What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tangie x Cookies and Orange Diesel v3 compared

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
recently got my hands on a cut of a tangie x cookies cross. so far its looking and smelling really good in my coco set up. i have some of the OD in there too and interestingly they both have a very similar smell during flowering, the cross has a tinny bit more stretch, but the OD stretches plenty too, as most things do in coco.

took a few pics around day 50 of 12/12, but i'm not really happy with the pic quality, might go get a fucking cheapo Chinese knock off phone just for the awesome pic taking abilities lol.

Tangie x Cookies

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Orange Diesel V3

picture.php

ECSD

picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Looking nice gaius. What’s throwing more orange smells etc.

to be honest both have an incredibly strong citrus smell, it's very hard for me to say which one smells more. but i notice the tangie x cookie lucky cross stinks more in veg and has a bit more hybrid vigor by the looks of things. i do notice that the buds closest to the lamps are not the most beautiful ones. i will have to shorten veg times a bit and or top them just before the switch to keep them getting quite that big. they only had 3 days of veg on the coco, so ill have to top just before the switch to slow down the stretch a bit next time. wish i could get a good shot of the Kosher Kush but they are right under the right hand light, making it either too bright or too dark for my camera to get a decent pic.

anyway, here we are at

Day 56 of 12/12

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
a couple more pics...

still day 56 of 12/12:

sadly the only ecsd i can reach to take pics has grown too close to the lamp and had it's top fucked up, but further down you see a more classic ecsd flowers and color. i got some more of those ECSD plants right at the back, ill get some portraits of them during harvest.

the plant to the right of the ecsd is a Kosher Kush lady...

picture.php

macro TC:

picture.php

mack 10

Veteran
to be honest both have an incredibly strong citrus smell, it's very hard for me to say which one smells more. but i notice the tangie x cookie lucky cross stinks more in veg and has a bit more hybrid vigor by the looks of things. i do notice that the buds closest to the lamps are not the most beautiful ones. i will have to shorten veg times a bit and or top them just before the switch to keep them getting quite that big. they only had 3 days of veg on the coco, so ill have to top just before the switch to slow down the stretch a bit next time. wish i could get a good shot of the Kosher Kush but they are right under the right hand light, making it either too bright or too dark for my camera to get a decent pic.

anyway, here we are at

Day 56 of 12/12

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Stack em an pack em.
Great job, in a small space.

Is this the Tropicana Cookies?
Or just the same cross?

You tried them before?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Stack em an pack em.
Great job, in a small space.

Is this the Tropicana Cookies?
Or just the same cross?

You tried them before?

Hey mack 10,

you still in the riff mountains man?
see you at the 420 i hope.

first time i'm growing this TC cut. i have been growing the Orange Diesel for a few runs now and really like it, so intense orangy and a bit of haze in the background. and my mate said the TC is even better, so can't wait to get to the testing. i got a nice selection of genetics to look forward to in there.

got my super cheese cut, my Karmarado x Fire OG cut, some ECSD cuts, some Kosher Kush and the Orange Diesel v3 and the Tangie x cookies cross. gonna be a happy chappy in a few weeks. had a terrible summer run, so looking forward to some real fire again. will harvest the TC and OD at 11 weeks, while the the rest will be better at 12 to even 13 weeks of 12/12.

got both the OD and the TC off a good friend. its basically some cookie cross, hermying and pollinating a tangie cross accidentally kind of thing.

one of those lucky crosses you sometimes get, a bit like my super cheese

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Day 63 of 12/12

Day 63 of 12/12

did a small test branch off one of the Tangie x Cookie
it already smells so strong that it interests me how it would be at 9 weeks, it certainly already looks and reeks as it should, lol.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mack 10

Veteran
Hey mack 10,

you still in the riff mountains man?
see you at the 420 i hope.

first time i'm growing this TC cut. i have been growing the Orange Diesel for a few runs now and really like it, so intense orangy and a bit of haze in the background. and my mate said the TC is even better, so can't wait to get to the testing. i got a nice selection of genetics to look forward to in there.

got my super cheese cut, my Karmarado x Fire OG cut, some ECSD cuts, some Kosher Kush and the Orange Diesel v3 and the Tangie x cookies cross. gonna be a happy chappy in a few weeks. had a terrible summer run, so looking forward to some real fire again. will harvest the TC and OD at 11 weeks, while the the rest will be better at 12 to even 13 weeks of 12/12.

got both the OD and the TC off a good friend. its basically some cookie cross, hermying and pollinating a tangie cross accidentally kind of thing.

one of those lucky crosses you sometimes get, a bit like my super cheese

nah, im back in uk.
will go back to drop off a load of seeds sometime before april.
then back end of may/june for selections.
then back Nov for harvest...busy, busy.

where is the 2019 ic cup going to be?
back to Dam or stick with Barca?

i gotta say i enjoy them both.
having the club in bcn really made things great
especially for judges.

let us know early as poss so can get booked.
just booked up for Spannabis,
Some killer cheap fares at mo.
(like £22 each way!)

your stash us looking tasty.
look forwwrd to sharing a fattie at 420
or maybe, killing me off with your choice hash.
i dont mind..hehe.

sourkush

looking good bro, smoking it now lol :D

try to dry trim one plant though to compare, it's a pain but try it and let me know if it changes something for you.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
That orange diesel looks yummy, is that from Lady Sativa seeds?

yeah, thats what i understand anyway, i did get her as a clone, so didnt do the selection. she is very pungent, i also like the bud structure. she seems a bit less stretchy then the TC, still a good 3 x stretch on the OD.

nah, im back in uk.
will go back to drop off a load of seeds sometime before april.
then back end of may/june for selections.
then back Nov for harvest...busy, busy.

where is the 2019 ic cup going to be?
back to Dam or stick with Barca?

i gotta say i enjoy them both.
having the club in bcn really made things great
especially for judges.

let us know early as poss so can get booked.
just booked up for Spannabis,
Some killer cheap fares at mo.
(like £22 each way!)

your stash us looking tasty.
look forwwrd to sharing a fattie at 420
or maybe, killing me off with your choice hash.
i dont mind..hehe.

i hope we will get to see more about these projects, love seeing your adventures in foreign parts....

i thought the ic 420 cup went really well last year in Barcelona, it seemed to really liven it up in terms of entry amounts and Barcelona weather was really nice as well as the cheaper prices compared to the Dam.

haven't really done anything much for this year yet, waiting on some news, but will announce it asap. think it will be Barca once more....

looking good bro, smoking it now lol :D

try to dry trim one plant though to compare, it's a pain but try it and let me know if it changes something for you.

hey bro,

really nice that you popped in, you can probably answer Americangrower in much more detail then i could :D

can't wait for the test branch to get dry, will be really interesting to compare the 2. hopefully ill have some to share at the cup.

drying the whole plant before trimming is indeed a big pain in the ass for my system, i already have my trimming help ordered. but i guess i could hang up one of each for drying before the trim, although i hate dry trimming. but at this time of year the trimmed buds do dry way too fast. maybe il set my humidifier up in the box while drying, turn the ventilation right down to the minimum and i can slow it down without leaving all the stem and leaves on.

the Kosher Kush, the Orange Diesel, the Tangie x Cookies and the Karmarado x Fire OG should be good at day 78 of 12/12, while the Super Cheese and the ecsd will be better with an extra week or so, it will depend how they look under the scope after 11 weeks, have left the ecsd for 13 weeks before to get her really ripe, but that was with heat issues, so maybe in the cold climate i have now they will be ready sooner. can't wait to get a real look at all the plants on harvest day. might do some de leafing today to let a bit more light in further.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran

cool, glad to have you along for this trip.

i been considering ways to upgrade my space to better let the plants reach their potential. right now, i'm limited with vertical growing space because the table and tank take up about 50 cm. i'm thinking to get a custom tank that is no higher then 25 or 30 cm, then i can cut some 15cm off the table legs. also want to add more air movement fans, maybe even switch to 3 x 315cmh lights instead of the 600 digi hps i got now. specially for the summer runs the 600 hps is too hot.

otherwise ill have to top the clones on the day before the switch to 12/12 to keep the end height from being too close to the lights, which ruins the look and terp content of the tops that get too close to the bulbs. specially with these lights plants shouldn't get closer then 30 cm ideally. on the other hand if they stay too small, the yield suffers. so really i'd like to get a custom tank thats only like 20cm high so the table can be at 25 or so, this will leave enough room that the plants won't get too close, but where to find a made to measure tank. i still want it to contain 130 lt minimum, ideally 150 lt so i can go on vacation for 1 week without worrying it will not last, so that needs to be a long ass tank. i did see some camper water tanks that could gain me some space, but yeah, even better would be to have the table just high enough to allow a drain system, maybe have a drum tank outside the space, but that stops a simple recirculating system set up. so yeah a custom tank is the best solution imo.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i smoked a joint of the test branch as a wake and bake splif today, it's awesome weed, even at 9 weeks you wouldn't refuse it, real pleasure to smoke, of course totally fresh tasting, its only been 3 days of drying. i only smoked about half the splif, then i had to let it go out, lol.

beautiful weed imo...