What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TangieMatic and Creme Brulee autoflowers

Raver90e

Hello All,

Just started my second grow of TangieMatic and Creme Brulee autoflower, 1 seed each. The Tangie is from Fastbuds and the creme brulee is from The Bakery seed co.

I germinated the seeds by placing them in room temperature water glasses until they sank on touch and then i placed them into two kitchen tissues in a plastic container each and folded once over the seeds before submerging them with some water. I let the excess water drip out and closed them and placed them in a dark cupboard. The next day the taproots were visible and by the end of the day they had grown so i placed them in the soil.

I prepared the soil by using biobizz lightmix soil and cutting it with 30 percent perlite. I watered them with room temperature water left open over night but made a mistake as I should have watered then let it dry and then proceeded to planted the seedling and then watered just the top layer ( I think.. bare in mind I am still learning ) anyhow i placed each seedling into their pots and added a layer of dry soil for them to go in above the wet soil, tap root facing down and then watered the top layer a little not a lot.

Then I placed them in my tent under the 200w dual spectrum cfl along with two fans and air filter. I covered each pot with cling film to maintain moisture

I count day 1 from when the seedling has broken soil so today was official the first day for each on 20.08.18. I have been keeping the top layer a bit moist by watering ever so slightly roughly every 8 hours. The humidity is around 60 percent and the temp is around 31 degrees celsius/ 87 degrees Fahrenheit

Please kindly give advice wherever available, I am a novice and if anything above is wrong please advise me on it.

Attachments

• 20180820_133356.jpg
    20180820_133356.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Raver90e

03.09.18 day 13

03.09.18 day 13

Day 13. So far been giving the plant minimal water when it is totally dry. Trying something new and no problems with it. Every 2 to 3 days the soil dries so i water it till i feel it is wet but not soaked.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180903-211937.jpg
    Screenshot_20180903-211937.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 38

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Looks good bro! The seedling time is the hardest in my opinion, over watering can kill them fast, you seem to have a handle on it though. :tiphat:

Raver90e

Thank you brother much love! Yeah seems like its growing a lot slower than my last auto but looks happy from here, and yeah over watering is something i am going to very mindful of this time round. Took another pic today. Pot is quite small so i think its drying on the second day.

Looks good bro! The seedling time is the hardest in my opinion, over watering can kill them fast, you seem to have a handle on it though. :tiphat:

Raver90e

Forgot to mention that the tangie didnt make it. Made the most stupid mistake and over watered her so she died as a young seedling. New seed of tangie will be going back in maybe on saturday

Raver90e

Pic from day 14

Pic from day 14

Please see pic from today

Attachments

• IMG-20180905-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20180905-WA0003.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 24

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Forgot to mention that the tangie didnt make it. Made the most stupid mistake and over watered her so she died as a young seedling. New seed of tangie will be going back in maybe on saturday
It happens man! :huggg:So long as you learn from bad experience they can be good experience in the long run :)

Raver90e

Day 15

Day 15

Day 15 watered her yesterday with probably around 200ml water no nutes yet (she is in biobizz lightmix which has some nutes to start her off ) any thoughts on when to introduce food?

Also i should mention she has been on a very irregular light cycle because my timer isnt working. For the most part the light is on 24 hours as i am never at the tent however i was able to switch the light for 4 hours twice so far. Gonna get a new timer but any thoughts on just keeping it 24 hrs? Its a 200wl dual spectrum cfl so not expensive on the bill.

Soil is dry today but since i watered yesterday i decided best not to today. Just a heads up i havent watered till run off yet does anyone think i should?

Pic attached

Raver90e

Day 15 pics

Day 15 pics

Didnt upload in the last post sorry

Attachments

• 20180906_193801.jpg
    20180906_193801.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20180906_193832.jpg
    20180906_193832.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 25

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
This early I wouldn't worry about watering to runoff you don't wanna flood the roots. When they are that small I normally use a spray bottle around the edges of the soil, not directly on the plant.

Raver90e

This early I wouldn't worry about watering to runoff you don't wanna flood the roots. When they are that small I normally use a spray bottle around the edges of the soil, not directly on the plant.

Thank you for the reply will definitely take this into account. When do you think more water and food is needed?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Lately I've been doing mine in jiffy pots and don't normally up pot them until they are pushing roots out that little hole in the jiffy pot. That's when I have been switching to watering them instead of spraying them. I've been doing clones though not seeds. You are doing autos so you wanna stress them as little as possible with transplant, so you did good by starting them in a larger pot. Unfortunately I don't know how long before watering, I've been judging off the roots popping the bottom then once up potted I water normally because they are large enough to take it. Looking at some pics from my first grow where I started in larger pots, it looks like I switched from spraying to watering around 4-5 nodes on the plant I think? As for the food, all the decent nutrient lines have a schedule you can follow, for biobizz it appears to be at https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...d.php?p=4342&usg=AOvVaw2ptqm5xVom1qs9G3_yUL0q
Looks like they recommend switching from water to fertilizer after 2-4 sets of leaves. Good luck bro! :tiphat:

Raver90e

Lately I've been doing mine in jiffy pots and don't normally up pot them until they are pushing roots out that little hole in the jiffy pot. That's when I have been switching to watering them instead of spraying them. I've been doing clones though not seeds. You are doing autos so you wanna stress them as little as possible with transplant, so you did good by starting them in a larger pot. Unfortunately I don't know how long before watering, I've been judging off the roots popping the bottom then once up potted I water normally because they are large enough to take it. Looking at some pics from my first grow where I started in larger pots, it looks like I switched from spraying to watering around 4-5 nodes on the plant I think? As for the food, all the decent nutrient lines have a schedule you can follow, for biobizz it appears to be at https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...d.php?p=4342&usg=AOvVaw2ptqm5xVom1qs9G3_yUL0q
Looks like they recommend switching from water to fertilizer after 2-4 sets of leaves. Good luck bro! :tiphat:

Thank you so much for the info bro that makes perfect sense!

Bona Fortuna

As far as your lighting question, it's not terribly important to have a set light schedule, but try to keep it fairly consistent.
Although they autoflower, abnormal light cycles are still 'stressful'.
It sounds like you're keeping the lighting consistent, so no issue there as far as I can see.
Just try not to have something like 24/0, 20/4, 24/0, 17/7, light/dark consecutively.

Raver90e

As far as your lighting question, it's not terribly important to have a set light schedule, but try to keep it fairly consistent.
Although they autoflower, abnormal light cycles are still 'stressful'.
It sounds like you're keeping the lighting consistent, so no issue there as far as I can see.
Just try not to have something like 24/0, 20/4, 24/0, 17/7, light/dark consecutively.

Cool i am going to try to keep it consistent

Thank u!

St. Phatty

Sorry what was this in reply too i couldnt see the quote

The name makes it sound good - had to look it up - actually I have had it, the restaurant just gave it a different name -

Crème brûlée -

"(/ˌkrɛm bruːˈleɪ/; French pronunciation: ​[kʁɛm bʁy.le]), also known as burnt cream or Trinity cream,[1] is a dessert consisting of a rich custard base topped with a texturally contrasting layer of hardened caramelized sugar. It is normally served at slightly chilled; the heat from the caramelizing process tends to warm the custard producing a cool center. The custard base is traditionally flavored with vanilla, but can have a variety of other flavorings."

Tasted my first Creme Brulee many years ago at the Stonehenge Inn, where I also learned to drive a stick shift ... practicing on customer cars.

Mr. Seville, who was my boss when I worked there 40 years ago, finally sold it in 2017.

https://www.theridgefieldpress.com/2017/09/08/stonehenge-restaurant-closed-inn-remains-open/

Latest posts

Latest posts