What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best soil fertilizers???

billb

Veteran
Can anyone tell me the best fertilizers for soil that they've found? I'm always been an outdoor gardener. Transitioned to indoor with soil, an am looking for the best ferts for veg and for bloom. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Current strains are gg4, sour dub, bruce banner #3, blue dream, blueberrygum, vanillauna, chem4 x sour diesel, key lime pie, and purple punch
Thanks guys

M

meowmeowmeow

Free samples really.
I prefer organic rather than synthetic or non-salt based.

There are too many products to name, but if you look through these forums you will find your answers or at least some good strong opinions & results.

Good luck.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Actively aerated compost teas being the method and high quality amendments for the tea and reverse osmosis water will get ya what ya want;)

Floridian

Veteran
I'll just second R/O water it's a gamechanger and though I used fox farm products for years PBP grow and bloom is great.Looking back on my post it was totally indecisive lol PBP all the way

St. Phatty

Best Fertilizer that is not often mentioned in polite conversation ... composted nightsoil.

2nd best - composted soil that you make yourself ... without the nightsoil.

Wouldn't mention it except for one thing - it was widely used by farmers until agri-biz shifted to petro-chem. ferts in the mid-20th century.

Family members living 1930 & before would have eaten food that was fertilized using nightsoil and other manures.

IOW, it's part of our history, and it seemed to work, and it promotes Yoga type gardening (that's where you hold your breath while you're working.) :woohoo:

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Investigate soybean meal (source of amino acids & protein), alfalfa meal (source of triacontanol), and linseed meal (source of lignans and protein). Soybean and Linseed meals are high in N with nominal amounts of PK, (7-1-2 & 6-1-1 respectively).

Available at feed stores for around $20 or so for 50/lb bag. I grind mine to a fine powder before mixing it with other inputs to achieve my targeted NPK goal...coffee grinder works best for me.

neongreen

Veteran
Best Fertilizer that is not often mentioned in polite conversation ... composted nightsoil.

First time I've heard of "nightsoil". Can you elaborate on what exactly it is?

For me (after some struggles) I've found fish-mix and seaweed works very well in veg, together with EWC in my soil mix.

:tiphat:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
If you're growing indoors (or outdoors) don't shit on your plants!

Ionic grow for soil in veg, old timers moonshine for flower. Add a shot or 2 of Pk 13/14 for the first 4 weeks of flowering (house and garden brand) and plant magics bio silicon with it. Nothing but water for the last 20 days.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom for soil
Earth Juice Hi-Brix Molasses
RealGrowers Recharge
Mammoth P

-Funk

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Look into rols recycled organic Living soil those cats know what's up thats my second suggestion to maybe help ya get a nice system going for ya plants

nickman

Veteran
Down to Earth soil Amendments... Earth Worm Castings... Fox Farm Ocean Forest... Happy Frog Soil...

Also, first time using Mother Earth Meal Mix- bloom or veg...

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
General Organics line works great, I won the '15 cup using it and I'm still trying to find a water only soil mix that can match the results of GO's full line up of products.

The buds that won the cup, OGKB 2.0.
picture.php

picture.php

Forum grown with Gen Organics.
picture.php

62 days.
picture.php

important thing for me is the loudness they bring out in the genetics, can you smell this???
picture.php