What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Outlaw pot growers fear California Legalization"

Koroz

You don't even grow anymore...Even in this environment..I guess the feds do own you...

I risked my life and freedom for a long time so people that were to scared or didn't have the skills to grow could smoke...

Understanding that legalization is probably going to happen who are you to knock people who are scared that there livelihoods are going to be affected...

If it is legalized I wonder how this great forum will be affected..Maybe not as much incentive for new innovations..And large grows would probably disappear from here because no one wants to give away secrets...

mc

Where I live my friend, 1 plant will net me a minimum multi-year sentence. I am not in California atm because of work. Yes, a real job. I have a family that I support. Do you?

Things change based on enviornment my friend, so while it may be alright for you to risk YOUR life, I have FOUR lives that depend on me. So don't come in here talking about how I should risk the lives of me, and my children just to grow so that I can stick it to the feds. You have no frigging clue what my story is, nor do I yours. The difference between the two of us is simple: I care about the freedom of ALL, not just myself or my paycheck.

In my state alone the amount of cannabis arrests since last year has DOUBLED for non violent possession charges. They have gone and stepped up their investigation and prosecution of all suspected growers (which is why I stopped).

So, yes, I guess if I had only me to worry about then I would grow and not care. Some of us don't have that ability. I don't live in a medicinal state but I need it because I am opiate intolerant. So I don't care if you lose a little bit of money because you can't think outside the box and market your bud legally for a profit... That isn't my problem. My problem is ending the destruction of millions of peoples lives just so you can make a few extra dollars.

Sorry if you don't feel that others deserve freedom so that you can make a buck. Sorry that you feel you would rather risk your life, and the lives of others who you sell to just so that you can make an extra 10 bucks a gram. Sorry that you are really that worried about money you would rather see your fellow man imprisoned for something that should be legal. In the end, I pity you not because you put yourself at risk, but because you are so selfish you don't see that what you do not only puts you at risk but everyone around you too.

One day you will grow up (or maybe not) and realize something, that money ISN'T the most important thing in life. The unfortunate thing is by your tone, it will be when it is too late to change it. I feel sorry for you, I am not impressed that you risk your life to grow and I hope one day you wake up and find someone you do care about enough to make you realize its not always about the cash.

If you have kids now and still put them at risk so you can grow and profit then I just hope they aren't the ones who will be hurt because you are too "macho" to care about them more then your all mighty dollar. I might be a bitch to the feds, but your a bitch to greed.

mcattak

Where I live my friend, 1 plant will net me a minimum multi-year sentence. I am not in California atm because of work. Yes, a real job. I have a family that I support. Do you?

Things change based on enviornment my friend, so while it may be alright for you to risk YOUR life, I have FOUR lives that depend on me. So don't come in here talking about how I should risk the lives of me, and my children just to grow so that I can stick it to the feds. You have no frigging clue what my story is, nor do I yours. The difference between the two of us is simple: I care about the freedom of ALL, not just myself or my paycheck.

In my state alone the amount of cannabis arrests since last year has DOUBLED for non violent possession charges. They have gone and stepped up their investigation and prosecution of all suspected growers (which is why I stopped).

So, yes, I guess if I had only me to worry about then I would grow and not care. Some of us don't have that ability. I don't live in a medicinal state but I need it because I am opiate intolerant. So I don't care if you lose a little bit of money because you can't think outside the box and market your bud legally for a profit... That isn't my problem. My problem is ending the destruction of millions of peoples lives just so you can make a few extra dollars.

Sorry if you don't feel that others deserve freedom so that you can make a buck. Sorry that you feel you would rather risk your life, and the lives of others who you sell to just so that you can make an extra 10 bucks a gram. Sorry that you are really that worried about money you would rather see your fellow man imprisoned for something that should be legal. In the end, I pity you not because you put yourself at risk, but because you are so selfish you don't see that what you do not only puts you at risk but everyone around you too.

One day you will grow up (or maybe not) and realize something, that money ISN'T the most important thing in life. The unfortunate thing is by your tone, it will be when it is too late to change it. I feel sorry for you, I am not impressed that you risk your life to grow and I hope one day you wake up and find someone you do care about enough to make you realize its not always about the cash.

If you have kids now and still put them at risk so you can grow and profit then I just hope they aren't the ones who will be hurt because you are too "macho" to care about them more then your all mighty dollar. I might be a bitch to the feds, but your a bitch to greed.

So you don't grow or live in California...Have you ever lived in California???Why would you live in a non-med state???..Did you move to that non-med state for greed...Guess its time to leave...

How macho are you???

You have no idea how hard I work...Maybe harder than you???Oh yeah everybody that grows dope is lazy...Do you own your own business???I do and its a 24/7 job...

Stay out of California..

its crazy that people dont see in how many ways this bill makes herb in califonia better. if it pases you can actually sell as a for profit biz, instead of a non profit like it is now. most people dont realize that this bill will not effect mmj that is protected by sb 420 and prop 215.
and that it will give anyone in california 21 and up the right to grow in a 5x5 area, and they can keep all they grow and process from that area, and never pay a cent in taxes or fees to anyone ever for that bud. further more for the 21 and up non grower. you can just go buy it at the store!! fucking awsome!!! oh yeah and it permits smoke houses to go get blazed at!!! i love this bill and im promoting the shit out of it. as a california medi vendor. i support this bill.
i think a lot of people just really cant believe what they are reading, or they are just to stoned to interpret it. i read it stoned just fine. lol

HillBillMt

behind the scene is where the action is taday.. im getting reports back from humbolt that are a bit disturbing(im oldschool northern cali).. what im hearing is the "locals" are lookin at sellin off the property thats bin so profitable to them in the past. turns out phillip-morris recognizes the value of the name and is lookin at marketing potential and the folks that own the property are lookin at cashin in one last time..... so dont do to much cryin here,, some are just lookin at whats in it fer them... after all, they are human as are the rest of us...... HHB

Koroz

So you don't grow or live in California...Have you ever lived in California???Why would you live in a non-med state???..Did you move to that non-med state for greed...Guess its time to leave...

How macho are you???

You have no idea how hard I work...Maybe harder than you???Oh yeah everybody that grows dope is lazy...Do you own your own business???I do and its a 24/7 job...

Stay out of California..

Son I lived in California for 30 years. So please keep on spewing your bullshit. It doesn't change a word of what I said. My FAMILY comes first. Sorry you are too fucking greedy and petty to realize that should be what comes first in your life too. In my line of work, when the money dries up you follow it or you don't feed your family. You deal with the fucking pain of not having meds so they can eat and not have to suffer.

mcattak

Son I lived in California for 30 years. So please keep on spewing your bullshit. It doesn't change a word of what I said. My FAMILY comes first. Sorry you are too fucking greedy and petty to realize that should be what comes first in your life too. In my line of work, when the money dries up you follow it or you don't feed your family. You deal with the fucking pain of not having meds so they can eat and not have to suffer.

Maybe, like you are telling people here...You need to find another line of work...

How do you know if i do or don't put my family first...I only own 30 plants and have a script and paperwork from a collective for up to 99...95% of my work goes to collectives and patients...I do make a nice living and work pretty hard...

I know exactly what will happen if things are legalized here in California...Certain interests with lots of $ will take over....Nothing I can do about that those foundations have already been laid...

Love to see statistics on how many people are actually incarcerated in California for REAL personal marijuana use...Personal use is up for debate and would still be if the measure passes..

personal use= not for resale

these are the rules set fourth for personal use. these are rules your county or city cannot change. the only thing that local gov will be determining are comercial aspects of buying,selling, cultivating,taxing and transporting. also they will determine the local penalties for going outside the state restrictions for personal consumption. civil penalties not criminal. the point of this bill is to limit law enforcement on cannabis.

Section 11300: Personal Regulation and Controls
(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, it is lawful and shall not be a public offense under California law for any person 21 years of age or older to:
(i) Personally possess, process, share, or transport not more than one ounce of cannabis, solely for that individual’s personal consumption, and not for sale.

Koroz

Maybe, like you are telling people here...You need to find another line of work...

How do you know if i do or don't put my family first...I only own 30 plants and have a script and paperwork from a collective for up to 99...95% of my work goes to collectives and patients...I do make a nice living and work pretty hard...

I know exactly what will happen if things are legalized here in California...Certain interests with lots of $ will take over....Nothing I can do about that those foundations have already been laid...

Love to see statistics on how many people are actually incarcerated in California for REAL personal marijuana use...Personal use is up for debate and would still be if the measure passes..

I really think you have me misunderstood because you raged on my first comment instead of seeing the point behind what I said.

As others have already tried to explain, we (I and those who agree with me) do not have a problem with people who make more profit because you are farming illegal. We appreciate that you take the risk to supply us with stuff when we can't do it ourselves.

The "thanks" stops RIGHT there when you make comments like "I don't want it legal because I won't make as much money". Why do I feel I have the right to comment about your personality from that statement?

Because it tells a lot to me about a person who is more worried about 5-10 dollars a gram then TWENTY MILLION (20,000,000) people who since Nixon have been imprisoned for non violent drug offenses, the fact that in states like NY where our arrest numbers have DOUBLE since last year, where patients are being killed in prison because they can't get access to meds, or where our budgets are reaching 25+ billion dollars a year. Instead of moving toward a fix for those issues, you want to keep it illegal because you make a few extra dollars and don't want to try and actually compete with anyone.

You think you are going to lose out against big business? Let me explain business 101. There is ALWAYS going to be someone bigger then you, so learn to adapt to your market.

As for your little "Get a new job" comment. Ill ignore it for now because you know life isn't just that easy when you are trying to do it legally. I'll make you this bet right now though. When California, or the US legalizes Cannabis I will be rich. Why? Because I know how to sell a product, run a business and advertise. You are a fucking drug dealer, you do too, the difference is you choose to rest on your laurels where its easy instead of thinking outside the box.

personal use= not for resale

the only thing that local gov will be determining are comercial aspects of buying,selling, cultivating,taxing and transporting. also they will determine the local penalties for going outside the state restrictions for personal consumption.

The following is from AB 2254, which I believe will be the legislative language foundation used to enact cannabis legalization, as set forth in the ballot initiative:

(c) The Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control shall administer
and enforce this chapter. The department shall make and prescribe
those reasonable rules as may be necessary or proper to carry out the
purposes and intent of, and to enable it to exercise the powers and
perform the duties conferred upon it by, this chapter.
26010. For purposes of this chapter, "marijuana" means all parts
of the plant Cannabis sativa L., whether growing or not; the seeds
thereof; the resin extracted from any part of the plant; concentrated
cannabis; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative,
mixture, or preparation of the plant or of its seeds or resin. It
does not include the mature stalks of the plant, fiber produced from
the stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, any other
compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of
the mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom), fiber, oil,
or cake, or the sterilized seed of the plant that is incapable of
germination. For purposes of this chapter, "marijuana" does not
include "medical marijuana" that is regulated under Article 2.5
(commencing with Section 11362.7) of Chapter 6 of Division 10 of the
Health and Safety Code.
26020. (a) The department shall license commercial cultivators of
marijuana. The fee for the license shall be set at an amount that
will reasonably cover the costs of assuring compliance with the
regulations to be issued, but may not exceed five thousand dollars
($5,000) for an initial application, or two thousand five hundred
dollars ($2,500) per year for each annual renewal.
(b) Regulations adopted by the department pursuant to this chapter
shall require background checks of applicants be conducted. At the
request of the department, the Attorney General or any local agency
shall provide summary criminal history information to the department
as provided in Sections 11105 and 13300 of the Penal Code.
26030. The department shall, with consideration for the risks
posed by cultivation of a valuable crop with public health
implications that is subject to significant fees, issue and enforce
regulations concerning commercial cultivators of marijuana that
provide for all of the following:
(a) Adequate security to reasonably protect against unauthorized
access to the marijuana crop at all stages of cultivation,
harvesting, drying, processing, packing, and delivery to licensed
sales outlets or wholesalers. Each licensee shall be required to
provide a detailed crop security plan, along with satisfactory proof
of the financial ability of the licensee to provide for that
security.
(b) Appropriate employment rules, including the rule that a person
under 21 years of age may not have access to marijuana during
cultivation, storage, drying, or packing, or at any other time.
(c) Safeguards to assure that a person under 21 years of age may
not transport marijuana on behalf of a commercial buyer or commercial
seller.
(d) Restrictions to ensure that marijuana is not used or consumed
on the premises of a commercial cultivator.
(e) An inspection and tracking system to reasonably ensure that
all marijuana produced by the cultivator that is eventually sold is
assessed pursuant to Part 14.6 (commencing with Section 34001) of
Division 2 of the Revenue and Taxation Code.
(f) Recordkeeping consistent with the regulatory needs of the
department.
(g) Ensure that all applicable statutory environmental and
agricultural requirements are followed in the cultivation of
marijuana.
26040. (a) The department shall license marijuana wholesalers,
who shall be allowed to package and prepare marijuana for sale, and
who shall be authorized to sell marijuana to licensed sales outlets.
The fee for the license shall be set in an amount that will
reasonably cover the costs of compliance with the regulations to be
issued, but may not exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000) for an
initial application, or two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500)
per year for each annual renewal.
(b) The department shall issue regulations that include a
requirement that all applicants for licensure receive background
checks. At the request of the department, the Attorney General or any
local agency shall provide summary criminal history information to
the department as provided in Sections 11105 and 13300 of the Penal
Code.
26050. The department shall, with consideration for the risks
posed by a valuable commodity with public health implications that is
subject to significant fees, issue and enforce regulations
concerning the sale, packaging, and labeling of marijuana by
wholesale licensees. Those regulations shall provide for all of the
following:
access to marijuana at all stages of the wholesaler's possession of
the marijuana, including receiving, processing, packing, storage, and
delivery to licensed sales outlets. Each wholesaler shall be
required to provide a detailed product security plan, along with
satisfactory proof of the financial ability of the licensee to
provide for that security.
receiving, processing, packing, storage, and delivery or at any other
time.
seller.
on the premises of a wholesaler.
all marijuana received by the wholesaler that is eventually sold is
department.
(g) Adequate labeling of packages of marijuana to describe the
purity, potency, processing, and any adulteration of the product.
26060. The department shall issue and enforce regulations
concerning the sale of marijuana by off-sale general licensees. Those
regulations shall provide for all of the following:
(a) An inspection and tracking system to ensure that marijuana may
not be sold by a licensee if that marijuana has not been made
subject to an assessment provided for in Part 14.6 (commencing with
Section 34001) of Division 2 of the Revenue and Taxation Code.
(b) Marijuana shall be kept behind a counter in an area not
directly accessible to any customer, and shall be stored in a case
that is locked between sales.
(c) Marijuana may not be sold to anyone under 21 years of age.
(d) Punishments for violations in actions against licensees that
are in substantial accord with those applicable to the regulation of
alcohol sales, including heavy penalties for permitting persons under
21 years of age to purchase these products and other appropriate
regulatory provisions concerning matters as the time of sale,
deliveries, and signage. It is the intent of the people in enacting
this act that the regulation of marijuana sales be consistent with
the statutory guidance regarding alcohol sales in Chapter 16
(commencing with Section 25600), to the extent that consistency is
feasible.
(e) Recordkeeping consistent with the regulatory needs of the
department.
26070. Beginning 30 days after the operative date of the
regulations issued pursuant to this chapter, the department shall
begin to enforce the provisions of this chapter.
SEC. 4. Section 7597 of the Government Code is amended to read:
7597. (a) No public employee or member of the public shall smoke
any tobacco or marijuana product inside a public building,
or in an outdoor area within 20 feet of a main exit, entrance, or
operable window of a public building, or in a passenger vehicle, as
defined by Section 465 of the Vehicle Code, owned by the state.
(b) This section shall not preempt the authority of any county,
city, city and county, California Community College campus, campus of
the California State University, or campus of the University of
California to adopt and enforce additional smoking and tobacco
control ordinances, regulations, or policies that are more
restrictive than the applicable standards required by this chapter.

watson540

Hi,
I havent finished reading this thread yet, but this prick wont shut-up and you just said everything i wanted to. Took the words out of my mouth. I think most of us good people are in line with you.

This prick hes responding to needs to take a flying leap

Thanks for being level headed. Smart. Someone I would want repping us burn-outs/potheads. Thanks a lot for putting this asshole in his place..MULTIPLE TIMES

EDITED AGAIN: to say I never wanted to ignore someone so bad in my life. this mcattack person..his posts are so retarded I cant help but read them, but then hist stupidity just pisses me off..and I think,..this is America..I guess that explains it all..america in the 2k's..where its cool to be stupid belligerant and ignorant

Last edited:

mcattak

I really think you have me misunderstood because you raged on my first comment instead of seeing the point behind what I said.

As others have already tried to explain, we (I and those who agree with me) do not have a problem with people who make more profit because you are farming illegal. We appreciate that you take the risk to supply us with stuff when we can't do it ourselves.

The "thanks" stops RIGHT there when you make comments like "I don't want it legal because I won't make as much money". Why do I feel I have the right to comment about your personality from that statement?

Because it tells a lot to me about a person who is more worried about 5-10 dollars a gram then TWENTY MILLION (20,000,000) people who since Nixon have been imprisoned for non violent drug offenses, the fact that in states like NY where our arrest numbers have DOUBLE since last year, where patients are being killed in prison because they can't get access to meds, or where our budgets are reaching 25+ billion dollars a year. Instead of moving toward a fix for those issues, you want to keep it illegal because you make a few extra dollars and don't want to try and actually compete with anyone.

You think you are going to lose out against big business? Let me explain business 101. There is ALWAYS going to be someone bigger then you, so learn to adapt to your market.

As for your little "Get a new job" comment. Ill ignore it for now because you know life isn't just that easy when you are trying to do it legally. I'll make you this bet right now though. When California, or the US legalizes Cannabis I will be rich. Why? Because I know how to sell a product, run a business and advertise. You are a fucking drug dealer, you do too, the difference is you choose to rest on your laurels where its easy instead of thinking outside the box.

That is not my quote...

You do not know how much I sell my medicine for...

Its been a while since you have been to California..In this market I compete everyday.....

Is that why you left California...

OK..Sure...Because of all that extra capital you have...

Well if it is legalized then that is what you will be...Hypocrite...

You really are stupid if you dont think starting and maintainig a commercial grow is not thinking outside of the box...I think outside the box everyday as most entrepreneurs do...

mc

mcattak

Hi,
I havent finished reading this thread yet, but this prick wont shut-up and you just said everything i wanted to. Took the words out of my mouth. I think most of us good people are in line with you.

This prick hes responding to needs to take a flying leap

Thanks for being level headed. Smart. Someone I would want repping us burn-outs/potheads. Thanks a lot for putting this asshole in his place..MULTIPLE TIMES

EDITED AGAIN: to say I never wanted to ignore someone so bad in my life. this mcattack person..his posts are so retarded I cant help but read them, but then hist stupidity just pisses me off..and I think,..this is America..I guess that explains it all..america in the 2k's..where its cool to be stupid belligerant and ignorant

Thanks Watson

The following is from AB 2254, which I believe will be the legislative language foundation used to enact cannabis legalization, as set forth in the ballot initiative:

(c) The Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control shall administer
and enforce this chapter. The department shall make and prescribe
those reasonable rules as may be necessary or proper to carry out the
purposes and intent of, and to enable it to exercise the powers and
perform the duties conferred upon it by, this chapter.
26010. For purposes of this chapter, "marijuana" means all parts
of the plant Cannabis sativa L., whether growing or not; the seeds
thereof; the resin extracted from any part of the plant; concentrated
cannabis; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative,
mixture, or preparation of the plant or of its seeds or resin. It
does not include the mature stalks of the plant, fiber produced from
the stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, any other
compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of
the mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom), fiber, oil,
or cake, or the sterilized seed of the plant that is incapable of
germination. For purposes of this chapter, "marijuana" does not
include "medical marijuana" that is regulated under Article 2.5
(commencing with Section 11362.7) of Chapter 6 of Division 10 of the
Health and Safety Code.
26020. (a) The department shall license commercial cultivators of
marijuana. The fee for the license shall be set at an amount that
will reasonably cover the costs of assuring compliance with the
regulations to be issued, but may not exceed five thousand dollars
($5,000) for an initial application, or two thousand five hundred
dollars ($2,500) per year for each annual renewal.
(b) Regulations adopted by the department pursuant to this chapter
shall require background checks of applicants be conducted. At the
request of the department, the Attorney General or any local agency
shall provide summary criminal history information to the department
as provided in Sections 11105 and 13300 of the Penal Code.
26030. The department shall, with consideration for the risks
posed by cultivation of a valuable crop with public health
implications that is subject to significant fees, issue and enforce
regulations concerning commercial cultivators of marijuana that
provide for all of the following:
access to the marijuana crop at all stages of cultivation,
harvesting, drying, processing, packing, and delivery to licensed
sales outlets or wholesalers. Each licensee shall be required to
provide a detailed crop security plan, along with satisfactory proof
of the financial ability of the licensee to provide for that
security.
cultivation, storage, drying, or packing, or at any other time.
seller.
on the premises of a commercial cultivator.
all marijuana produced by the cultivator that is eventually sold is
department.
(g) Ensure that all applicable statutory environmental and
agricultural requirements are followed in the cultivation of
marijuana.
26040. (a) The department shall license marijuana wholesalers,
who shall be allowed to package and prepare marijuana for sale, and
who shall be authorized to sell marijuana to licensed sales outlets.
The fee for the license shall be set in an amount that will
reasonably cover the costs of compliance with the regulations to be
issued, but may not exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000) for an
initial application, or two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500)
per year for each annual renewal.
(b) The department shall issue regulations that include a
requirement that all applicants for licensure receive background
checks. At the request of the department, the Attorney General or any
local agency shall provide summary criminal history information to
the department as provided in Sections 11105 and 13300 of the Penal
Code.
26050. The department shall, with consideration for the risks
posed by a valuable commodity with public health implications that is
subject to significant fees, issue and enforce regulations
concerning the sale, packaging, and labeling of marijuana by
wholesale licensees. Those regulations shall provide for all of the
following:
access to marijuana at all stages of the wholesaler's possession of
the marijuana, including receiving, processing, packing, storage, and
delivery to licensed sales outlets. Each wholesaler shall be
required to provide a detailed product security plan, along with
satisfactory proof of the financial ability of the licensee to
provide for that security.
receiving, processing, packing, storage, and delivery or at any other
time.
seller.
on the premises of a wholesaler.
all marijuana received by the wholesaler that is eventually sold is
department.
(g) Adequate labeling of packages of marijuana to describe the
purity, potency, processing, and any adulteration of the product.
26060. The department shall issue and enforce regulations
concerning the sale of marijuana by off-sale general licensees. Those
regulations shall provide for all of the following:
(a) An inspection and tracking system to ensure that marijuana may
not be sold by a licensee if that marijuana has not been made
subject to an assessment provided for in Part 14.6 (commencing with
Section 34001) of Division 2 of the Revenue and Taxation Code.
(b) Marijuana shall be kept behind a counter in an area not
directly accessible to any customer, and shall be stored in a case
that is locked between sales.
(c) Marijuana may not be sold to anyone under 21 years of age.
(d) Punishments for violations in actions against licensees that
are in substantial accord with those applicable to the regulation of
alcohol sales, including heavy penalties for permitting persons under
21 years of age to purchase these products and other appropriate
regulatory provisions concerning matters as the time of sale,
deliveries, and signage. It is the intent of the people in enacting
this act that the regulation of marijuana sales be consistent with
the statutory guidance regarding alcohol sales in Chapter 16
(commencing with Section 25600), to the extent that consistency is
feasible.
(e) Recordkeeping consistent with the regulatory needs of the
department.
26070. Beginning 30 days after the operative date of the
regulations issued pursuant to this chapter, the department shall
begin to enforce the provisions of this chapter.
SEC. 4. Section 7597 of the Government Code is amended to read:
7597. (a) No public employee or member of the public shall smoke
any tobacco or marijuana product inside a public building,
or in an outdoor area within 20 feet of a main exit, entrance, or
operable window of a public building, or in a passenger vehicle, as
defined by Section 465 of the Vehicle Code, owned by the state.
(b) This section shall not preempt the authority of any county,
city, city and county, California Community College campus, campus of
the California State University, or campus of the University of
California to adopt and enforce additional smoking and tobacco
control ordinances, regulations, or policies that are more
restrictive than the applicable standards required by this chapter.

I think its a good way to regulate. it doesnt ask for anything more then for the grower to be able to comply with security, and to disclose pestacide use, and any use of chemicals. and also the ability to lable and package the product properly (whatever that means).

the problem is, that none of this proposal is mentioned in the tax and regulate initiative. so if the bill passes in november, what you posted above will not be included. is that correct? even if its not included in this initiative, i have no doubt that will be the model local governments refer back to.

T

tokinafaty420

Plenty of other states to grow illegally in if you want to keep your margins. Just stay the hell out of the Northeast.

I think its a good way to regulate. it doesnt ask for anything more then for the grower to be able to comply with security, and to disclose pestacide use, and any use of chemicals. and also the ability to lable and package the product properly (whatever that means).

the problem is, that none of this proposal is mentioned in the tax and regulate initiative. so if the bill passes in november, what you posted above will not be included. is that correct? even if its not included in this initiative, i have no doubt that will be the model local governments refer back to.

http://www.canorml.org/news/TC2010.html

Fortunately, the initiative has a clause allowing the legislature to pass additional laws to further the purpose of the act. Should TC 2010 pass, Ammiano believes that the legislature will be eager to pass a bill like his own, AB 2254, in order to establish statewide regulation and taxation of marijuana.

Marijuana Legalization Bill AB 2254 Submitted to Cal Legislature
http://www.canorml.org/news/AB2254.html

DOWNLOAD AN AB2254 FLYER
http://www.canorml.org/AB2254flyer.pdf

Americans agree: marijuana prohibition has failed.

Support California’s solution: AB 2254

A.B. 2254, introduced by Assemblyman Tom Ammiano (D-San Francisco), is sensible legislation that would make California
a model for fiscally sound and effective marijuana policy. A.B. 2254 removes state-level criminal penalties for private adult
use, possession, and limited cultivation of marijuana. It also replaces California’s $14 billion underground marijuana market
with a controlled system that would be regulated and taxed in a manner comparable to alcohol.

A.B. 2254 would…

! Save taxpayer dollars and generate revenue. According to California Board of Equalization
Chair, Betty Yee, taxing marijuana – the state’s top cash crop – would generate an estimated $1.3 billion in new annual
revenue. California taxpayers are also spending hundreds of millions on marijuana prohibition every year and by all
accounts, these costly efforts have no effect on marijuana use or availability. The combined yearly savings and revenue
generated by A.B. 2254 will help California fund vital services like education, health care, and public safety.

! Reduce teen marijuana use and availability. More California teens report using marijuana
than tobacco1 because in a prohibition-market, illegal drug dealers don’t card for age. A.B. 2254 would require licensed
vendors to work to prevent teens from buying marijuana – just as California has seen sales of tobacco to minors fall
dramatically as a result of strict controls preventing underage tobacco purchases.

! Make our communities safer. Removing marijuana from the
criminal market would free up police time so officers can focus on violent crimes,
property crimes, and people who drive under the influence of alcohol, marijuana,
or any other substance. Tax dollars would be used to incarcerate real criminals
who threaten public safety. Regulating marijuana would also significantly de-fund
violent Mexican drug cartels that, according to White House reports, rely on illegal
marijuana for more than 60% of their income.
AB 2254 would not…

" Legalize marijuana for those
under 21.

" Allow driving under the
influence of marijuana.

" Prohibit employers from drug
testing.

" Impose new taxes on
medical marijuana patients.

! Protect our public lands. Every year, more and more
clandestine marijuana farms are being discovered on California’s public lands.
These criminal operations pose a risk to hikers and the environment – and cost
taxpayers millions in eradication and clean-up. These bootleg-style operations
would not exist if not for disastrous prohibition policies. Regulating marijuana like
alcohol will immediately eliminate any incentive to grow on public land. After all,
California’s wine industry isn’t planting vineyards on public lands.

58% of West Coast voters believe that marijuana should be
“taxed and legally regulated like alcohol and cigarettes.”
- Zogby International Polling, January 29, 2009

Latest posts

Latest posts