What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question for canna terra Pro users

GGNo2

Hi folks.
I'm using canna terra Pro for the 1st time and I have a question regarding pH.

What pH should I be adjusting water to?
I read on canna website between 5.8-6.3 and I've been doing that but some of the plants don't look too happy.

I just wanted to confirm I have the pH correct or not either way to start ruling out possible causes.
Ive always previously used biobizz all mix and nutes and never had to pH before.

Thanking you kindly

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If your measurements are accurate and the PH does fall into that range (although I'd want it toward the 5.8 end), then it may not be the nutrient solution having the adverse effect on your plants.

I hope someone with more experience with Canna's products chimes-in and you sort it out mate.
Regards,
Iffy

GGNo2

If your measurements are accurate and the PH does fall into that range (although I'd want it toward the 5.8 end), then it may not be the nutrient solution having the adverse effect on your plants.

I hope someone with more experience with Canna's products chimes-in and you sort it out mate.
Regards,
Iffy

Ive been putting it in around the 6.0- 6.1 because I've always known soil pH to be 6.5 range and that's hard to let go lol.
And thanks for taking the time. I know nothing about canna product's. I'm only using Rhizotonic at the moment

GGNo2

Not many people using canna terra then? It's not easy to get information on this stuff. I've even emailed canna themselves and had no reply for a week. :moon:

I used Canna terra for a couple of seasons in Air Pots, usually watered with 5.8-6.2pH. Are you planning on supplementing with nutrients, I did and am wondering if I needed to?