What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thoughts on trees/lamps combinations. So many options!

pinkus

Veteran
I recently switched from modular hempys to batto buckets and scrog under 2 300 watt Neosol LEDs.

I have decided that during the cold months I want to ditch the tent and try to use more space and do trees in the battos just in the room.

The lamps I have currently are the 2 Neosol 300s, 2 50 watt Neosol bars, 1 315 CMH, 1 400 watt MH, and 1 400 watt HPS/MH swappable.

Any advice on tree lighting?

Thanks y'all.

:shooty:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
not really up on trees, but they normally use 1k lights for trees. maybe go for the scrog option to get the most from you lamps and keep plant count low.

I enjoy working with 1000 watts of metal halide and a 1000 watts of high pressure sodium on a light mover. Might be an option for you.:thinking:

picture.php

pinkus

Veteran
Thanks y'all.

I probably should have said bushes instead of trees. I Was thinking maybe the 2 300watt Neosol sol on top and the CMH and a 400watt in between, or the CMH on a light mover rail to hit the sides.

My first question would be, how big is the room you wanna expand from the tent into?

Not having that answer yet, and just assuming it’s a standard American bedroom size, around 10f x 10f x 7+f height, You might think about the following layout:

2, 3x3-4x4 footprints, with 6-8 plants per footprint, or whatever number your laws allow for flower.

Hang the led fixtures vertically, tall, with the 300s back to back, and the 50s in between, perpendicularly. Because of the difference in wattage and thickness of led panels, it will be a disproportionate recatangle, so place the majority of foliage toward the 300s. You would probably have more of an oval than a circle canopy from above, but should still get a good g/lw yield in a 4x4 footprint or less. You should be able to fit 6-8 plants in that footprint, that are about 1.5-2fw x 4-6f tall, and probably at least a foot deep. If you can coax 2oz out of each, That’s 12-16 per light cycle....but at those dimensions, you should be able to pull more.

....Or you could just configure those panels into a 2 dimensional wall of light, and blast them at about a 4x4-6x6 wall of plants, but you’d be losing 3 potential 4x4-4x6 canopies.

For the second 4x4 area in that room, I would stack the HID bulbs, and put another 6-8 plants around them. Normally in stacked situations, the higher wattage goes on top, but with the reported performance of CMHs, you may want to put the 315CMH on top, and 400HPS on bottom, so that your tops get the extra goodies the CMHs are supposed to bring. This is just from research and speculation though, as I haven’t used CMH personally...just 400HPS and LEDs.

That should leave you a bit of room to move around, and give you way more canopy space than your tent. Just deal with the airflow for the whole room accordingly.

Hope this helps some!