What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greek red landrace

delicorganic

The buds are pretty thin and fluffy compared to new varieties whereas the tolerance to insects and fungi is high. The yield is almost always medium to low and the buds are always covered in trichomes that make the red lady a platinum treasure. It becomes completely gold when cured properly.

After some research to find out the genes of this landrace i can see some similarities to the Lebanese hash plant but in terms of it's high and plant structure it's more close to an oldschool sativa or haze.
some phenos are NLD but the red specials are not the plants with the most narrow leaves,however they are old school sativa structure all the way.
the greek freak has a flowering period, about 11-13 weeks, and although it can be a very stretchy plant, it remains a low yielder .
it s true that the high and the whole appearance is very close to the mythic kalamata red that i had the luck to smoke a few times before 2002.

The most outstanding phenotypes, the plants that I call reds (cause of the red body/stalk and red stripes on the calyxes), are one of natures great wonders in terms of taste and aromas.
For me, my girlfriend and some good friends , it’s the strongest, purest and definitely rarest smell and smoke that we’ve ever tried. The main aroma is an undefined,extremely powerfull and penetrating earthy-hashy smell and taste with lemon and sweet red fruit undertones, all in harmony with eachother.
Also the best part is that the flavor lingers in your mouth and all the way down your throat , making the taste in your mouth more important than anything else.
Now in terms of the high the dominant characteristics are creativity, euphoria and energy for the first two joints, and while up to that point it seems like a clear daytime sativa, for biking and drawing, at 3-4 joints you realize that apart from that first “blast” your head gets from the first “dimension” of the high, there is a whole other “dimension” that came on so soft and steadily, joint by joint, that you didn’t realize when your body got so loose and fluffy and when you got so high. Your body becomes lighter and you get in a laid back mood for improvised fictional stories and music while sitting on a couch…but not for sleep.
I would undoubtedly rank it number one on my list, as my favorite for many reasons. But most of all for it’s high, which reminds me of the glorious pure-strong Greek weed which was around up until 2000 and that some of us, who were lucky , got to smoke and will never forget.

Last edited:

RasTarzan

Veteran
Hi Delicorganic:tiphat:
Now in terms of the high the dominant characteristics are creativity, euphoria and energy for the first two joints
Nice! This positive high look very good, thanks for sharing.

aquavitae

wow greek landrace thats one i have never seen or smoked yet. although a few years ago around 2007, a greek guy who used to go to school with me claimed that his brother had some killer smoke from Crete, sungrown on the island. he also said that the marleys would highly approve their Weed from Crete, as some of the best.

not sure about the whole marley story, my 2c anyway.

aqua

R

Rox

What Marley story? Must have been edited out which casts doubt on the legitimacy of this landrance:laughing:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Looking nice and frosty... has some hashplant features too.

Does anyone remember a crazy pink hair Greek or Turkish landrace that someone was growing and reported on the forum some years ago? I've been trying to find the pictures to postr them here but I couldn't locate those.

Peace.

makedon

Veteran
hola deli :tiphat:

in 2014 i was growing a seed that i had colect from some weed that i had score in the local market,it was somethink speial..

do you see any similarities?

picture.php

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greek weed very well could resemble Lebanese... Or rather, the other way around...

The weed that is grow in & around Lebanon may have originated in Greece according to R.C.C. & his studies of cannabis migration.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Nice report, delicorganic!

Do you have any photos of whole plants, would be nice to see?

Another thing..
If you already haven't sent seeds or dry leaf-material to Sam Skunkman for the Phylos Galaxy cannabis DNA-project, i'm sure he would be interested in this Greek weed. PM Sam Skunkman if you're interested.
Peace.
:)

delicorganic

thank you all for the responses.its really helpfull..

hola deli :tiphat:
do you see any similarities?
View Image
hola makedon!!

that bagseed strain looks intresting,but i only see a few small similarities..
believe me compatriot that was not a random landrace. It has it's own strange and very promising story.
There is also a long research for greek landraces behind this special finding.:)thanks for posting this lady to look for similarities.:tiphat:

Greek weed very well could resemble Lebanese... Or rather, the other way around...

The weed that is grow in & around Lebanon may have originated in Greece according to R.C.C. & his studies of cannabis migration.
thank you mj passion,that's very intresting,i'm gonna have something very usefull to read the following nights with R.C.C.'s studies.:)

Originally Posted by Ganja baba View Post
Making your own crosses is where it's at and I hope that most try it at some point , it's the true essence of growing and creating , it's the art canvas of a ganja lover.

what a wonderfull approach!!:tiphat:

Last edited:

delicorganic

Another thing..
If you already haven't sent seeds or dry leaf-material to Sam Skunkman for the Phylos Galaxy cannabis DNA-project, i'm sure he would be interested in this Greek weed. PM Sam Skunkman if you're interested.
Peace.

hello goatcheese.thank you very much.:tiphat:
No i haven't sent anything yet, but i intend to since i was also recently looking at phylos galaxy and saw that they have done a wonderful job.
i will be be back with more pictures of the plants.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Another thing..
Peace.

Please do submit a sample for Phylos.
They're project is focused on bringing as many varieties into the public domain as possible. This will prevent varieties from being patented/protected for exclusive use by potential PVP/P recipients & keep the variety for public use.

delicorganic

Please do submit a sample for Phylos.
They're project is focused on bringing as many varieties into the public domain as possible. This will prevent varieties from being patented/protected for exclusive use by potential PVP/P recipients & keep the variety for public use.

a sample for phylos is already on the way..
thank you very much!!.:tiphat:

delicorganic

Another thing..
thank you very much Goatcheese..:

Criollo

Uff, searching info about greek landraces. Searching old post and i come across with this
good.gif

Great to ear you Delicorganic. Looks diferent plant in my ignorance of course.

Have you think in to the posibility of give seeds to someone, i think there are people interested in landraces...no much but there are (haberlas haylas). And "your" plant grows in a better lattitude than others plants that cant be growed easily.

danlilker

delicorganic! congrats! i would have thought not to see this strain on any website! so glad and lucky to have seen these pics! full of dew! nice nice nice! great job! i wonder if you've got some seeds to sell? i'm a seed collector of pure landraces and before this disappears... how did you get hold of it??? Do you think if i go to Greece i can still be lucky and find some seeds? Any particular village/area over there? I am willing to pay for some beans no problem.

cheers
Dan

Westernsoil

I recently was on the thread about greek landraces, thank you so much for your dedication. I would love to help you keep the strain alive, maybe we can trade some genetics. My father leaves for Greece tomorrow and was going to be searching for me. Have a great day and I hope to hear back from you