What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Veg HPS - Flower LED

Packer420

Is it okay to transition from HPS to LED without causing too much stress?
Set up right now is LED on both tents and I think I will be needing both LED's on my flower tent since it will be full. So im thinking of just getting first an HPS for my veg tent.

Is this transition okay as far as spectrum goes? Shock?

Thanks

707OGBUSH970

Why would you want an HPS for a veg tent? Its a spectrum pretty much only for flowering. It will veg, but an led generally provides a much more balanced spectrum for vegging healthy plants. HPS vegged will be stretchier with weaker stems and smaller leaves, among other things. You seem to be doing things backwards. What are the wattages of all your lights?

St. Phatty

What is the color Temp of the LED's ?

The LED's might be all you need, for veg. & flowering.

I used a combination of 2700K & 5000K cheapo ($1 each) Walmart bulbs for veg, they work good. They replaced a 250 watt Metal Halide with a new bulb.

I bought a 6-COB (6 really bright lights) light from a neighbor. When you back up and take a look it looks a bit purple. They used it for flowering.

I have heard of people using HPS for veg., but not very often.

One option is to add clamp on LED spotlights to the big LED grow-light you use for flowering. Where I live they cost $6.50 for the spot-light fixture. 4 of those would be an extra 3200 Lumens.

Latest posts

Latest posts