What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

8k coco grow show

issack

Veteran
Hey all. Figured I'd start a thread on my new room. Been years since I did a diary here. I'm always still learning, and I like to have a place to ask questions and share tricks and methods.

Experienced grower of 20+ years. But this is my second time ever using coco. I'm amazed, and sold and this is the only way I'll ever grow indoors.

Doing the " coco tree's " method. Multiple feeds at low EC. Every 2 hours once roots are established. I keep things simple and never over complicate things with my nutes. I use floranova at half strength throughout the whole grow. I also use OG biowar 24 hour brewed tea in every rez change as well as some boogie brew in there , and I believe that is a game changer. No RA's. And i also have killed Russets in my last run with ease with foliar at lights out. I don't even worry about mites now.. harsh chems are a thing of the past. Best product I've ever used.

8 1000's, sealed room. Co2, 48 plant's, 6 plants a light. 2 gal pots

My last run I harvested a month ago, I got 13 pounds 2 ounces of pineapple chunk, And that's with losing 3 plants because the clones didn't take. And having about 4 runt plants, and losing 3, a week before I harvested, because I had horrible light burn that really did some damage. Plants were just starting to die all the sudden. I really misjudged my distance, and had to climb over my canopies in the middle of flower to Mount the lights all the way to the top of the ceiling. So i think i did well with all those factors.

I lowered the tables 18 inches. Added 3 new raptors to replace 3 old hoods I had in there that were giving out too much heat. And I'm leaving the lights all the way up. There is massive light in this room. No need to raise them as the plants grow.

Here is some shots of the last run.

Edit. I'm now using Mills nutrients.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

issack

Veteran
This is today at 7 days veg. Strains are mountain apple OG on the left. And pineapple chunk on the right. Mountain Apple is sour OG × deadhead OG. It's insane and smells like deep apples and kush. I'm the only one with this strain besides my friend crossed it. Massive yield as well. Should be a fun one.

picture.php

picture.php

Feeding 3 times in 18 hours at the moment. Shooting for 2 pounds a light this time . Now that I got my first run ironed out with the issues.

Last edited:

Jackstraw215

Awesome!! I'm building the tables you posted in the DIY section right now, so easy!! Could you give a little more detail about the drip system, such as pump and other details, I'm gonna be hand watering at first but definitely trying to get a drip system asap. I was looking at octabubblers and expensive jet pumps also but maybe your system is much cheaper.

issack

Veteran
Awesome!! I'm building the tables you posted in the DIY section right now, so easy!! Could you give a little more detail about the drip system, such as pump and other details, I'm gonna be hand watering at first but definitely trying to get a drip system asap. I was looking at octabubblers and expensive jet pumps also but maybe your system is much cheaper.
Hey man. I have a eco plus 330gph pump. I use a DNE timer as well. It's more than a drip. It's slow but I like it slow so I get optimal water absorption. Takes about a minute and 45 seconds to see run off. Usually when I'm at the point of watering every 2 hours, I have to make sure my first watering is about 3 minutes. Then it's a minute 15 seconds every 2 hours after.

issack

Veteran
Here is the outside shed that feeds the room. I have a pond chiller that's set to 64 degrees. My RO water storage is the garbage cans, and the 50 gallon is my nutrients rez. My friend won a storage unit some years ago that had 2 of these beast chillers. They are like 3 grand new. He gave them to me for free. So I have 2 of them now. I lucked out..!
picture.php

picture.php

issack

Veteran
3 days later from the last pic. They are exploding.!! Doing CA-25 foliars and also seaweed extract with biowar tea foliar as well. Game changers
Thinking I'm going to try Mills nutrients when I go into flower. Has anyone had experience with mills.? It's either that or canna coco. I wanna try something new . Been reading some great stuff on mills .
picture.php

issack

Veteran
3 weeks veg. I cut one out because she wasn't taking well. Time to strip lower branches and run the first net. I take them all the way to first node in the strip. This will be the only time I do this.
Switched to mills nutrients. Looking great so far. Feeding every 3 hours. Flipping 12/12 in a week.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?
albumid=72336&pictureid=1756104
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nico Farmer

Hi bro

Great job, U have green hand!
I m impatient to see next pics.

Have u ever grow Hawaï maui waui?

Bless

Ground Up

Looks Good Brotha , Have you ever tried an airpot instead of Those, I changed immediately after trying them. beast setup tho!

issack

Veteran
Looks Good Brotha , Have you ever tried an airpot instead of Those, I changed immediately after trying them. beast setup tho!

I haven't yet. I have a bunch of these here, was thinking of trying them next. Are you talking smart pots.? Did u notice a huge difference.?

Attachments

• 20170620_163838.jpg
    20170620_163838.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 32

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Very impressive setup and yield. I must say the simplicity is really nice to see as well. I've been using Air pots and fabric pots for years and can tell you that your yields and growth rates will both go up. I've found the air pots to yield a bit higher than the smart pots, but they also dry out faster too. I grow in soil with about 20-30% coco mixed in.

Keep up the good work

-Funk