What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Foxtailing?

crunchy

Hello,

I am wondering what is up with some of my plants.
These are sour diesel from Royal queen Seeds grown in soil, about 45 days into flowering.
I have eleven of them, some of them are making fat buds just fine, while others are just making lots and lots of leaves and sprouting new branches, as you can see in the pictures.
Is this solely due to genetics?

Greetings,

Crunchy

Attachments

• tmp_13745-20171015_094634-652x367-2057856484.jpg
    tmp_13745-20171015_094634-652x367-2057856484.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 20
  • tmp_13745-20171015_094641-652x3671131201418.jpg
    tmp_13745-20171015_094641-652x3671131201418.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 28

Mr.Gr33n

it's not that easy to see in that picture though,
foxtailing is normal for certain phenos, you see it with alot of skunk/diesel/ hybrids,

it's nothing to worry about

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea thats not normal, even for plants with a tendency to foxtail.

Looks like it may have had too much nitrogen for its liking and is probably a mutant/bad pheno from their sour d line. But who knows it may finish to be super high quality :dunno: but definitely not foxtailing

sixixix

Do you have any light leaks? Are the affected plants located in the same area of your tent? It looks to me like they are revegging, but I might be wrong. I would also check that my timer is working properly :)

crunchy

I was wondering about too much nitrogen also, as they were sprouting so many dark grean leaves.
But I didn't really fertilize except for a bit of bio bloom towards middle of flower. Soil is universal soil from gardening center.

There are no light leaks, the tent sits in a room where I don't turn the lights on, I water the plants when the HPS turns on.

The timer is indeed working proprely, this time:), on my previous grow I f.... up the timer two weeks into flowering and was wondering why nothing was budding after 1 1/2 month!

I chopped the 10 plants yesterday after 65 days of flowering, you can definately see a clear difference between some buds, like they are a completely different strain or as if some of them aren't done flowering.
I'll post some pics up and give some feedback about the smoke quality.

P.S. The plant i showed in the first pic, being the worst one, i just threw away two weeks ago, she wasn't even making any real buds, she looked like she suffered heat stress or something.

P.S. The plant i showed in the first pic, being the worst one, i just threw away two weeks ago, she wasn't even making any real buds, she looked like she suffered heat stress or something.
Heat is the main reason a plant will foxtail, and obviously some genetics/phenos are more susceptible to it. If you move a plant or branch that is foxtailing further away from the light or into a cooler room it will often revert to normal buds.

crunchy

So harvest was ok, but not easy as I broke my toe about one week prior :frown:
Luckily got some help from the wifey :comfort:150g in total of some pretty good smoke.
I made some space cake from the trimmings and got wasted.

I want to start a new grow as quickly as possibe but I need to wait for my toe to heal. It's been three weeks and still limping.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
That's the sativa genetics showing in those phenos

Different buzz from the rest, they'll probably finish last

Latest posts

Latest posts