What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bag Appeal Ruing Weed and What Do You Think of Matt Riot...

Burt

Veteran
Sam the skunkman used 50,000 plants for breeding, as did Neville among a few others when the Dutch allowed such practices in the open
So your skunks, NL’s and hazes were bred and selected from huge counts. These are the very foundations of most modern strains.
To the lad who wants my genetics-I’m honored but don’t sell my pollen chucks at this time.
Fosho down the road in a year or two-yeah I know I can count on your support

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Name one person who has ever grown 50,000 Cannabis plants at one time.

Sam Skunkman

There's two

I only know of one more individual that MIGHT have been instrumental in such a large grow.
While not doing the grow themselves, they provided genetics and I think funded the irrigation project.

ahortator

Veteran
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJRIgamDGxs

I don't know if they had 50,000 plants. But a huge amount.

As you can see those buds have poor bag appeal compared with the modern overrated hyped fancy bastardised western unstable strains.

But you cannot compare the quality of the high. Miles away from what you can find in the stupid Western market.

But I think that for the people who has been deprived by the modern market and cannabusiness and seed industry to experience an actual high from a pure sativa strain grown under the tropical sun, any couchlocking hyped 35%THC hybrid grown indoors inside a cabinet is something much more acceptable.

It is a very sad pity.

highsteppa

Veteran
The pollen chuck breeder paradigm is fueled by the market and what consumers want. You cant expect people to put in any real breeding when people want some sort or representation of the hottest new poly hybrid cut.

PDX Dopesmoker

707OGBUSH970

The pollen chuck breeder paradigm is fueled by the market and what consumers want. You cant expect people to put in any real breeding when people want some sort or representation of the hottest new poly hybrid cut.

The problem, is, how many people, really, have ever bred cannabis with huge populations, the size it takes to do what we consider true breeding? I see the number 50,000 a lot. I would bet that the number of people breeding with populations close to that (or have ever done so) is extremely small. I think its funny that everyone is calling the people the dont like "pollen chuckers". In the grand scheme of things, most cannabis "breeders" are exactly that. I mean, its hard to even name anyone who takes things to f3, to be honest. And the more I look at the vastness of Riots catalog, the more I doubt he does much besides F1ing everything he can find. How do you have that many strains?

highsteppa

Veteran
On the flip side, I've seen lines from old timers that have been bred for many years and are very good and not depressed or gone hermaphrodite. My buddies dad has been working the same line for 30 years. Very good effect that's loved by local craftsman. It's old vet sats and ghani, after many years he has it down to 80 days.

Anyway, when you know what you have well and know what you're looking for, and if there's some diversity in your line perhaps small population breeding isn't a terrible thing. We have some fire and almost no one is breeding and selecting from large plant quantities.

Badfishy1

The problem, is, how many people, really, have ever bred cannabis with huge populations, the size it takes to do what we consider true breeding? I see the number 50,000 a lot. I would bet that the number of people breeding with populations close to that (or have ever done so) is extremely small. I think its funny that everyone is calling the people the dont like "pollen chuckers". In the grand scheme of things, most cannabis "breeders" are exactly that. I mean, its hard to even name anyone who takes things to f3, to be honest. And the more I look at the vastness of Riots catalog, the more I doubt he does much besides F1ing everything he can find. How do you have that many strains?

As a previous member stated, listen through his pot cast. Yes he comes off as a complete asshole and arrogant. He goes into talking about his pricing. He basically says he makes one of runs which make his beans limited in number. Also talks about how he doesn’t target ‘new’ growers and his plants are NOT easy to grow. He said he sells a lot to big breeders who make money off of his strains so he feels he should make his too. Also states that he has had a lot of help along the way from other growers in his ‘crew’. Which may be the reason for a large catalog. Definitely interesting to listen to.

Badfishy1

On the flip side, I've seen lines from old timers that have been bred for many years and are very good and not depressed or gone hermaphrodite. My buddies dad has been working the same line for 30 years. Very good effect that's loved by local craftsman. It's old vet sats and ghani, after many years he has it down to 80 days.

Anyway, when you know what you have well and know what you're looking for, and if there's some diversity in your line perhaps small population breeding isn't a terrible thing. We have some fire and almost no one is breeding and selecting from large plant quantities.

Love learning from old heads! Tons of knowledge and quality product...

Latest posts

Latest posts