What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
been wanting to do "cobs" --thanks for the info - any spec ial information about cobs - my son bought me a air-sealer.. thought you just air seal it and ????? Need to do more reshearch - any other sites for making cobs ? need to digest information
Just dive in and get started on the yellow brick road to cannabis chewing my friend.
Its the place you'd rather be.

CDNINCA

Hi Fellow Cobbers! It's been a while since I posted an update so here you go. I had intended to open up all of the cobs that I have going today and see how they are but ran out of time. I did open two up, my most recent test using the @Hombre del mont (and maybe others?) technique of ramming weed into a tube to compress it, along with an earlier test that seemed to have lost the vacuum in the bag. I may open up the others tomorrow but they look fine as they are and I might just leave them? Anyway, here you go. I tried to take a shot of each cob in the sun, and get a closeup using my loupe to simulate a macro lens on my iPhone... cheers!
First up, the Maui Wowie that I grew last year, then the crazy cross from my friend in San Diego -"Skunkwater X Pamdemic". The aromas of both are incredible and I can't wait to try them out, along with the others underway!
Cheers!

Attachments

• MauiWowie1.JPG
    MauiWowie1.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 63
  • MauiWowieCloseUp.JPG
    MauiWowieCloseUp.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 72
  • SkunkwaterXPamdemic1.JPG
    SkunkwaterXPamdemic1.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
  • SkunkwaterXPamdemicCloseUp.JPG
    SkunkwaterXPamdemicCloseUp.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 67

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Fellow Cobbers! It's been a while since I posted an update so here you go. I had intended to open up all of the cobs that I have going today and see how they are but ran out of time. I did open two up, my most recent test using the @Hombre del mont (and maybe others?) technique of ramming weed into a tube to compress it, along with an earlier test that seemed to have lost the vacuum in the bag. I may open up the others tomorrow but they look fine as they are and I might just leave them? Anyway, here you go. I tried to take a shot of each cob in the sun, and get a closeup using my loupe to simulate a macro lens on my iPhone... cheers!
First up, the Maui Wowie that I grew last year, then the crazy cross from my friend in San Diego -"Skunkwater X Pamdemic". The aromas of both are incredible and I can't wait to try them out, along with the others underway!
Cheers!
Looking good brother love the colors.

JK-AKKtions

@airplane there are other sites but this is the place.
Seal it (nearly dried) and keep it warm until it's at (or close to) the stage you like, then dry and age under seal. It's not a fussy process, just requires a little attention. Colour and smell are your best indicators.
Very satisfying once you start.

@JK-AKKtions looking good! That light one should age up nicely. You may want to give the darker one a good dry out to stop it going further during aging.
What genetics did you put in?
Nice colors my friend, do as TD says and you will get a nice finish.
Hello you two Thanks.
The dark brown is allready dry and aging some months the light one is only some weeks an a little soft felling.
Genetic is both the same some superhermie sativa expression like plant. think its some ace trop. Mix offspring.

both COB really have some unique and interesting Armonas.

greZz JK

Last edited:

ost

Cheers!
i just got the vac.sealer and bags in 1 place 1st cob, is wet 8 grams, on heat mat in sprout house,plant hang dry for 3 days temp 70/73 deg rain 70percent r.h.first cob ever!

CDNINCA

Mulanje from a cob master friend.

Quote: Got em out to dry for a while. the terps are outta this world. pineapple/thai stick, cherry lifesaver, sweet caramel, sweet shoe polish

From this

View attachment 18824144 View attachment 18824145 View attachment 18824154

To this and its only the beginning of the journey.

View attachment 18824155 View attachment 18824166 View attachment 18824172 View attachment 18824178
Ho-Lee-Smokes that's a fine looking plant, and nice looking cobs too! Great colors and I can only imagine how nice they smell!! I might need to see if I can find some seeds of that strain, beautiful work! Thanks for sharing :)

CDNINCA

PM me guys if you want some.
Thanks for the kind offer @Tangwena! I might take you up on it. I took a look at the site where I got the Malawi Gold seeds that I grew last year, apparently they have the Mulanje seeds too!? https://www.tltseeds.com/mulanje-gold/

I found out that one needs to have heaps of patience when growing these great Sativa's, much more than usual. The plant finished in early December here in the northern hemisphere, which is the latest I've ever seen! Thought it would never be done and it turned out great! I think I got lucky.

Taima-da

Thanks for the kind offer @Tangwena! I might take you up on it. I took a look at the site where I got the Malawi Gold seeds that I grew last year, apparently they have the Mulanje seeds too!? https://www.tltseeds.com/mulanje-gold/

I've been looking at these too, just been waiting for Vermontman to finish these up see how they go.

Thanks T. You are most kind.

Just three days hanging for those cobs hitting that great golden colour! Must be perfect conditions cos they look pretty chunky.

Goodherb

Not wanting to side track this tread ,but just seeing how much we love the strain hold Malawi ,let's send positive vibration in air ,when toke up for people and the country as ahold.(A devastating cyclone"Freddy" ravage the landscape, killing over three hundreds, displacing many more)
I know you guys feel the same way

Tangwena

Veteran
I've been looking at these too, just been waiting for Vermontman to finish these up see how they go.

Thanks T. You are most kind.

Just three days hanging for those cobs hitting that great golden colour! Must be perfect conditions cos they look pretty chunky.
Yes there's over a pound there, the biggest is reported to be 80 grams.
My friend made a cob oven out of an ice box with a heat mat and thermostatically controlled the temp.
The Mulanje he grew was a hybrid I made started with a Mulanje mother crossed to a ThaiTanic father from Flying Dutchman.
Then grown a few times then pollinated by Mulanje Gold and Malawi Gold pollen from Mad Mac who got the seeds sourced originally from Malberry.
The progeny was then inbred with various males from the same seeds.
So its a mix of Malawi, Thai and skunk1.
Not true pure Mulanje Gold.
All I know is its a great high and mixed with Aces Malawi/Ethiopian produces a couple of different phenos that just take me to a place I've never been on cannabis.
Nothing comes close in my book.
I have just finished a grow where I used a male from Green Mountain seeds who shared there own pure Mulanje Gold with me.
I am currently growing 3 expressions from the GMS pure Mulanje Gold repro I did.
I have not grown the results of the cross to my Mulanje yet but i will get around to eventually after my next grow of the Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian its leading the pack at the moment.
Africa is where the heart is.

pooman

The freshy arghandab now started 1 day at 102 degree, gonna dry it a. It and throw it back in the 84 degree soup, the rest of it I'm still drying, and will subsequently be cobbed as well, sometimes having a Larry landrace can be cool... @Tangwena that Melange looks amazing sir!

Attachments

• 20230328_164945.jpg
    20230328_164945.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53