What's new

11th week flowering chop?

key0saMa

I have a plant thats 11 weeks in flowering, the hairs are turning mostly orange now. This is bagseed btw, im wondering when i should cut, i dont have a microscope nor money to buy one. It just that its been 11 weeks and im being really impatient with it right now. Heres some pics

Attachments

• Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 5
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 6
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Photo5.jpg
    Photo5.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 6

Maijah

are there any crystals on it?? they should be very visible without a microscope @ 11 weeks of 12/12

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
It's a little hard to tell w/o seeing the trichs. You want cloudy at least. Mostly clear would be a waste of 11 weeks, IMO. Nice buds.

bendoslendo

If I didn't have a scope I would say they are ready. I've been growing longer than I've had a scope. The color of trichomes are not really visible to the naked eye, but just looking at the bud will give clues.

You could at least chop the tops and move the little guys up closer to your light for a few more days or a week.

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Hey man. You need to peek at the trichomes to know if its done.

Your close-up pics are out of focus, try taking them in macro mode so the distant objects aren't the objects focused on . . .

I've grown bagseed and mine kinda never really looked done . . . this was outdoors, but whatever. Yours looks good to me, try to get a peek at those trichomes though, that's the ONLY way to know for sure :)

Patient 957

Unfortunately, your pictures are not in proper focus, so it's difficult to see the trichomes. But based on your pictures, your plants are still growing.

You haven't mentioned the strain. If you have a heavy sativa, you could be flowering for several more weeks.

I would suggest you mention the strain so more experienced gardeners can tell you what to expect from that genetic's performance. Second, learn how to use your camera slightly better so you can get proper depth of field and aperture settings. And finally, use either a tripod or box to sit the camera on so it's perfectly still before you snap your shots. What is the highest zoom magnification on your camera? Mine goes to 16x and in some shots you can see the trichome glands with clarity.

You can't rush nature, you can only observe and document her mandates that the genetics exhibit. If you cut it too early, you'll be more upset than if you'd just wait a few more weeks.

So unfortunately without more information, or at least better close-up shots, you'll need to go based off calyx size, pistil color, and visibility of trichome coverage.

Sorry this isn't a black-and-white answer for your question, but it needs more info to find what you're asking.

Peace,

P.957