, if they looked strong after 48Hrs to up it, they did, so I did, and they still look happy, happy.:dance013:

Re- LSt - OK then, I am going to go hog wild and do the same. I was thinking they could take it.

Re- Light couldn't agree more, nor could I resist more light, lol. I picked up some 2700 K 1250 lumen bulbs bulbs and put a spliter into a 12" dome reflector so 2 bulbs in each and am dropping one into each corner to erase any low light spots.

I did notice the LED has a lot of red, and when I added the CFL's it made the red less visible to my eye, do the plants still see it?
thoughts?

Again really appreciate the tips.

You just hit 50 posts! No you can edit your posts and update a bunch of other personal settings if you like. You can private message other users now also. Welcome to ICMAG. Its a great community here. Tons of legitimate knowledge!

rocker

Hey Traceofvenom, I've definitely been slacking on the updates, sorry about that good news is I have a few days worth to add tonight. Thanks for answering the Q, about the red light. I added a second trumpet reflector with 2 2700K 75W 1250L CFL'S in each, diagonal of each other, I have a vertical oscillating fan in the another, so I could add one more trumpet. I have been upping the fertilizer strength each watering with no sign of burn, I've heard sativas can burn, so been going easy. I don't think the growth is at top pace yet, I let them get fairly dry before watering but now in flower, thinking I should up that some too, I have just been fearful of over watering, that's why I go a few days between watering. Speaking of water, I am only adding a Black Magic bloom boost, keeping it simple but should I be considering other additives? I Ph my water to 6.0 before adding the BB. Overall I am really happy how things are going, 23 down, 47 more if I go to 70. One of the Green Crack is short compared with the others but it's buds are stout and getting crystal covered already. It's funny I'm used to more work keeping my Ph stable with a DWC, loving this soil grow.